Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I'm just here for the violence err

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Holy poo poo

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

:hawaaaafap:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

:chloe:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/EnglishRussia1/status/1020274081747349505?s=19

I bet that flash hurt his eyes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This photo immediately followed by "cyka blyat" and temporary blindness.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Greetings from Jordan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa6T70YSBtE

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That leg-on-the-open-door-extraction

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Hey, I used to shoot there. The King Abdullah Special Operations Training Center is a kickass training site. All sorts of shoot houses, ranges, and even a live fire village. The King is all about special operations, which I guess when you're military is kinda small and doesn't have any full blown state adversaries on the border isn't a horrible decision.

The lovely thing is on the other side of that quarry wall is the Jordanian Special Operations Command and their training sites. I say lovely because once a month they would do a graduation exercise of one of their spec ops units. This graduation exercise would involve MD-500 mini-gun runs (with blanks), an air assault, and a live fire spend-ex for about 3 minutes. They also would rehearse it live for a few days beforehand. Basically, don't be outside during the spend-ex since it was not uncommon for us to hear our building get hit (sounded like hail) or find relatively intact rounds on the road leading to our buildings. Of course they did all of this without informing us of the exact times.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Is it me or is his eotech mounted backwards?

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

Syrian Lannister posted:

Is it me or is his eotech mounted backwards?

Prolly not an eotech

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It is not an EOtech.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

BaconAndBullets posted:

Hey, I used to shoot there. The King Abdullah Special Operations Training Center is a kickass training site. All sorts of shoot houses, ranges, and even a live fire village. The King is all about special operations, which I guess when you're military is kinda small and doesn't have any full blown state adversaries on the border isn't a horrible decision.

The lovely thing is on the other side of that quarry wall is the Jordanian Special Operations Command and their training sites. I say lovely because once a month they would do a graduation exercise of one of their spec ops units. This graduation exercise would involve MD-500 mini-gun runs (with blanks), an air assault, and a live fire spend-ex for about 3 minutes. They also would rehearse it live for a few days beforehand. Basically, don't be outside during the spend-ex since it was not uncommon for us to hear our building get hit (sounded like hail) or find relatively intact rounds on the road leading to our buildings. Of course they did all of this without informing us of the exact times.

That’s where they filmed that episode of the Grand Tour/Top Gear, right?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

BaconAndBullets posted:

Bit of a stretch surely? Though apparently they signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1994.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Syncopated posted:

Bit of a stretch surely? Though apparently they signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1994.

IIRC Jordan is relatively friendly with Israel. They're certainly not best buddies by any means but they're not rattling their sabers at each other or launching rockets or airstrikes across the border or whatever.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Syncopated posted:

my kinda ape posted:

IIRC Jordan is relatively friendly with Israel. They're certainly not best buddies by any means but they're not rattling their sabers at each other or launching rockets or airstrikes across the border or whatever.

Pretty much, all the individuals I worked with the Jordanian military had a relatively positive view of the Israelis. They would regularly call them "cousins" and along the border it was far from antagonistic. One interesting thing was you could get an idea of someone's views on Israel based on whether they called it Israel or Palestine. Syria is not a friendly nation to Jordan but they have bigger issues these days to cause any real problems and Jordan also sits under a bit of a protective umbrella with the US and Saudi Arabia.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

my kinda ape posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44915099

quote:

Israel says it has carried out an evacuation of members of Syria's White Helmets civil defence group from a war zone in south-western Syria.

Some 422 volunteers and family members were taken to Jordan via the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights overnight.

The UK, one of the nations requesting Israel's help, hailed the operation and will assist with resettlement.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

So the USMC is developing flash-bang rounds for their 81mm mortar. Can anyone explain to me why you would want to use a mortar for flash-bangs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oaRU0ilT-8

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

golden bubble posted:

So the USMC is developing flash-bang rounds for their 81mm mortar. Can anyone explain to me why you would want to use a mortar for flash-bangs?

lamo at the tan lines at 0:57

also I have no idea.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Pranking the gently caress out of other companies.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Sell to police for riots probably lmao

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Obviously so you can tenderize the meat before you shake and bake.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/classywarfare/status/1021179604529270785

long thread which is annoying in twitter, but worth the read

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

Pranking the gently caress out of other companies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EETMbRViSa4

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

golden bubble posted:

We developed these for Israel, right?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Mental note taken: You beat Russians by waiting until they get bored and kill themselves.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I dont think the flashbangs are dumb. It wluld be great to use in an urban area to minimize collateral damage during assaults.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Remember when that guy got blown the gently caress up in an elevator? Good riddance.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

there's a Goonswarm joke to be made here

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

my kinda ape posted:

Remember when that guy got blown the gently caress up in an elevator? Good riddance.

It turns out that "Comrade Motorola" was actually "Comrade Samsung."

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

my kinda ape posted:

I don't remember this one

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

I don't remember this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsen_Pavlov#Death

Classy guy all around

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

lamo at the tan lines at 0:57

also I have no idea.

That's a next level tan, I'm impressed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I like how the only two really plausible theories for his assassination are "Killed by rival rebels" and "Killed by the Russians helping them".

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

bulletsponge13 posted:

I dont think the flashbangs are dumb. It wluld be great to use in an urban area to minimize collateral damage during assaults.

Yeah, this must be the intention.

There are a lot of ways to level a city block and kill everyone inside, but for the forseeable future we're going to continue slipping our collective dismounted dick into dense urban areas packed full of women, children, cheap handheld video recording+broadcasting devices, and on-the-fence military-aged-males, so this isn't the worst idea ever.

Might also be for very specific situations. Like in the absence of artillery/air support, but you also don't fully trust a handful of junior enlisted to drop 81mm HE in such a way that it doesn't murder your Marines.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
These will be fired into protest crowds. Only a matter of time.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

mlmp08 posted:

These will be fired into protest crowds. Only a matter of time.

If a NEO happens sure. Or if we sell it to Israel...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Bibliobabble/status/1020769297944150016?s=19