Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Had a date and cooked burgers and tried out that cold oil chip technique that I think was discussed earlier in this thread that old mate couldn't accept as a valid technique.

250g grass fed beef patty, smoked cheddar cheese slice, smoked bacon, beetroot, charred onion, egg, lettuce, tomato on a turkish roll. It was a big burger.

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Torquemada posted:

Uhhhhhhh. I just had my first Shake Shack, and I won’t be having another. I mean, Five Guys ain’t all that, but this was worse in every respect. Insignificant bun, cold meat and cheese, no seasoning options, ‘Fifty/Fifty’ drink billed as ‘half lemonade half iced tea’ was the bad halves of those things, both sour and bitter and no sweet at all. The place looked like a re-gentrified McDonalds, smelled freshly bleached, had twenty staff just kind of ambling around pointlessly. Maybe it’s just London, but my Five Guys experiences have ranged from acceptable to good here, so I’ll just conclude they suck.

Steakandchips posted:

I 100% agree with your review of Shake Shack. My experience of the one at Canary Wharf was exactly as you described, down to the bleach and aimless staff and crap burger.

Even the chips were poo poo.

wow nah shake shack is good as hell in the colonies. idk what's going on in london

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Rodeo Goat was great when I was in Texas in 2014. I also did like Jake's and this other place that I can't remember but was like a redneck bar (not Redneck Heaven). Whattaburger is dope. In and Out was there too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Big Willy Style posted:

Had a date and cooked burgers and tried out that cold oil chip technique that I think was discussed earlier in this thread that old mate couldn't accept as a valid technique.

250g grass fed beef patty, smoked cheddar cheese slice, smoked bacon, beetroot, charred onion, egg, lettuce, tomato on a turkish roll. It was a big burger.

I'll reserve my judgement of this being an incredible looking meal until you confirm the egg is runny af

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think I've voiced this opinion before but the best thing at Shake Shack is the burger and fried mushroom burger thing, and their variety of drinks and desserts. Their fries are decidedly low-tier.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Fry failure is common, I find, like restaurant coffee. The general range is crap -> serviceable, but you occasionally get a great one that elevates the whole experience.
Had my 4th or 5th burger from a 3 outlet chain called Beer+Burger last night: the burgers are pro tier smashes, outrageous cheese sauce and bacon, ludicrous bun, great pickles (which is very rare in the UK)excellent beer selection, and delivery under 20 minutes. Fries? Total rear end. Though in their defence they do a really good mac and cheese ball with chipotle sauce.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

iajanus posted:

I'll reserve my judgement of this being an incredible looking meal until you confirm the egg is runny af

Egg was runny, brother

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Big Willy Style posted:

Egg was runny, brother

Good man

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This fry talk reminds me that I've waited since may for my order for some suet, turns out they got some issues getting it unless I wanna pay extra, which I don't. Want some suet so I can render it into tallow and make some old school pre-1990s McDonalds fries.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I’d recommend a mix of 50/50 tallow/peanut oil if you’re cooking a lot of fries, tallow seems to get ‘muddy’ quicker than oil.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
The West Coast Griddle Burger from Ballast Point brewpub in Chicago.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
:hellyeah: I like it.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

beerinator posted:

whoa mama :eyepop:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

beerinator posted:

gently caress

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Why the gently caress doesn’t ballast point have these burgers on the actual west coast?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Big Willy Style posted:

Gat dang

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

One tasty lookin spunkburger! Good work sir!

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Did you pour a small bowl of nutt all over that burger

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:gizz:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VERTiG0 posted:

Did you pour a small bowl of nutt all over that burger

A small bowl? Slow down there, Peter North.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Y’all need to get to a doctor if your nut looks like that

I'd eat the spunkburger, though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'll be honest, not a single one of those pictures was appetizing, but I'd still eat that poo poo.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Spunkburger was good. Not pictured: bbq sauce all over the butter sauteed onion crispies.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

His Divine Shadow posted:

This fry talk reminds me that I've waited since may for my order for some suet, turns out they got some issues getting it unless I wanna pay extra, which I don't. Want some suet so I can render it into tallow and make some old school pre-1990s McDonalds fries.

If you decide to render your own tallow, do it outside to avoid the wrath of your wife/gf/SO.

Incidentally, you can just buy beef tallow. It's reasonably priced and typically comes in 1 quart containers. I use it for soapmaking, but the stuff the soap supply stores sell is food grade/edible and tastes fine.

Finally, if you know anybody who hunts deer, ask them to save both the true suet and the lacy fat in the abdominal cavity in a gallon ziploc for you. A lot of folks toss it out because they superstitiously think it doesn't taste good (part of this myth comes from confusion with intramuscular fat, which will sometimes taste gamey, depending on the deer's age, diet, and what was done with the carcass after field dressing), but in fact it tastes as good as anything as long as you get it cold in a reasonable timeframe and then render it down.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also I highly recommend mixing ghost pepper sauce with honey mustard

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Made a bunch of smashburgs for a friends backyard pool party. I worked at In-n-Out in high school like, 15 years ago and wrapping a burger in pamona wrap came back as fluid and easy as though I hadn't missed a day. They were tasty burgs - American cheese on the top patty, cheddar on the bottom patty. There's some onion in there too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

ogopogo posted:

Made a bunch of smashburgs for a friends backyard pool party. I worked at In-n-Out in high school like, 15 years ago and wrapping a burger in pamona wrap came back as fluid and easy as though I hadn't missed a day. They were tasty burgs - American cheese on the top patty, cheddar on the bottom patty. There's some onion in there too.

Double burg with distinct cheeses on each patty. That's the sort of simple genius that inspires me.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ogopogo posted:

Flawless burg perfection, right here.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Gwaihir posted:

Flawless burg perfection, right here.

Yes, this burger definitely isn't flawed perfection.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

ogopogo posted:

:perfect:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Got a black and blue burger at Chur Burger at the airport

V tasty

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Wait, which airport has chur burger?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Big Willy Style posted:

Wait, which airport has chur burger?

Sydney terminal 2

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
How much does a gourmet burger at the sydney airport cost?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:stonklol:

What in the actual gently caress is that?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
A mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I like mayo as much as the next guy, unless the next guy is this guy