Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
First stage of infection can be fought off with honey, which can be found in those lootable treestamp.

Finding a town with phamacy would be more certain, but zombies. 🤢

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Nyaa posted:

First stage of infection can be fought off with honey, which can be found in those lootable treestamp.

Finding a town with phamacy would be more certain, but zombies. 🤢

worst case is i die and respawn, right?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Nosfereefer posted:

if you haven't made a bedroll, make one now. when you die you respawn at the bedroll. I recommend a bow + arrows for looting a pharmacy. Here's how I loot:
-Smash open a door/window
-fight off the horde that comes out with bow headshots
-go inside, watch for zombies.

It helps when looting to break a few more windows for escape routes and to let light in.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Nosfereefer posted:

That's the spirit! (yes)

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
nice! is there any way to get the temperature in celcius? i'm having no idea if it's too hot or cold
[edit] i also keep finding handguns in toilets, which i can only assume is an american thing?
also i'm scavenging a bunch of stuff which i hoard in my lovely bunker, so far the best i've found is a flashlight and some handguns and very little ammo. headshots seems to put them down for good, but that might only be the shittier zombies?

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 18, 2018

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nosfereefer posted:

[edit] i also keep finding handguns in toilets, which i can only assume is an american thing?
Yes.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

i think i also literally burgled some turds at the same time, so thats a nice touch i guess

i can make gunpowder out of those later right

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The pistol spawn rate is a bit too high for toilet, but it’s rewarding for those who bother to search through the toilet for poo poo.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Nosfereefer posted:

i can make gunpowder out of those later right

fertilizer, which you can also make with rotten meat which is p easy to mass-harvest via slaughtering shitloads of zombies so turds are among the worst possible things to spend inventory space on.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nyaa posted:

The pistol spawn rate is a bit too high for toilet, but it’s rewarding for those who bother to search through the toilet for poo poo.

i feel very appreciated by the devs

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I REALLY want to play this game again.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

chairface posted:

turds are among the worst possible things to spend inventory space on.

Unless you're playing on an MP server, which makes looting a pubbies' base and filling his inventory with turds a viable strategy

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It’s never not funny to give someone a bag of poo poo in mp.

Or throw it at their house or face.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

i DID find antibiotics, but i exploded a short while after, solving the infection problem. any tips on looting those military bases?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You can see those landmine on the ground. Walk between them or bow/rock-throw them to explode.

Or jump over if you are brave. Landmine is part of the army camp spawn.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nosfereefer posted:

i DID find antibiotics, but i exploded a short while after, solving the infection problem. any tips on looting those military bases?

You can see landmines on the ground so just watch your step. Soldier zombies are incredibly buff but easy to kill if you trap them in spikes or barbed wire first. Magdump into their head or bring a good melee weapon like a hunting knife, machete, or spiked club.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
One looting tip I have is to figure out where the safe/boxes/etc are, the ones next to the walls. Then break the wall behind that thing, and loot the safe/box from the outside. At a high level that's the only way I could loot anything because at least 2 glowing radioactive cops would spawn in every shop and I was unable to kill any of them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Everyone die to the camp once.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
drat, saw 29 replies to the thread and thought maybe a17 hit. Turns out the game got its first new player since 1986. Welcome!

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum

chairface posted:

turds are among the worst possible things to spend inventory space on.

Thread title plz.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Art mirrors life.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Is the goon server still up? I really want to play with goons this evening / weekend? Does anyone else feel like a new MP world?

edit: the server is still up and my character seems to be gone. Nobody's online, nobody has used it for ages, but it's day 280 or so and all of the buildings are already open and looted. Can it be reset please?

edit 2: I PM'd powderkeg to ask him to reset the server. Is anyone else interested in playing this? I'm REALLY jonesing to play MP with some goons.

redreader fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 20, 2018

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Yup, still up!

64.94.95.162:22854

password lljk

Played for a little spurt a couple of weeks ago and got a whole lot of digging done (made a nice spiked murderhole for 7 day hordes). I'd like to keep it for a bit, but if a reset is needed, thats ok. Will probably start playing again later this weekend. I'll give you the coords if you want to mess around with the base. It's right between two big cities and I've tunneled to one of them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Definitely need to reset it since zombie that aren’t suppose to spawn until days later will be all over the place due to horde night. Pls run mod too.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Nyaa posted:

Definitely need to reset it since zombie that aren’t suppose to spawn until days later will be all over the place due to horde night. Pls run mod too.

There's just so much sign of habitation everywhere. I have a base there but my character seems to have been lost (that's probably to do with the install on my machine rather than anything on the server). So when I connected yesterday I did that tutorial build/craft/gather quest, and lol, as I ran towards the road after placing + upgrading 3 wood frames, I saw someone else's 3 wood frames they'd made for their tutorial mission. The town I went into had had all of the doors bashed open too.

edit: but... if it's just two of us interested in restarting I suppose there's not much point.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I can’t accept anything without bigger backpack mod

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Actually.... a17 is coming in, probably, the next couple of weeks - month. So I suppose there's no point, we should just wait. The expected release date is currently end July / start of August, which is 10 days away.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

redreader posted:

Actually.... a17 is coming in, probably, the next couple of weeks - month. So I suppose there's no point, we should just wait. The expected release date is currently end July / start of August, which is 10 days away.

So basically it’s 3 months away.

I mean come on, how do you people still fall for that crap?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

i'd join an eventual new goon server. having loads of fun in sp now, but i hunger for mp (and pubbies are seriously the worst)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I would be up for it too.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Modded or vanilla? I like vanilla but it needs more items so you don't just take the obvious progression tree.

But yeah, I would be in.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
So what mod then? Any preferences?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

PowderKeg posted:

So what mod then? Any preferences?

War of the Walkers is pretty cool. Lots of POIs, lots of skilltree specific buildup for different types of items, multiple questlines for the skill trees, skill books to avoid grinding out lovely skills like Medicine, etc.

But I'm open to others.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I just broke up with my girlfriend so I could use something that I can sink lots of time into. I guess I’m in.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I introduced a friend to the game last night, using the goon server. He resisted last time I suggested it but was happy to try it this time, and he had fun.

(I tried to use my own pc as the server but even with port forwarding, he couldn't connect to me... has anyone else had issues with this?)
We're gonna play again today/this evening using the server.

Edit: my friend is up for playing with other people, and a server reset too. So that's +2 for 'we will play'
edit 2: no mod preferences
edit 3: Powderkeg: thank you for running the server. I've had a lot of fun on it over the last year and a half.

redreader fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 21, 2018

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

My only mod preference would be those UI mods that show additional stuff on the HUD (food/water/temperature). I seem to remember them not working in MP even though they are client-side and don't affect gameplay.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Yes please to the goon server once a17 hits.
I love playing this game solo, but it gets boring/frustrating not having anyone around.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Good news, a16 is the last good release so enjoy what you have while you have it.

someone on the 7dtd forums posted:

Sphereii: How different are the new perks, compared to A16?
Kumbaja: You have to really use melee if you want to get into melee and the perks. And you'll want all the perks , not just the first ones.
Sphereei: Is it possible to buy all perks with default skill points?
Kumbaja: No, you'll only reach 1-2. You'll have to specialize. And we're going to be tweaking that to balance it more and more. Where you'll have to make decisions.
--- New PARTY UI ---
Fubar: You can join up with people. Exp sharing within 100 meters of friends.
Kumbaja: You have a modified max stamina, and basically that's how much food you have in you. The stamina regeneration // HP as well, is tied to how much water you have. If you're standing still and you have 10 regen. But when you have only 7.5 regen, then you're at 75% hydration. The more you do, the more you need.
Every point of stamina regenerated, uses up a point of food.
Sphereiie: What vehicles are coming in A17?
Fubar: Motor cycle // bicycle // Jeep.
Fubar // Kumbaja: Backpacks ---> There will be BIGGAAA backpacks. You start with a bit less space than before and with strength attribute you can ultimately carry more later. 45 max (maybe) ????
Sphereii: Has the power system been updated?
Fubar: Trying to get electric doors in. Not quite sure. If not A17, then definitely A18.
Apparently there was a livestream twitch thing in which devs answered some questions. As someone pointed out on that page, the devs saying "IDK if *thing* will go in or not" means, code freeze != code freeze.
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Diary-Alpha-17/page1581

edit: lol 1 point of stam regen = 1 point of food used. Sooooo I suppose never mine or run.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Those changes make sense to me, at least at a glance. I like the idea of specializing when it comes to combat skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

redreader posted:

Good news, a16 is the last good release so enjoy what you have while you have it.

Apparently there was a livestream twitch thing in which devs answered some questions. As someone pointed out on that page, the devs saying "IDK if *thing* will go in or not" means, code freeze != code freeze.
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Diary-Alpha-17/page1581

edit: lol 1 point of stam regen = 1 point of food used. Sooooo I suppose never mine or run.

They've been talking about this for over a year in detail and the whole stats system was part of the kickstarter pitch before alpha 01. They've always been aiming for a fallout/skyrim style RPG system.

Also different foods will give more points, possibly tied into the skills and stats. You'll also be able to edit xml files to mod the amount of skill points you get so you can easily max out everything on a modded server.