Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, it's the kind of page that you need to pace in a book or continuous read through but not really in a once-a-week drip. The same black page showed up last time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

It's also a way of depicting unconsciousness that, for example, Mike Mignola really likes to do. Mignola does it with single panels generally, but a full page makes sense too.

E: also I kind of wish Abaddon had sprinkled a few more of them into the story before Incubus showed up stepping out of one, since that would be a cool effect - but I think the first real unconscious pages were when Incubus first showed up before Mottom's palace.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 15, 2018

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Speaking of black panels, are there any panels that look like they were drawn on a white page? Throne is such an oppresively dark place. It reminds me of the pallet from Batman the Animated Series but with more red and orange. It really conveys the bleakness of the universe.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Happy Underpants posted:

Speaking of black panels, are there any panels that look like they were drawn on a white page? Throne is such an oppresively dark place. It reminds me of the pallet from Batman the Animated Series but with more red and orange. It really conveys the bleakness of the universe.

oh and of course

Rhaka fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 15, 2018

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Darth Walrus posted:

Anyone applied different lighting to it, like with Himself’s eye?

yeah I noodled around with it. it's just black, no moral

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Slopperly loosebrains" is a pretty good Cio-ism, but "Perilous slattern" is still the reigning champ

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

I'm still looking forward to that Cio Insult Generator that was promised waaaaaaaay back.

Edit: VVVVV :allears: Oh man that's great

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 16, 2018

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Hremsfeld posted:

I'm still looking forward to that Cio Insult Generator that was promised waaaaaaaay back.

It's been around for a while, under "Absurdisms".

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Update:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-11-147/

Went missin', indeed.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cat Master lives!

People are really loving hard to kill in the k6bdverse

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah considering charon's arm that was blown off at the elbow has already regrown itself devils are fuckin hardcore

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tetracube posted:

Cat Master lives!

People are really loving hard to kill in the k6bdverse

Transferable extra lives? :v:

Charon isn’t too surprising, though - a heavily-armoured Green should be tough to kill.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Hell yeah Charon!

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
Hell yeah, Master Cat reunited with Cat Master!

And now Charon can repair his cape- or just put glue all over himself and roll around for a bit.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so of the three dead devils out of this fiasco, one was torn apart and the other two headshot w magic bullets (rip nxor, head hitbox too big)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

so of the three dead devils out of this fiasco, one was torn apart and the other two headshot w magic bullets (rip nxor, head hitbox too big)

Four dead devils. They lost the acrobat and the engineer during the infiltration.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it speaks to their presence as a character that i forgot they existed entirely

anyway being quadrisected by massive swinging blades is also p massive trauma

original point being it looks like it takes a lot of effort to take out a demon if you dont shatter the mask

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
just :laffo: at felecia getting to haul off all their now worthless money

some luck

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Cat survived, that's all that matters.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If she spent it fast enough it could have still been worth something.

Anyway, good to see that Cat Master and Charon are still alive; they were visibly less hosed up by Oscar than the others, Cat Master barely looking hurt in particular, so it definitely seemed to me like they were meant to possibly still be alive; it'd have been a shame if they were actually dead after that.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
felicia got herself a head start on cornering the big sack market.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so hold on felicia robbed two devils, an angel and a weird kung-fu engineer single-handed

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

V. Illych L. posted:

so hold on felicia robbed two devils, an angel and a weird kung-fu engineer single-handed

She is a one armed bandit.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i feel like if you come back from getting eaten by a skulldoor to shoot a devil off a flying boat, you should just get to take what you like

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

gently caress

ElMaligno posted:

She is a one armed bandit.

gently caress

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm kinda sad Felicia isn't going to be a recurring character but I'm so happy about Cat Master :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Demiurge4 posted:

I'm kinda sad Felicia isn't going to be a recurring character but I'm so happy about Cat Master :allears:

You say that

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

good news all round!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im figuring felicia didnt want to let the rest of them off the hook but also didnt feel like actually trying to kill the others/killing anybody else, so she took a moral victory

i hope shell be along w the pursuers soon, once she realizes she coulda had an actual prize

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gnome de plume posted:

Cat survived, that's all that matters.

Both of them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Roland Jones posted:

If she spent it fast enough it could have still been worth something.

Anyway, good to see that Cat Master and Charon are still alive; they were visibly less hosed up by Oscar than the others, Cat Master barely looking hurt in particular, so it definitely seemed to me like they were meant to possibly still be alive; it'd have been a shame if they were actually dead after that.

Charon, Cat Master, and Cat Master's employer are still alive.

And no, I don't mean Oscar.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Joke's on Felicia, her stash is literally worthless now due to sudden infinite inflation.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Not if she's the first person to spend it

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the demons and felicia both know there's better value in gold you pay a price for

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
We don't know exactly what's in these sacks. Maybe those are special gold pieces which are so rare that there were only a couple of sacks in the whole vault.
It stands to reason that if you break into a heavily fortified vault with incomprehensible riches, you'd only take the stuff which is worth the most.

Then again, this is probably not just a situation, where the money will be worth less, but a total market collapse. Massive layoffs, starving children and all that fun stuff. But I guess that world wasn't that great in the first place.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She didn't take coins, she actually stole Mammon's collection of POG caps. Since coins are now hopelessly debased, POG caps will become the new money, and Felicia will be the richest person in all creation.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
At the very least, Felecia got a fancy new rifle to shoot double crossing devils with

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ages posted:

At the very least, Felecia got a fancy new rifle to shoot double crossing devils with

if there are any of those fancy bullets left, she may have gotten away with a lot more money's worth than any of those bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

cant cook creole bream posted:

We don't know exactly what's in these sacks. Maybe those are special gold pieces which are so rare that there were only a couple of sacks in the whole vault.
It stands to reason that if you break into a heavily fortified vault with incomprehensible riches, you'd only take the stuff which is worth the most.

This was kind of my take on what Felicia must be dragging behind her. Hauling a bunch of sacks of gold coins past house-sized piles of gold coins doesn't make a lot of sense, so she's probably got a load of rare poo poo like black glass and true silver that would be worth way more than your standard Guilder at this point.

I'm also really liking Charon's face in the last panel. Instead of looking disappointed or betrayed he is positively ecstatic at the sheer amount of golden wealth that surrounds him. On top of that, he has an army of undead to collect it all, which means the next time he pops up he's probably going to be the richest and fanciest devil in Throne.