Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

DuhSal posted:

When a first baseman makes the third out and is going to the dugout he tosses the ball to the crowd, why does someone from the dugout toss another new ball into his glove before going into the dugout?

First baseman and center fielder get tossed a ball on the way in so they have it when they go back out next inning. 1st baseman throws grounders to infielders for warmups well the pitcher is warming up and center throws to left or right depending on the dugout they're in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Ah, thank you!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cespedes has calcified heels? What the hell? :gonk:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
7 game win streak for the best team in the NL Central :smuggo:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

GalacticAcid posted:

still 7th in the Wild Card race :smith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rand alPaul posted:

Cespedes has calcified heels? What the hell? :gonk:

There was calcification in one of my knuckles and it was one of the more unbearable pains I’ve had in my life. And both his heels are calcified? Nah that’s too much

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carlosologist posted:

There was calcification in one of my knuckles and it was one of the more unbearable pains I’ve had in my life. And both his heels are calcified? Nah that’s too much

Yeah he said that is why he's running funny, because he compensates by shifting weight and ends up hurting his knees/hips/hamstrings/groin. Ouch.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh man. Just saw the Blandino injury - really hope the guy’s alright. What an awful thing to happen, esp in a blowout game like that.

Looks like the wet field played a role in the slide? Moroff def didn’t go right into him, but still seems dumb and risky to me. vid’s here.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

GalacticAcid posted:

Oh man. Just saw the Blandino injury - really hope the guy’s alright. What an awful thing to happen, esp in a blowout game like that.

Looks like the wet field played a role in the slide? Moroff def didn’t go right into him, but still seems dumb and risky to me. vid’s here.

It almost looks like Moroff tried to pop up to his feet and avoid him altogether since he knew he was beat by a mile at 2B, but he couldn't stop completely and just kinda rolled into him.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Don't look now, but the best lefty in baseball (when he's on) has turned in 3 consecutive quality starts, a stat that is very useful.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Yeah, if I was Cespedes, I'd just get surgery to fix his heels now. There's a billion to one chance the Mets can come back and contend, so just get any sort of surgery done and wait until next season.

Also I am absolutely thrilled if the Mets get a decent return for Familia. One abuser down, one to go!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was actually at that Pujols game

I was, too. LaTroy Hawkins lost his goddamn mind with the umpire that day.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Armitage posted:

Yeah, if I was Cespedes, I'd just get surgery to fix his heels now. There's a billion to one chance the Mets can come back and contend, so just get any sort of surgery done and wait until next season.

Also I am absolutely thrilled if the Mets get a decent return for Familia. One abuser down, one to go!
https://twitter.com/SteveGelbs/status/1020515670801420289

With that kind of recovery time, even if he does it now he might not be ready for ST. If he waits he will definitely miss it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Bad news: I'm laid up and can hardly walk because of my bad back.

Good news: At least I can watch a doubleheader.

Worse news: I'm out of alcohol.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GalacticAcid posted:

Yin and Yang with the Brewers losing 7 straight

Your Taint posted:

I'm having Popete and Pancakes over to watch baseball today, and I have alcohol, but IIRC you live in Wisconsin, so it'd probably take you half the first game to get here.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yin and Yang with the Brewers losing 7 straight

I'm having Popete and Pancakes over to watch baseball today, and I have alcohol, but IIRC you live in Wisconsin, so it'd probably take you half the first game to get here.

More than that.. 2 hours to Chicago and 2 hours to get through it.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 21, 2018

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Your Taint posted:

if drizly is in your area, get it delivered!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol, imagine having your priorities so backwards that you run out of alcohol.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Popete posted:

It's not my fault! I was going to go out last night but then my back went out! Also I have a shitload of kids to take care of.

I'm innocent, I tells ya!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lol at not using a food delivery service to have alcohol sent to you

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
lol at not having a backup batch of pruno fermenting next to the radiator

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Another good start for Pudge Jr. last night, I see. Against the mighty Oakland A's, no less. Also he looks a lot like his dad, it's a little eerie tbh.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Popete posted:

I'm always out of alcohol, because I don't drink it at all!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Some Numbers posted:

Look who thinks he's better than us, boys.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I need a Backness rating on Keuchel

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Some Numbers posted:

:hfive:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Some Numbers posted:

bold move for a mariners fan :v:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gently caress Braves-Nats cancelled. Must be real bad to call it this early?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

gently caress Braves-Nats cancelled. Must be real bad to call it this early?

It's a little wet in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveGelbs/status/1020515670801420289

With that kind of recovery time, even if he does it now he might not be ready for ST. If he waits he will definitely miss it.

Yeah, I just hope that nobody's stupid about this(heh) and Cespedes does get this issue finally taken care of. Apparently this has been going on for 15 years? Just get it done now.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Timby posted:

It's a little wet in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Yowza. Wonder if tomorrow happens.
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1020741741580902400

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Tonight’s Giants at A’s game is projected to have the largest single-game attendance in all of MLB this season at 56,000+ fans. If they do happen to break 56,000, it’ll also be the largest single-game attendance in Oakland A’s history.

Get ready for the poop jokes.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

MLB either needs to lengthen the season or cut the number of games down because these makeup schedules are getting insane.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Senf posted:

Tonight’s Giants at A’s game is projected to have the largest single-game attendance in all of MLB this season at 56,000+ fans. If they do happen to break 56,000, it’ll also be the largest single-game attendance in Oakland A’s history.

Get ready for the poop jokes.

Apparently Jeurys Familia is box office.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sydin posted:

MLB either needs to lengthen the season or cut the number of games down because these makeup schedules are getting insane.

The MLBPA has been asking for a 154-game season in every round of CBA negotiations going back to like 1997. Guess what ownership's response has been.

Across-the-board salary rollbacks.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1020757398078795777

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

That doesn't really sound like much. Someone else could have likely beaten that.

EDIT: looked up Bobby Wahl. Ewwww, yeah, that's the kind of return you'd get for someone bad like Anthony Swarzak and not someone like Familia. Familia may be a rental and up and down but he does have a pedigree. The Mets easily coulda done better.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 21, 2018

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Chavez pitched 2 perfect innings in his Cubs debut.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Armitage posted:

That doesn't really sound like much. Someone else could have likely beaten that.

EDIT: looked up Bobby Wahl. Ewwww, yeah, that's the kind of return you'd get for someone bad like Anthony Swarzak and not someone like Familia. Familia may be a rental and up and down but he does have a pedigree. The Mets easily coulda done better.

they could have done better but, you know, the wilpons and saving money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
If a game is postponed due to weather, it should be made up at the away team's stadium. I feel like getting to play a doubleheader at home is a big advantage. Some stats nerd needs to tell me I'm wrong if this is incorrect

• Locked thread