Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

“Another Indiana Jones....”

Harrison is the #1 biggest pusher behind that franchise. He’d play the character in diapers and a wheelchair if he could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Got the Marvel Legends Captain America/Crossbones two pack. It’s real great.... except Cap can’t hold his shield. Whoops!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Someone pointed out that Hot Toys actually modeled the cheap prosthetic they used on the spikes instead of them just being a bit flush.

Sideshow SS:

Hot Toys SS:

E: Also some collectors are mad because Hot Toys didn't emulator the makeup coming off Ray Parks eyes.

I find it very weird that, despite going to the trouble of accurately modeling the weird prosthetics, they carved grooves in his face to mark where his makeup is painted on.

For the record I have a bunch of old Sideshow figures and I love them. Tim the Enchanter from Holy Grail, Sean Connery as Bond, Connor AND Duncan MacLeod from Highlander... It's kind of crazy that these figures exist, and they were drat good for the price. I also like the few Star Wars ones I bought... Bespin Luke, Episode 3 Obi-Wan and Anakin. The likenesses were not Hot-Toys perfect but I feel like they captured the spirit of the characters. Obi-Wan kind of looks like a morph between Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

Got the Marvel Legends Captain America/Crossbones two pack. It’s real great.... except Cap can’t hold his shield. Whoops!

You should be able to pull his hands out at the wrist, I think?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'd kill to get the Asajj Ventriss SS figure as I don't see Hot Toys ever making her. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

You could check out Midtown Comics, nothing mind blowing but a decent selection.

Oh hey, my friend I'm staying with lives like 4 blocks from there. Thanks!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

You should be able to pull his hands out at the wrist, I think?

I figured it out, the double-joint elbow was tripping me up. If I bent it at one joint then his forearm was too short, but it was long enough if I bent it at the other joint.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
where's my god drat ninja turtle set NECA you god drat sons of bitches

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Oh hey, my friend I'm staying with lives like 4 blocks from there. Thanks!

Forbidden Planet is another big NYC store that's listed as a Sideshow partner.

Here's their store finder: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/store-locator/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Louisgod posted:

where's my god drat ninja turtle set NECA you god drat sons of bitches

I read it was shipping out on Monday but now pushed to Friday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Forbidden Planet is another big NYC store that's listed as a Sideshow partner.

Here's their store finder: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/store-locator/

I wonder if they’re as expensive as FP here in London. In the 90s-2000s they were known among fandom as Forbidding Prices.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Creating these is a terrorist attack

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Just in time for him to be "cleared" by AMC!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Imagine wanting to own a Chris Hardwick doll even before the revelations

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lego Voltron is *really* cool! Though I've only formed...the legs! so far.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

It’s like the 5” Doctor Who figures from Character Options. When they’ve done classic era monsters, sometimes the detailing is a bit too accurate and they’ve captured things that you were kind of meant to ignore/not notice on the show.

Ok, so, next month I’m spending a week in NYC. Anywhere there good for toys/figures?
Toy Tokyo is definitely worth a visit.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The_Doctor posted:

I wonder if they’re as expensive as FP here in London. In the 90s-2000s they were known among fandom as Forbidding Prices.

They're not that bad, but yeah, slight markup.

There's also St Mark's Comics, which is only a few blocks from there and often has a lot of figures... not a huge selection, but they have some surprising finds every once in awhile.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hahahaha

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

This is unfortunate

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Rage posted:

This is unfortunate

Personally I'm waiting for the Singled Out variant.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Just got an e-mail the NECA Turtles have shipped.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

davebo posted:

I just got mine too, shipping from CA so being in OR means I'll likely see them Monday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

davebo posted:

Same, but for Guillermo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Same, off to Pembina, ND and I can drive across the border to grab em!

(not mine)

He also had this for the hands:

quote:

I'm going to copy paste this from my instagram, took some shots of the spare hands that come with them and how they can be used to enhance the poses:

For Mikey I’m using two different hands, one of them you have to fold and twist the nunchaku in his hand for him to get a light grip on them, the other is a loose hand but pressed against his leg to keep the nunchaku in place. For Leonardo the left hand is the closed fist that’s already on there that holds the sword at a 90 degree angle, but his right is an open palm that the sword can rest in comfortable and gives a nice downwards angle, or you can point it straight. The finger pointing hands are perfect for Raphael, this is my favourite way to pose the sai, with the handle pointing outward and the tip towards the elbow, but alternatively you can have the tip pointing straight out as well. I haven’t explored the hands with Donatello yet as I’m happy with how his staff is positioned, though I do wish he had a spot on his belt to hold the staff

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Seriously those may be some of the best action figures ever made. It's an absolute crime that they weren't able to get them to retail.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah they look great. I skipped them as I got the cartoon eight figure set last year and I'm very happy with that set.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Skywalker's generally complete and assembled. Didn't feel like futzing with Anakins clothes and lightsaber arm. Maybe down the road but ehhh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now you need to get mom.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Padme is rumored but nothing official yet. Sideshow even had a blank page ready.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's about as close to official as it gets now.

Hot Toys accidentally mentioned her in a Facebook post for an event, then edited it out. So someone on SSC asked JC Hong directly and he said she's almost ready and will be shown soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are there any decent and not expensive Guyver figures out there?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Are there any decent and not expensive Guyver figures out there?

The Figmas are good, and still somewhat cheaper than the old Bio Fighter Collection figures.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How are Bring Arts toys? Because I kinda really want this one

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Throughly mediocre. I got 2B and she’s got almost no accessories, also the usual SquareEnix problems of sloppy rear end paint looking bad and clogging up joints.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

vkeios posted:

Throughly mediocre. I got 2B and she’s got almost no accessories, also the usual SquareEnix problems of sloppy rear end paint looking bad and clogging up joints.

darn.

In lighter news, Goodsmile had a Fate event ahead of Wonfes to show off more endless Fate merchandise

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, WonFes is on again, and I probably won't go and dig through the hashtag for BSS related stuff, but I'm sure someone really wants a revoltech deathstroke

https://twitter.com/v2ab29/status/1023370268138303489

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
painted sexy Michael Myers

https://twitter.com/amiamihobbynews/status/1023376575209852929

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody