Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I dare say ye be finding no help putting me on the chop, if I may.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Aye, lad. Methinks Soda a more apt lad to see the rope.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

I'm actually on board with a Soda vote too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
A smart lad mayhap he prove to be.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But unlikely.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

##vote Soda

Awkward posts.

im always awkward, are you looking for an easy target?

why didnt you vote in sals trial?

merk posted:

still a lass ye filthy bilge rats

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm pretty okay with Merk, Hal, or Chaos just based on the vote but again it really could just be afk/not understanding precisely how the trial system worked round 1. If someone has any strong suspicions of anyone based on the vote that put Sal up in first place I'd agree with that too.

im also suss of chaos for these posts, they feel like space filler with no real reads

chaoslord posted:

How dare you sleep

then

chaoslord posted:

Save it for the defense phase

##vote sal

Okay now you can defend yourself

before saying he'd vote innocent, which he didn't.

chaos, why didnt you vote straight away when you made this post? it was after the majority on sal had been reached

chaoslord posted:

This is every game of mafia. Folks have to claim sometime. Also the witch was the bus driver, so there’s that. I don’t remember the rest of the roles too well but I assume there may be a doc around and iirc there is no guarantee of a RB anyway.

You kinda are.

Really? I like Sal a heck of a lot, but he does the “woe is me” thing any time his back is against the wall.

I believe Sal and will be putting in my vote for innocent.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Well b- is confirmed at least to not be mafia and everyone targeted him n1 because he's acknowledged to be a decent player so if he trusts merk then I'm willing to see how it plays out. I'd rather vote someone than no one and if we get a trial after morning votes we'll still have a reasonable shot at a potential 3rd suspect so ima

##vote: Atomic Soda

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm going to see what this does ##vote chaos

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Well b- is confirmed at least to not be mafia and everyone targeted him n1 because he's acknowledged to be a decent player so if he trusts merk then I'm willing to see how it plays out. I'd rather vote someone than no one and if we get a trial after morning votes we'll still have a reasonable shot at a potential 3rd suspect so ima

Mafia killing one of their own n1 is a thing that can happen. It’s very rare and usually a bad idea, but I just saw it happen in a game last month.

I like the idea of a chaos trial. ##vote chaos

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote Chaos

I'm down to see what happens. I think it's very suss that you didn't vote right away. The 3 people who abstained from voting are all high on my list.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote chaos

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote chaos

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

why didnt you vote in sals trial?

Because it obviously didn’t matter.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yes, no matter. No worries. NO FEAR

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Humalong posted:

Mafia killing one of their own n1 is a thing that can happen. It’s very rare and usually a bad idea, but I just saw it happen in a game last month.

I like the idea of a chaos trial. ##vote chaos

I don’t even think it’s possible in the pc version of the game lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

chaos, why didnt you vote straight away when you made this post? it was after the majority on sal had been reached

I mean, I put Sal at majority so I was aware of that. It was a combination of being at work on a chicken plant floor and laziness really. I knew when I put the vote in so I knew I had a while still. I even left basketball yesterday early to come home and put my vote in. Not my fault Mord killed it an hour early.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Soda, what was the difference between myself and Hal, in your eyes?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

chaoslord posted:

I even left basketball yesterday early to come home and put my vote in.
Do you.... not have a smartphone? This is suspicious as hell of a thing to say when you can literally shitpost on SA while making GBS threads.

##vote clord

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

ArbitraryC posted:

Well b- is confirmed at least to not be mafia and everyone targeted him n1 because he's acknowledged to be a decent player

##vote arbC lynch all liars

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

ArbitraryC posted:

##unvote
But for real, I'm not saying that I trust merk. I don't have a strong read either way, but think we should ignore him for now.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

Do you.... not have a smartphone? This is suspicious as hell of a thing to say when you can literally shitpost on SA while making GBS threads.

##vote clord

I mean

chaoslord posted:

being at work on a chicken plant floor

I pretty clearly do, unless you think I'm going to have my personal laptop out on a plant floor, which, lol. But my battery died.

----------------------------------

This is a bad vote by PMush looking to hop on a bandwagon. Like what if I came back and said "Actually, yeah, right now I am using a non-smart phone"? And it still doesn't change that voting closed early.

##vote PMush

No one will believe this is a Real Opinion while I'm on the block for being a non-voter, but I think "the non-voters are suspicious" is off base. I don't think Scum would have skipped an opportunity to go under the radar. I think big changes of heart w/r/t Sal are more suspicious, but it's all WIFOM so who knows. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, lets get these votes in so I can claim and we can get on to Trial 3. I got test cuttings this afternoon for Olive Garden and McDonald's is going to be taking my time basically all day tomorrow so since I'm on the block we need to get the show on the road.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think we need to rush to put chaos on the block, and I'm not really getting the case on him. We still have all day tomorrow as well so as long as we start trial 2 today then we'll have the time we need tomorrow, since a trial can extend past the deadline.

I'd feel much better about Hal (hello Hal how are you? You have fewer posts than I do which is quite a feat for games that I'm in), AA, or PMush at this point.

Also ##unvote to get my previous vote off of Sal.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I'm just gonna put this out there please don't freak out

It's perfectly normal to no-lynch on d2 in town of salem. It happens all the time

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

b-minus1 posted:

I'm just gonna put this out there please don't freak out

It's perfectly normal to no-lynch on d2 in town of salem. It happens all the time

Yeah this is absolutely true, but I'd still rather us the trials. I'm p okay with voting for chaoslord or the other abstains but tbh I do believe his excuse. Since he did know he had pm mord to vote inno I assume he also knew that the votes would be revealed afterwards so there's really no reason for him not to have other than time running out. It's not like you can actually lie in thread about your vote and not just get immediately exposed.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Exactly which is why I'm way more suss on Hal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

Exactly which is why I'm way more suss on Hal

Hal is a null read for me, personally. He has a tendency to disappear for days regardless of alignment

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
There's no SK in this game.

There is a werewolf. No 3rd kill last night.

Still catching up but I wanted to mention this because it has pinged me how much Hum has floated the possibility of B- being an SK.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Still catching up but I wanted to mention this because it has pinged me how much Hum has floated the possibility of B- being an SK.

Why not an arsonist?

Agree that there's no sk, although I guess technically there could be one and they hit the doc's target as well (seems very unlikely though)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I kinda assumed he was using sk as a catchall for the 3p killing role but maybe not. With no n1 killer you'd lean arsonist or werewolf. Though there is still the chance it was actually an sk that in someway had their nightkill stuffed. They coulda been jailed, attacked a target that was jailed, rb'ed, or there could still be a doc in the random town roles, so it's not impossible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ArbitraryC posted:

I kinda assumed he was using sk as a catchall for the 3p killing role but maybe not. With no n1 killer you'd lean arsonist or werewolf. Though there is still the chance it was actually an sk that in someway had their nightkill stuffed. They coulda been jailed, attacked a target that was jailed, rb'ed, or there could still be a doc in the random town roles, so it's not impossible.

I completely forgot about jailer lol.

But if the jailer jailed an sk and didn't execute them I believe they would have been killed, right?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t think Jailers can execute n1.
I was jailer in the first tos game and I couldn’t execute until n2

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

I completely forgot about jailer lol.

But if the jailer jailed an sk and didn't execute them I believe they would have been killed, right?

oh yeah you're right, also if sk got rb'd they woulda killed the rb'er too.

So the only two actual possibilities for an sk being in the game is if sk attacked a jailed target or if a town doc saved the target.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t think Jailers can execute n1.
I was jailer in the first tos game and I couldn’t execute until n2

That's true but an sk would still kill them if jailed I believe.

But I still don't believe that the 3pk is an sk. I know saying "well it's just too unlikely!" is odd after what happened n1 but I just don't think it's likely.

Also we should be focusing on trying to find scum anyways.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well, if there is an SK, it's not B- that much is guaranteed.

If there's not an SK, B- could be a werewolf, but eh not really concerned about it.

If there was an arsonist, someone would say, I've been doused right?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ohhh they don't get notified. Interesting.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That seems broken. I thought players knew... eh. I have the worst feels about hum, I think they've called a lot of play weird and have been snarky about things but not actually useful.

Points out obvious like its lost on others. Casing through player feedback instead of actual cases

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chaoslord posted:

I mean

I pretty clearly do, unless you think I'm going to have my personal laptop out on a plant floor, which, lol. But my battery died.

----------------------------------

This is a bad vote by PMush looking to hop on a bandwagon. Like what if I came back and said "Actually, yeah, right now I am using a non-smart phone"? And it still doesn't change that voting closed early.

##vote PMush

No one will believe this is a Real Opinion while I'm on the block for being a non-voter, but I think "the non-voters are suspicious" is off base. I don't think Scum would have skipped an opportunity to go under the radar. I think big changes of heart w/r/t Sal are more suspicious, but it's all WIFOM so who knows. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, lets get these votes in so I can claim and we can get on to Trial 3. I got test cuttings this afternoon for Olive Garden and McDonald's is going to be taking my time basically all day tomorrow so since I'm on the block we need to get the show on the road.
That is a lot of words that doesn't actually explain why you didn't just take five minutes while playing basketball to PM the mod and drink some Gatorade.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Unless you're saying you actually don't have a smartphone? Which seems pretty unlikely considering that we're friends and I know you're a Busy Professional. (Unless you secretly actually work for the government and aren't allowed to have a camera phone for security reasons or something? :shrug:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Does anyone else not see mush's point on Clord?

• Locked thread