Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SelenicMartian posted:

It's impressive how the golf and the story are easily the worst parts of Golf Story.
The golf is kinda janky but the story is great you idiot bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Made a quick thread for the Nintendo Switch minecraft goon realm:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863868

The realm is going to start off with a pre-built city, so we've got an awesome place to settle into from the start.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the Digimon Survive website is up.

Right now there's not much, except for some screen shots

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I tried Fortnite for the first time since the PS4 beta and it's still the most hideous thing ever put to game. The art style is a loving abomination and should be banished back to hell where it came from.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

the Digimon Survive website is up.

Right now there's not much, except for some screen shots

A digimon SRPG? That thing is going to be an insane grindfest

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

I tried Fortnite for the first time since the PS4 beta and it's still the most hideous thing ever put to game. The art style is a loving abomination and should be banished back to hell where it came from.
It's fine, actually.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's revolting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

it exists

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

It's revolting.
Turn your TV on.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

compared to pubg it's beautiful

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Looper posted:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah I like fortnite's art style in battle royale, reminds me of battlefield heroes. (I'm probably one of ten people who remembers that fondly, but that's another matter)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looper posted:

I'll take PUBG's crappo graphics and performance over Fortnite's wacky toon town dance party aesthetic any day of the week.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Silver Falcon posted:

Surely you can have both? I can't imagine they would take out the DLC already in base Generations.

Ah, poo poo! Good call! I had misremembered that the Animal Crossing DLC was in MH4U, but I'm pretty sure you're right.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

veni veni veni posted:

I'll take PUBG's crappo graphics and performance over Fortnite's wacky toon town dance party aesthetic any day of the week.

Hot Take: they both suck.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Getting a switch soon and I’ve been reading some articles that have had me slightly worried about the cables and charging situation. I have an anker power bank, and this wall charger I bought with the intention of not having to carry a million separate plugs and adapters when I travel. I intend to charge my switch using the power bank via the same usb a to c cable that came with my S8, will this cause any problems? I read some stuff about how usb a to c cables need to have 56k resistance or something similar I didn’t understand to not pose a risk to the switch. Also, are there any obvious problems with charging the switch through the wall charger I linked up there? It’s not officially rated or whatever but it seems like a sturdy bit of kit and the manufacturers say it’s compatible with the switch. I know from reading that the main issues come from third party docks and not chargers, I just wanted someone to allay my fears

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Manky posted:

Yeah I like fortnite's art style in battle royale, reminds me of battlefield heroes. (I'm probably one of ten people who remembers that fondly, but that's another matter)

Yeah one of the main reasons I keep trying to get into Fortnite is the art style. It’s really, really good.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

Getting a switch soon and I’ve been reading some articles that have had me slightly worried about the cables and charging situation. I have an anker power bank, and this wall charger I bought with the intention of not having to carry a million separate plugs and adapters when I travel. I intend to charge my switch using the power bank via the same usb a to c cable that came with my S8, will this cause any problems? I read some stuff about how usb a to c cables need to have 56k resistance or something similar I didn’t understand to not pose a risk to the switch. Also, are there any obvious problems with charging the switch through the wall charger I linked up there? It’s not officially rated or whatever but it seems like a sturdy bit of kit and the manufacturers say it’s compatible with the switch. I know from reading that the main issues come from third party docks and not chargers, I just wanted someone to allay my fears

I use an anker power bank to charge the switch sometimes and it works fine.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I would not use any Samsung accessories with a Switch, Samsung doesn't follow usb spec. Use USB-IF certified cables and known good manufacturers like Anker for chargers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Hot Take: they both suck.

They are both really bad games. I'd be lying if I said I didn't play PUBG quite a bit though.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Golf Story is great. My favorite part is the overworld music. I was always sad to reach my destination.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

The main issue is the Switch, nor any of its accessories, are compliant with the USB-C standards. The main side effect we've been hearing about is partial/total bricks by using third-party docks. The included charger also does some worrying things when plugged into compliant devices.

I've charged my Switch with USB-C compliant chargers, and it's been fine, though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Butterfly Valley posted:

I've had no problems charging my Switch via my particular Anker power bank and USB 3.0 (not USB-C) wall adapter, but YMMV. The wall adapter actually doesn't recognize my Pro controller, but charges the Switch just fine.

Wouldn't recommend using the Samsung cable, especially to charge the Switch, which can draw a lot of voltage if allowed by the power source/cable. If you're planning on buying a Pro controller, that comes with a USB-A to USB-C cable that works good.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Roll Fizzlebeef posted:

Golf Story is great. My favorite part is the overworld music. I was always sad to reach my destination.

I can’t think of a bad track on that soundtrack.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I charged my switch via a usb port using a power bank and whatever amp comes out of the seat in front's usb on a plane

It wasn't getting enough charge to stop it draining, but it gave me 5 hours of skyrim which was pretty neat

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

This is definitely a very cool and worthwhile hill to die on.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah one of the main reasons I keep trying to get into Fortnite is the art style. It’s really, really good.

Have you tried out the builder pro controls yet? They're really advantageous once you start getting a hang of them. And fwiw I think the battle pass is really worthwhile for the structure it gives to playing as well as the cosmetics it spits out. Taking time to do the weekly challenges, in particular the location-based eliminations, has been slowly making me less bad.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The last few levels of Corporal Tedd sure dont gently caress around

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Speaking of Tedd, does beating the time attack on the stages also award the stamps? I want all the stamps.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is definitely a very cool and worthwhile hill to die on.

I see we have set the bar very very low for what "hill to die on" means.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Manky posted:

Have you tried out the builder pro controls yet? They're really advantageous once you start getting a hang of them. And fwiw I think the battle pass is really worthwhile for the structure it gives to playing as well as the cosmetics it spits out. Taking time to do the weekly challenges, in particular the location-based eliminations, has been slowly making me less bad.

I did actually, only recently. I might grab the battle pass sometime if I play a little more and enjoy it. I just wrestle with the question of if I actually like the BR gameplay or not. I haven’t figured that out yet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Alan_Shore posted:

Is the Sonic Mania DLC worth it? I have zero interest in the new characters

Yes, the new encore mode is a new set of levels, not just new characters.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yes, the new encore mode is a new set of levels, not just new characters.

It’s not a new set of levels. It’s one new level along with remixed versions of the current ones. I still think it’s worth it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
where's Space Giraffe when you need it

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

enojy posted:

Ah, poo poo! Good call! I had misremembered that the Animal Crossing DLC was in MH4U, but I'm pretty sure you're right.

Aww yeah, son. :hfive: I'm not even joking, the Isabelle cat armor was the reason I decided to try Monster Hunter in the first place. I saw a preview video of the DLC ages ago (back before 4U, even) that showed the Isabelle cat and I was all like "Wait I can hunt giant monsters with ISABELLE?! :aaa: I MUST KNOW MORE!" I was slightly miffed that said armor isn't available until high rank and you have to grind a bit for it, but it was worth it. I found a nice goon group who helped get me to high rank and get me my motherfucking Isabelle cat buddy.

I have a healer cat named Isabelle rocking that armor and she is my best friend.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
What's the next game we are all looking forward to?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Over There posted:

Monster Hunter. Or, if you don't like Monster Hunter, SNK Heroines.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Over There posted:

I’ve got Dark Souls, Mega Man X Legacy Collection, Mega Man 11, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Pokemon and of course Smash all preordered.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Over There posted:

Smash Ultimate is the only Switch thing I'm buying for the foreseeable future and I'm pretty excited for it. December's very far away...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Over There posted:

I'm looking forward to valkyria chronicles Not Russia

• Locked thread