Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ash Crimson posted:

What are you trying to say?

Boogie is an internet personality and thus worthy of discussion

It makes them sad so they don’t want to engage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
"Boogie bad"

"Who's Boogie?"

"I don't know but Boogie bad"

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Boogie incredibly terrible and awful. Brace for impact, new KimJus Meltdown incoming.

The hell are you bringing me up for? Get lost.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

the internet has so, so many shitheads. why is an individual shithead worthy of discussion if none of us care about their actual content?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ash Crimson posted:

The conclusion does not follow from the premise.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes. He has a lot of influence

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

when you've extremely learned from the last time you conflated two opposite sides as equally to blame for bad things

https://twitter.com/FlyingOverTr0ut/status/1020752096147263488

lol shitholes like reddit/KIA are celebrating gunns sacking saying its justice for insulting trump so the Gamer gate remnant is happy with that apparently, but clearly they are the true victims. also gently caress this moronic chudish dipshit for his what about ism bullshit.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ash Crimson posted:

I really feel like "Known idiot says idiot things on twitter" is not really worthy of discussion, at least for what this thread is normally about. (Mostly Youtube critics and things surrounding the critic scene, with a few offshoots.) Even as the stupid derails we get as filler when nothing else is happening, it's boring and annoying because it offers as much new material as the Spoony derails of old.

Seems better suited for "the internet culture warriors who always self-own" or "idiots on social media," where people are on board to just make fun of idiots saying idiot things.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dmboogie posted:

the internet has so, so many shitheads. why is an individual shithead worthy of discussion if none of us care about their actual content?

IIRC, isn’t he a pretty big name with a pretty big subscriber-count? I imagine that puts him in a similar category to PewDiePie and Logan Paul, who are worthy of discussion even if they’re not doing content we like.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Puppy Time posted:

I really feel like "Known idiot says idiot things on twitter" is not really worthy of discussion, at least for what this thread is normally about. (Mostly Youtube critics and things surrounding the critic scene, with a few offshoots.) Even as the stupid derails we get as filler when nothing else is happening, it's boring and annoying because it offers as much new material as the Spoony derails of old.

Seems better suited for "the internet culture warriors who always self-own" or "idiots on social media," where people are on board to just make fun of idiots saying idiot things.

This isn't a derail, it's a discussion of Boogie's continued inability to learn from his mistakes, which if were to happen to any other "internet personality" would be fair game

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

He used to/still makes content that this thread will cover, so I get why people bring him up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ash Crimson posted:

This isn't a derail, it's a discussion of Boogie's continued inability to learn from his mistakes, which if were to happen to any other "internet personality" would be fair game

is he just dumb as gently caress? i have always put him more in the dumbass chud enabler leaning farther and farther into chud territory then out and out chud. i mean, he basically is one, but he is dumb/centrist enough to not believe it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Waiting with bated breath for boogie to pull out another "B-B-BUH I WENT TO A PEACEFUL MEETUP ONCE!" anecdote to illustrate that he's actually totally on the victims side, but they need to stop making waves or else they're as bad as neo-nazis.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

is he just dumb as gently caress? i have always put him more in the dumbass chud enabler leaning farther and farther into chud territory then out and out chud. i mean, he basically is one, but he is dumb/centrist enough to not believe it.

Dude defended Jontron, he's just letting the mask drop even more

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

dmboogie posted:

pretty much this

Zedd posted:

He used to/still makes content that this thread will cover, so I get why people bring him up.

fair enough, though that doesn't stop it from being tedious as hell cause it's always the same fuckup, every time, with no variation

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1020344331499012096?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ash Crimson posted:

Dude defended Jontron, he's just letting the mask drop even more

the jontron poo poo still makes me sad. sucks that he ended up being a giant chud.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Dapper_Swindler posted:

All centrists eventually become fascists.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the jontron poo poo still makes me sad. sucks that he ended up being a giant chud.

yea it's genuinely kinda wrecked the older game grumps stuff for me. Like, just kinda normal shittery I can divorce art from artists better but the guy's full on 'you can't let immigrants in they'll ruin the gene pool!!!!'

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea it's genuinely kinda wrecked the older game grumps stuff for me. Like, just kinda normal shittery I can divorce art from artists better but the guy's full on 'you can't let immigrants in they'll ruin the gene pool!!!!'

this. if he had ended up being conservative leaning, fine whatever. instead he goes full race theory bullshit. yeah gently caress that poo poo. thankfully his career is pretty dead now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

rudecyrus posted:

All centrists eventually become fascists.

The centrist is just the larval stage of the fascist worm.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kim Justice posted:

The hell are you bringing me up for? Get lost.

Because last time Boogie got brought up you had a meltdown hth

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be honest their is nothing worse than the people who derail the thread every time he comes up.

If you don’t like it quit being whiny and just dont engage.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. if he had ended up being conservative leaning, fine whatever. instead he goes full race theory bullshit. yeah gently caress that poo poo. thankfully his career is pretty dead now.

Yeah I imagine that deal he did with Disney for Starcade won't happen again.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Disney turned starcade into a $500-a-plate rental dinner space for special events by capitalist vampires.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

What about Bash At The Beach or Halloween Havoc?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
What's amusing about this whole debacle is that people aren't as upset about Gunn getting canned as they are that Cernovich was the one that pulled the trigger.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1020416793981210624
https://twitter.com/loudmouthjulia/status/1020391011045068800

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Max Wilco posted:

What's amusing about this whole debacle is that people aren't as upset about Gunn getting canned as they are that Cernovich was the one that pulled the trigger.

It’s not amusing. Weird Mike is dangerous and unstable, and any legitimation or normalization he or other nazis get is bad for everyone. He argued that Gunn was part of pizzagate for gently caress’s sake. And he invented pizzagate and was responsible for the stories that sent a mass shooter to Comet Pizza. It’s all extremely bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Max Wilco posted:

right because Mike is a (like 90% odds) literal rapist who sells brain juice to nazis and thinks pizzagate is real and minorities need to learn their place and he doesn't actually care he just wants a jab at Marvel because he's already on the "MARVEL ARE SJWS BOYCOTT THEM" train.

Like, the FIRST time these tweets came up it was an actual case of 'uh hey what the gently caress' and Gunn apologized and it's on you if you believe it or not that's your right. This is a fuckin chop and screw remix of that drama done just to punish the evil SJWs, so yea a lot of people are going 'yea those tweets still suck but gently caress Disney letting a straight up nazi play them'.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Cernovich is a terrorist and should be in prison just as surely as Terry Nichols, because they committed exactly the same crime.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terrible Opinions posted:

Cernovich is a terrorist and should be in prison just as surely as Terry Nichols, because they committed exactly the same crime.

unfair, Nichols left his house to conspire with Timothy, Mike just posts from his ex wife's family's basement.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we need a special crime that's like 'conspiracy but you're a fuckin huge loser who tries to get everyone else to do the heavy lifting'.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sexpig by night posted:

we need a special crime that's like 'conspiracy but you're a fuckin huge loser who tries to get everyone else to do the heavy lifting'.

Presidency?

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

BobbyK posted:

Because last time Boogie got brought up you had a meltdown hth

So obv the best thing to do is try and bait me into giving responses when I'm not even in the thread

Not happening. And apparently I'm the toxic one

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

unfair, Nichols left his house to conspire with Timothy, Mike just posts from his ex wife's family's basement.

He posts from his current wife's basement. He collects alimony off his ex-wife because he's a useless sponge :eng101:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Double Toasted actually did a good video response on this whole debacle.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

ApeHawk posted:

Double Toasted actually did a good video response on this whole debacle.

Whoa surprise Brad Jones, I'm loving it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh so that's what Corey's been doing since Spill.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arcsquad12 posted:

Oh so that's what Corey's been doing since Spill.

Double Toasted rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Live by the tweet, die by the tweet.