Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I thought they didn't require stardust at all?

Nope still do. It's a 50% discount. This is all second hand information though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
North USA goons (I'm poke-friends with a Montana goon, I know you exist!)- this is probably the pokestop that's furthest away from you. I just checked with a level 1 account and a spoofer, this is definitely a pokestop that carried over from ingress: https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=-49.350312,70.225425&z=16&pll=-49.351713,70.218734

edit - for those of you that dont ingress, it's around here: https://goo.gl/maps/LG5SpF3sTCH2

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 23, 2018

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Nothing all week and then two "Hatch 5 eggs" tasks on the last day of the event, one of the hottest days of the year. You absolute rear end in a top hat, game :tizzy:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

North USA goons (I'm poke-friends with a Montana goon, I know you exist!)- this is probably the pokestop that's furthest away from you. I just checked with a level 1 account and a spoofer, this is definitely a pokestop that carried over from ingress: https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=-49.350312,70.225425&z=16&pll=-49.351713,70.218734

edit - for those of you that dont ingress, it's around here: https://goo.gl/maps/LG5SpF3sTCH2

So? I just make a bunch of friends from Perth Australia (where people actually live en masse) for the mileage, not sure why anyone would need to know this?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Antipodes are cool and good that’s why!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I didn't even know that place exists, that's rad

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

So they just added a ton of bonuses for having a buncha friends, including getting XP for sending gifts and the possibility of receiving Stardust from gifts. Pretty neat. Anybody wanna be fwends?

My number thingie is: 4390 8598 6745

I just got one question: Any raid boss above 3 scary faces or whatever seems completely impossible for me to defeat on my own. Even Zapdos, which I literally dumped 50k+ Stardust into building a team specifically to beat, I didn't even get him down to half health with 6 Pokemon. What's the deal? How do you guys deal with these insanely strong raid Pokemon?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You need IRL people to fight with. Don't have those? Then you can't get those Pokemon, sucks to be you, I guess.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

So they just added a ton of bonuses for having a buncha friends, including getting XP for sending gifts and the possibility of receiving Stardust from gifts. Pretty neat. Anybody wanna be fwends?

My number thingie is: 4390 8598 6745

I just got one question: Any raid boss above 3 scary faces or whatever seems completely impossible for me to defeat on my own. Even Zapdos, which I literally dumped 50k+ Stardust into building a team specifically to beat, I didn't even get him down to half health with 6 Pokemon. What's the deal? How do you guys deal with these insanely strong raid Pokemon?

Yeah, we needed 12 people to beat some of the 5 star raids.

Your best bet is to find your city's pokemon go facebook group. Find out who is playing in your area and coordinate raids with them.

Like if I see a 5 star raid I want to do, I post it to the group and see who is interested in doing it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sykic posted:

Nothing all week and then two "Hatch 5 eggs" tasks on the last day of the event, one of the hottest days of the year. You absolute rear end in a top hat, game :tizzy:

I’m jealous because the quests can run concurrently and will end with having two more Chanseys than you did to start with.

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm from South East Asia so add me if you want gifts from faraway. There is a pokestop just outside my apartment so I should be able to get gifts for everyone, if you don't mind gifts from the same stop everyday.

I've also added my code to the link in the OP.

0813 0494 8865

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
So lucky Pokemon are a disappointment. You have to spend dust to trade, then hope to get one, hope they have good stats and then after all that it's a dust discount that may not be much more than what you spent to trade. Huzzah.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pez posted:

So lucky Pokemon are a disappointment. You have to spend dust to trade, then hope to get one, hope they have good stats and then after all that it's a dust discount that may not be much more than what you spent to trade. Huzzah.

lmfao of course

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
it’s a bonus to trading which didn’t even exist 6 weeks ago

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It costs 100 stardust to trade something if you have been friends for 7 days and are trading anything besides legendary or shiny

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm going to trade all my larvitars from the event to my wife and hers to me and hopefully save a shitload of stardust on powering up whatever comes out best . It's a cool idea to encourage trading lots of stuff and making trades that resilt in low level mons worth powering up

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I have several gifts to open but I can't open them until I hatch the eggs I have!! A curse and a blessing

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

I'm going to trade all my larvitars from the event to my wife and hers to me and hopefully save a shitload of stardust on powering up whatever comes out best . It's a cool idea to encourage trading lots of stuff and making trades that resilt in low level mons worth powering up

Go on a day trip vacation somewhere 100+ km away and do it then. Triple the candy for trading.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I have several gifts to open but I can't open them until I hatch the eggs I have!! A curse and a blessing

I'm the opposite, I have several gifts to open, but I can't open them until I visit some stops tomorrow and fill my eggs so I don't get any useless Alolan ones!! A curse and a blessing

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm still trying to get a goddamn alolan vulpix and then i'll be done hatching 7ks for a good long while.

36 7kms down with no vulpix so far...

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

what's like, all your guys' best pokemon? I have no idea how battling works in this game because I'm coming from the core series. I have a 2700 CP Metagross with two psychic attacks, that's probably good for something? Blissey seems unbeatable, and wtf Slaking is godlike

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

what's like, all your guys' best pokemon? I have no idea how battling works in this game because I'm coming from the core series. I have a 2700 CP Metagross with two psychic attacks, that's probably good for something? Blissey seems unbeatable, and wtf Slaking is godlike

Their stats and types just work very well for defending

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Don't be the rear end in a top hat who lives their blissy in the gym all the frickin time.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

systemchronos posted:

if you don't mind gifts from the same stop everyday.

man i hope thats not something people have a problem with because i pretty much only get the same 3 or 4 stops

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mustached Demon posted:

Don't be the rear end in a top hat who lives their blissy in the gym all the frickin time.

i have three 2500+cp blisseys in gyms right now :c00lbert:

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

The best attackers are the likes of
MaChamp
Tyranitar
Raikou
Entei
Rayquazza
Golem
Kyogre
Mewtwo
Groupon
Alolan Exeggutor

Best defenders to leave in gyms
Blissey
Snorlax
Chansey
Dragonite
Metagross
Salamance

As well, know and understand the typing. What's strong against what, and what is weak against what. Blissey and Snorlax are both Normal type that is weak to fighting, so try not to have back to back Normals in a gym. If fighting is weak to pyschic then have a psychic Mon in between, like Alakazam or Espeon. Little things like that make it a bit harder to take the gym down. But honestly, it doesn't matter what's in the gym, if I want to take it down, it's going down.

Oh and Slaking, while it's CP is high, it has lovely attack and is easy to take down....it's fun to put in the gym, but is relatively useless. I have one and I won't bother investing in another.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Literally hitler

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Boywunda posted:

The best attackers are the likes of
MaChamp
Tyranitar
Raikou
Entei
Rayquazza
Golem
Kyogre
Mewtwo
Groupon
Alolan Exeggutor

Best defenders to leave in gyms
Blissey
Snorlax
Chansey
Dragonite
Metagross
Salamance

As well, know and understand the typing. What's strong against what, and what is weak against what. Blissey and Snorlax are both Normal type that is weak to fighting, so try not to have back to back Normals in a gym. If fighting is weak to pyschic then have a psychic Mon in between, like Alakazam or Espeon. Little things like that make it a bit harder to take the gym down. But honestly, it doesn't matter what's in the gym, if I want to take it down, it's going down.

Oh and Slaking, while it's CP is high, it has lovely attack and is easy to take down....it's fun to put in the gym, but is relatively useless. I have one and I won't bother investing in another.

Alolan Exeggutor is good? Wtf, okay, will give him a chance. I have a Machamp but I don't even think he has one Fighting type move. TMs are so hard to come by and don't even have a guaranteed result.

How the heck do I find Larvitar or Rayquazza?

I mean, I could go and find people where I live (NYC), but on the other hand, autism

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Alolan exeggutor is good because it’s type is grass/dragon and is double resistant to water, the most common attacker in the game. regular exeggutor is grass/psychic, so good but not as tanky vs water.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Just 2500CP? Go 3000 or go home.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I gave a gold berry to a nearly dead Blissy in a gym earlier cause I enjoy watching the world burn :c00lbert:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Y'all a bunch of jerks.

Gyms are for poke coin.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Y'all a bunch of jerks.

Gyms are for poke coin.

Sometimes I feel bad putting my favourites in gyms because theyre really easy to exploit with 4x weaknesses, but Breloom and Alolan Sandslash look too awesome to not put them in. :3:

e: Cloyster is the tankiest thing I will put in a gym.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 24, 2018

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'll probably stop being a tryhard defender when I have enough storage upgrades that I don't go like 100 items over my limit every time I level up, but for now I need those coins and that means all those other poor bastards have to deal with Blissey.

edit: Out of curiosity, is there even a maximum bag size?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Furnaceface posted:

Sometimes I feel bad putting my favourites in gyms because theyre really easy to exploit with 4x weaknesses, but Breloom and Alolan Sandslash look too awesome to not put them in. :3:

I put Slowking and Politoed and Walrein in gyms because they look so ridiculous

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

edit: Out of curiosity, is there even a maximum bag size?

its 2000 iirc

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

Y'all a bunch of jerks.

Gyms are for poke coin.

And my 3k+ Blissey has brought me many.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Furnaceface posted:

This. I used to put proper defenders in, now I just put cool poo poo or stuff I think other players might not have seen

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

So what's the deal with trades or lucky Pokemon? You can get candy more easily for certain Pokemon doing it? 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015
Oh wow, I already got 30 friend requests since I posted my code here, will do my best to send gifts to you all.
Also you can only open max 20 gifts per day, but no limit for sending gifts, right ?

Kly posted:

man i hope thats not something people have a problem with because i pretty much only get the same 3 or 4 stops

Well, from what I've read in the thread, people seems to enjoy getting card from unique place, but I don't think most people care about that.

• Locked thread