Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hey mods! Something heartwarming got through the Bitterness wall!
I demand quick suppressive action!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

jojoinnit posted:

I browsed the Twitter comments and I'm straight up shocked nobody else made this joke.

You only think no one else made that joke.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
What was that?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Tortilla chips spontaneously combust, causing 2 Austin fires

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I know it’s DailyMail, but still..

Man who is 90 per cent covered in tattoos has his genitals removed because they spoiled the view of his body art

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

By popular demand posted:

Hey mods! Something heartwarming got through the Bitterness wall!
I demand quick suppressive action!

I get taken to this and I honestly can't tell if it's a redirect or exactly right:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

the article posted:

Alabama college student walks almost 20 miles overnight to first day of work; CEO gives him his car

It's just you mang.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jojoinnit posted:

I get taken to this and I honestly can't tell if it's a redirect or exactly right:

2018.jpg

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

How do you exorcise this demon? There's a limit to the amount of dildos I can handle.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

By popular demand posted:

How do you exorcise this demon? There's a limit to the amount of dildos I can handle.

Get your hands on as many fleshlight as you can and get them consecrated.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tortilla chips are amazing firestarters!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Zil posted:

Get your hands on as many fleshlight as you can and get them consecrated.

Why not just have your b-hole consecrated

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Why not just have your b-hole consecrated

I respect your hustle, bertrand

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Boston Globe > What does a guy have to do to get a jaywalking ticket in this town?

quote:

The Boston Police Department has gone for long stretches without even issuing one. Talk to any resident who’s done even a small amount of walking in the city, and they’ll tell you the same thing: They’ve never gotten one, nor do they know anyone who has. Some locals insist, not without reason, that they don’t actually exist at all.

In Boston, the jaywalking ticket — which comes with a mammoth fine of $1 — has proven so elusive that it borders on myth.

So in the wake of recent pedestrian-related news — including a protest sparked by Mayor Martin J. Walsh’s comments about pedestrian and cyclist responsibility — I spent a day jaywalking my way through Boston, in an attempt to find out what, exactly, it took to get cited for the offense.

And one thing was for sure: I wasn’t leaving without a ticket.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

How I Got Paid to Wander the City: The Novelization

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It’s the paid version of how I’d get out of highschool for a day to tape a 10 minute video for broadcasting class about local park renovations and then go get high, eat pizza and go to a movie

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I don't think I want to know, but how do you tattoo the eye...?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
With ink and a needle https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_tattoo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:staredog:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Look, have you seen the way Boston streets are laid out? There are parts of this city where jaywalking is literally the only way to get across the street. I've crossed green line tracks next to a sign that says not to do exactly that. I'm not walking an extra two blocks to cross at the "right" place.

Boston: gently caress off, I got places to go

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

As a Briton it's still incredibly strange to me that in the land of the free to bear arms you can actually be charged with something for crossing the street in the wrong place.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

The_White_Crane posted:

As a Briton it's still incredibly strange to me that in the land of the free to bear arms you can actually be charged with something for crossing the street in the wrong place.

The rich kept running over people in their cars, so they made it illegal for poor people to cross the road.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Also, you know how (in some places) a cop can't just pull people over because they think they have drugs in it, so they'll come up with an excuse for why the pulled them over and then reach even further for an excuse for why they searched their car? Jaywalking's basically that for pedestrians where Stop and Frisk isn't in place.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Jul 19, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Gasoline posted:

The rich kept running over people in their cars, so they made it illegal for poor people to cross the road.

Yep. The forgotten history of how automakers invented the crime of "jaywalking" has the longer version.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gasoline posted:

To be clear, this sounds like a joke but is literally true. Car companies were nakedly, hilariously anti-consumer and anti-poor, and had become wealthy enough by the 30s to become powerful political lobbyists intent on loving over anyone who wasn't a car company.

Remember "I bought the Red Line so I could dismantle it!" from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? That was a thing that actually happened. gently caress you, drive our cars or never go anywhere.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I keep expecting the pigeon to have something to do with this.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Truth in advertising.

The patient got a bum bum.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That's missing the translation: It's literally "Dr. Butt"

Also, his defense attorney had an incident in 2016 where he presented himself as the Vice-Consul of Russia

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Makes sense...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/kfor/status/1019700891102994433

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
International ninja research group founded in Mie Prefecture in Japan
200 researchers from countries including Japan, South Korea, China and Britain, attended the association's inaugural ceremony.

https://intlninja.com/en/about/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1020396362234564608

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

RIP Louisgod

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Bobby Digital posted:

RIP Louisgod

:ohdear:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Making beef jerky is one of my hobbies, and I am definitely mentally ill.

I don't eat much of it, though. I like to share.

Actually, I _did_ eat a lot of it this year. Hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im mentally ill & hungry so if you wanna, just email me some jerky