Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

khwarezm posted:

It was hilarious in the last elusive target seeing the hotel's head chef switch from prissy English snob cook to grouchy southeast Asian cook at the drop of a hat.

Please, French.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
So this appears to be the first Colorado ET in over a year and they made it challenging instead of just 'throw duck, run'. The temptation to just look up a guide is strong because its the only suit I'm missing :negative:

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I actually found him pretty easy once I figured out where he was chilling and what counted as an accident.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
At least it's finally an ET that doesn't require you to use AI exploits to get rid of everybody around him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah that one went pretty smoothly, I dropped him with a lethal syringe in the hacker's room and they hadn't even spotted the body by the time I exited the map.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I went for his water bottle because I always have terrible luck with syringes, and the only real frustration was waiting for all the nearby patrols to sync up. Then I realized on the way to the exit that I could've dropped the breaching charges I was carrying to distract people. Oops. Live and learn.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I pushed him over the railing after knocking out the hackers (and nearly everyone else upstairs because they kept responding to the coins instead) and dragged them into the bathroom.

Avoided the cameras on the house on my way out only to be spotted by the one at the gate. :negative:

So... Back inside the house, distract the guy by the recorder and destroy the evidence, try to leave again and nearly get spotted by one of the enforcers outside and FINALLY make it out.

SA and a new costume :toot:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I coined one hacker and hid him in the bathroom. Just waited for the right window to hack the laptop. Then when the guard went downstairs I just pushed the target over the railing. Went downstairs and shot the camera system and walked out fairly easily.

All costumes now unlocked on my 2nd account! Only thing left is to play out the rest of the ETs I initially missed and get all those Completed checkmarks.

Sadly I'll never have perfect SAs on all of them :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

qbert posted:

Sadly I'll never have perfect SAs on all of them :(

That bookkeeper in Colorado will haunt me forever, it's the only one (that I've tried) that I outright failed :saddowns:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Does the Sniper Assassin game require the Season 1 stuff be installed first? I really wanna free up hard drive space and Season 1 takes up a ton. If Sniper Assassin and Hitman 2 don't require the other stuff first I'd rather just delete that for now and reinstall later if I want to replay those maps.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Does the Sniper Assassin game require the Season 1 stuff be installed first? I really wanna free up hard drive space and Season 1 takes up a ton. If Sniper Assassin and Hitman 2 don't require the other stuff first I'd rather just delete that for now and reinstall later if I want to replay those maps.

They are separate installations. Uninstall as needed.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Apparently a PDF detailing just about everything in Hitman 2 was leaked, although the original post has been taken down and I can't find a mirror.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

repiv posted:

Apparently a PDF detailing just about everything in Hitman 2 was leaked, although the original post has been taken down and I can't find a mirror.

yeah not gona read that lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If I don't read it, I can keep pretending my Sheep idea will be in there!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Not everything. It revealed the names of the targets for the first three locations, Miami, Mumbai, and Bogota pictures of a bunch of disguises and items from them, and some concept art for the levels. It basically had jack poo poo for the last three. New Zealand is referred to as “New Zealand City,” (!?!?) the North Atlantic location from the previous leak is named “The Ark,” and the North America location is “Suburbia.”

One of the melee pickups in Bogota is a brick of cocaine. :v:

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 6, 2018

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I can't wait for A New Life 2: New Lifier.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Pirate Jet posted:

One of the melee pickups in Bogota is a brick of cocaine. :v:
That can also be acquired in Miami. There's a guy you can knock out who turns out to be a drug dealer, and he drops a cocaine brick. Seems to be the same as a regular brick, and in the E3 demo at least it wasn't considered illegal as the guy wandered around with it in hand despite a bunch of cops seeing him.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
To be fair walking around with a brick of cocaine probably would work for a while, not a lot of cops are instantly going to say "hey that guy in the crowd is carrying around a brick of cocaine!"

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I would love it if the North Atlantic "Ark" was some kind of SeaOrg Scientology setting.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

HMS Beagle posted:

I would love it if the North Atlantic "Ark" was some kind of SeaOrg Scientology setting.

This actually seems pretty likely given the vague Scientology-esque group that kept getting mentioned in Hitman 2016.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Once I am done with the main campaign missions, what order should I tackle the additional campaigns and missions? I know that for most of them (Savejero Six? Ugh, I butchered that name) are basically the base missions with a different target.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 7, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This actually seems pretty likely given the vague Scientology-esque group that kept getting mentioned in Hitman 2016.

Finally! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSYPbtkGs0

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Good news: The hitman sniper game was updated and it doesn't run like garbage anymore

Bad news: I attempted the elusive target and almost had silent assassin but then the guy turned around and I ended up killing him in a non accident way and I failed. I really hate elusive targets. A bunch of unique content that you don't even get to enjoy playing.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’ll never understand time limited in content in games that don’t monetarily benefit from making you play said content.

I hate that a freemium game might do something like that to urge you to pop in and be much more likely to spend money, but I understand it. In Hitman, why do I need to show up and play some week on a mission I should be well practiced and familiar to get the rewards? I’m not going to spend anything additional, and it’s just effort on the part of developers that’s wasted potential. Let me experience it all the time in multiple ways!

It feels like a sort of cargo cult of a feature that doesn’t belong in Hitman. The added challenge does offer a cool feel and while I appreciate that in principle, I think it ends up just being limiting.

All that said though, it’s a very minor complaint. 2016 is a game that I can find very, very few legit complaints about. I’m crazy excited for Hitman 2 and I think it’s set up to be the best in the series if they execute well.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I’ll never understand time limited in content in games that don’t monetarily benefit from making you play said content.

I hate that a freemium game might do something like that to urge you to pop in and be much more likely to spend money, but I understand it. In Hitman, why do I need to show up and play some week on a mission I should be well practiced and familiar to get the rewards? I’m not going to spend anything additional, and it’s just effort on the part of developers that’s wasted potential. Let me experience it all the time in multiple ways!

It feels like a sort of cargo cult of a feature that doesn’t belong in Hitman. The added challenge does offer a cool feel and while I appreciate that in principle, I think it ends up just being limiting.

All that said though, it’s a very minor complaint. 2016 is a game that I can find very, very few legit complaints about. I’m crazy excited for Hitman 2 and I think it’s set up to be the best in the series if they execute well.

It gets press, creates a regular point of discussion on twitter, reddit and forums beyond the end of the game.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Maybe a good compromise would be to have one shot at elusive target suits/cheevos/bragging rights while still allowing you to replay the mission.

I love the tension of having one, limited chance but it does seem like throwing away good content.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Once I am done with the main campaign missions, what order should I tackle the additional campaigns and missions? I know that for most of them (Savejero Six? Ugh, I butchered that name) are basically the base missions with a different target.

Sarajevo Six are PS4-exclusive content and, like most console exclusive DLC, don’t have a ton of effort put into them. They’re fun, because Hitman 2016 is just a fun game, but they’re always in one general location with no opportunities so the rest of the map doesn’t matter. The Sapienza guy stays in the laboratory, and I killed him first try in less than a minute by spawning as a scientist, coining him to an acid vat, and then knocking him out, dumping him in, and taking the seaplane.

So I say do Patient Zero next, and then Sarajevo Six if you really need even more content.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Elusives are a unique sense of tension in a medium that has a shocking lack of good stress. Get over yourselves and leave my elusives alone.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I honestly wouldn't care about elusive targets at all if they weren't unique content that I can't see in any other way. Make the elusive targets be a random NPC in the world that you get one shot at or whatever. But make the brand new characters and schedules and what not be side missions or something. I can get into the stress of only having one chance to pull off a hit. I don't like that I also have to enjoy the new content they created for it because I only ever get to see it once.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Yeah at least they should let you "revisit" an elusive target you've done before for no leaderboard score but just a chance to perfect your killing technique.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Cojawfee posted:

I honestly wouldn't care about elusive targets at all if they weren't unique content that I can't see in any other way. Make the elusive targets be a random NPC in the world that you get one shot at or whatever. But make the brand new characters and schedules and what not be side missions or something. I can get into the stress of only having one chance to pull off a hit. I don't like that I also have to enjoy the new content they created for it because I only ever get to see it once.

I kinda assumed everyone did ETs the same way I did; walking around incognito and following their pattern, not just to plan the hit but to hear any and all unique interactions they might have.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Does anyone know a source for synopses of these recently released Hitman comics? It sounds like the writing is absolutely dire, and what's worse, canon.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Discendo Vox posted:

Does anyone know a source for synopses of these recently released Hitman comics? It sounds like the writing is absolutely dire, and what's worse, canon.

I've read them and they're... interesting. It basically tells the story of both Diana and 47 growing up and becoming who they are at the start of the series. It's a bit dubious in terms of canon, and the art is sometimes a bit off, but it's not a bad read overall. I'd rank it as better than Absolution's storyline, at any rate.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Wolfsheim posted:

I kinda assumed everyone did ETs the same way I did; walking around incognito and following their pattern, not just to plan the hit but to hear any and all unique interactions they might have.
They are poo poo though.

Like the professional taster who stays in the exact same spot repeating the same lines for anything between 2 and 25(!!) minutes depending on a random number generator. Or elusive targets that arbitrarily introduce new rules, like the dictator that had a mobile hostile zone 5 meters around himself.

I can't honestly recall a single elusive target that I enjoyed. So far they've all been chores. Most of the time there isn't even anything clever about getting them. So far all of them are set up to be killed in one very specific way, and if you want to deviate from that or even if you don't you have to hack the gently caress out of the their bodyguard AI or even the target's AI to get them.

I get why they introduced the elusive targets, it's kind of a good idea and they did put some money and effort into them with the voice overs and so on, but they turned out lame. I only did them to get the suits.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/GoofyAssDummy/status/1016879257841217538

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If I bought all of season 1 what should I buy to get the new stuff that's come out like those virus missions? Getting back into the game but there's a lot of options.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RBA Starblade posted:

If I bought all of season 1 what should I buy to get the new stuff that's come out like those virus missions? Getting back into the game but there's a lot of options.

patient zero is a regular DLC in the steam store

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

So... you can't play the sniper multiplayer unless you have a friend? No matchmaking like in literally every other mp game?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That's correct, thus the "BETA" underneath it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hosed up the blackmailer kill like 6 times (after waiting for him to finish on the catwalk) and was only saved by quickly restarting the level. I gave up on the lethal injection and finally managed to get him to investigate the nearby flooding sink and take him out. I found this one of the more difficult ETs so far to be honest because there are just so many people around all the time coming and going.