Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I tried playing this game again after months away, got the free DLC. I am having quite the loading time problem. I’m on an Xbox one X and the game either gets stuck at the initial title screen saying “connect to the internet for multiplayer” and won’t connect without fully restarting the game. Or, it gets stuck at “loading game” and a level will never load. I remember the load times would be really long, but I’m surprised they haven’t fixed or improved this on the one x. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

I tried playing this game again after months away, got the free DLC. I am having quite the loading time problem. I’m on an Xbox one X and the game either gets stuck at the initial title screen saying “connect to the internet for multiplayer” and won’t connect without fully restarting the game. Or, it gets stuck at “loading game” and a level will never load. I remember the load times would be really long, but I’m surprised they haven’t fixed or improved this on the one x. Any ideas?

It's been a big problem since the last patch and DICE hasn't said anything as far as I know.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bronin posted:

Ok I definitely need this gun

https://youtu.be/C74Z7ZnIlos

gently caress planes

Wait, how were they doing that? I've been using that for a while and haven't been able to shoot fire out of it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Change the fire mode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SeanBeansShako posted:

Change the fire mode.

I've not bothered trying that because most guns it either does nothing or just switches from FA to SA

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

bronin posted:

Ok I definitely need this gun

https://youtu.be/C74Z7ZnIlos

gently caress planes

Let me just leave a note for myself, "Unlock the Burton"

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Anything that pisses off LevelCap is a good thing

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I'm doubting peoples' commitment to making planes eat dirt if they don't already have the burton to burn off wing panels and engine blocks. Shredding someone and the squadmate that spawned on them at the same time is a bonus.

Just don't expect it to do wonders against heavy bombers, they don't need wings panels to fly; they take half the map to turn around anyway.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Y'all are forgetting the absolute best part about the Burton: It's got a bayonet. :getin:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
To stab the planes with?

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Ok the Burton is pretty cool. Kicks like a mule though.

Oh and I love the bolt action fire mode on the General Liu. Outsniping Scouts never gets old

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Blind Rasputin posted:

I dunno about on PC, but on consoles there has always been a bug where if there is a UI update (which updates in the game client itself, not via XBL) and you update you ALWAYS have to quit and restart. Even at that, most of the times I log on it says it's not connected but as long as there is no UI update it should just connect.

As an aside, since you play Xbox, friend me if you want. I'm usually only on late though. GT is CASTLE BR4V0

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there a trick to getting kills with dynamite?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Patience and maps with lots of choke points.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Perestroika posted:

Y'all are forgetting the absolute best part about the Burton: It's got a bayonet. :getin:

This is a major plus. I can now properly defend as support on elite-heavy maps.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Just got the last of three roadkills needed with planes to unlock the safe bail perk. Very slowly bonked into a scout who was motionless on a hill.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Throwing charges around corners in Fort de Vaux or in trenches works for me, but I never go for medals or anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

a primate posted:

Throwing charges around corners in Fort de Vaux or in trenches works for me, but I never go for medals or anything.

That's what I was trying. I guess i just need to keep throwing and praying. Fort seems like the best Assault Map.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
The general liu owns

https://gfycat.com/DismalWhirlwindAntlion

double bolt action collateral followed by a triple collat :getin:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Any news of BFV? I wanna see some new footage. 😕

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

afkmacro posted:

Probably won't see anything new until the beta I would presume.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Bohemian Nights posted:

The general liu owns

https://gfycat.com/DismalWhirlwindAntlion

double bolt action collateral followed by a triple collat :getin:

Seeing all those bodies fall at once is poetry.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

afkmacro posted:

DICE posted some stuff about the alpha here: https://twitter.com/Battlefield?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor. Big takeaways for me are that squad revives are getting like 2.5 seconds shaved off and they don't want to dick with damage to much, as spotting is being rolled into the idea of TTK, which I'm definitely cool with.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Team was about to win and I got team switched at the last second.

This game is just determined to ensure I never win a match. I'm always facing a stacked team, or if I manage to get on the stacked team, this happens.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’ve owned this game since Christmas but just reinstalled and out some time in on PS4.

Holy Christ Operations is a bad mode. I have never seen a game that wasn’t completely lopsided.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Operations is my favorite mode but yeah Dice and team balancing have some room for improvement. Goes for the Star Wars one too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Operations is my favorite mode but yeah Dice and team balancing have some room for improvement. Goes for the Star Wars one too.

I like the concept but it always seems to be either “attackers roll face and capture all the sectors in five minutes” or “both battalions have their push broken in the first sector”.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
the thompson annihilator is reaaaaaaaally good, and it makes me sad BFV will play completely differently and i wont be able to transfer it over.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

MadBimber posted:

the thompson annihilator is reaaaaaaaally good, and it makes me sad BFV will play completely differently and i wont be able to transfer it over.

I think you'll be fine, there's going to be even more automatic weapons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah that war was the golden age of burp guns.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I like the concept but it always seems to be either “attackers roll face and capture all the sectors in five minutes” or “both battalions have their push broken in the first sector”.

It's even worse when servers turn off rebalancing so you get 2-3 matches of 1000 to 300 steamrolls before the server just empties out.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Man I'm going to lose what little goon friends I have that play this game at US hours because the lack of servers with space for small squads (got to wait or try and populate servers) and lovely shock op/operation balance.

What the gently caress happened to the balance thing?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Propaganda Hour posted:

It's even worse when servers turn off rebalancing so you get 2-3 matches of 1000 to 300 steamrolls before the server just empties out.

Yeah, nobody likes being autobalanced but playing 7v32 is even worse. The rebalancer doesn't go far enough, since it pretty much excludes anyone who can make a difference. If you remotely PTFO you're not eligible for autobalance, so it just moves the sniper with a 0-2 KDR who was cluttering up the bottom of the scoreboard.

Being in a platoon shouldn't grant you immunity, and it shouldn't avoid players who PTFO. If the player count difference becomes severe enough it really should auto-kill players to swap them. Otherwise you just end up with no players being eligible for autobalance because the losing team is outnumbered 4:1 and getting spawncamped and never managing to kill anyone.

The matchmaker really also should be trying to match players of equal skill together in the first place. Even if you don't want to compute an elo ranking (and I definitely think showing an elo ranking would be a bad idea) just trying to match level 100 players against other level 90s-110s would be an improvement vs throwing them in vs raw newbies.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
In theory I want better team balancing but I dunno how they do it without ruining a big part of what makes Battlefield fun, which is playing as a squad with friends. Only thing I can think of that might help is having different servers for different rank tiers (like maybe three or four different tiers). That way there's a place for noobs and mid-rank people to go without having to worry about getting dad-dicked by a full squad of max rank players with thousands of hours in the game.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

If rank indicated anything besides play time, then yeah that could work. The problem is that it doesn't.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I mean yeah I have some friends who are 100+ that suck but for the most part the 140 rank dudes I play with are all pretty highly skilled.

But hell I dunno, could try doing it by Skill (if that stat wasn't horribly broken too). They already have Skill divisions.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Noctone posted:

In theory I want better team balancing but I dunno how they do it without ruining a big part of what makes Battlefield fun, which is playing as a squad with friends.

Yeah, i care about a hundred times more about having fun with friends than i do about the competitive integrity of a fukken bf game

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
My group and I run one of the last rush servers in oceanic and we actively admin and move players (including us to try and keep balance) because balance is an absolute oval office of a thing.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hey i see the game is on sale on origin right now. is it still worth playing, especially on PC? also is the deal for the entire game + dlcs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

StashAugustine posted:

hey i see the game is on sale on origin right now. is it still worth playing, especially on PC? also is the deal for the entire game + dlcs?

The Revolution edition? Yes, I'd say it's very much worth it. It's the best Battlefield game since 2142 IMO.

If nothing else, it's shock filled with quirky weapons that you'll never see this well modeled in a game again. The reload animation of the Lebel is seriously too good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daY72vbGf1Y&t=9s