Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m interested to see what Marina can do. Jessamyn is super gangly and awkward so I’d imagine that’s going to be a really long road to being passable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I know one person who I trust more than pretty anyone talent wise - who is very biased admittedly who thinks Marina will be the best of the four in the long run.

Yeah always had concerns about Jess. She body reminds of indie wrestler and two-time SHIMMER Women's Champion Madison Eagles. She's 6ft 1in and has had terrible knee issues.

Someone told me Marina in MMA was well known for having very bad cardio. But obviously you can pace Wrestling matches and she's under the Performance Center fitness programme.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

rovert posted:

Someone told me Marina in MMA was well known for having very bad cardio. But obviously you can pace Wrestling matches and she's under the Performance Center fitness programme.

Marina's longest professional fight lasted less than two minutes and the others were her getting knocked the gently caress out in like thirty seconds, so I don't know if that tracks.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Marina will be good because she has a high-level grappling background and that base alone generally produces good wrestlers. Jessamyn will be bad because she has never been good at leveraging her physical gifts (doctors call it Stephan Struve Syndrome).

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I loved TUE having a Kevin Owens moment of "uh oh, we've pissed off too many people".

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Boy, I didn't see that coming. Glad I don't read spoilers!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It barely needs to be said at this point but Bianca is the best promo in WWE.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Black's final title match is overshadowed by Gargano/Ciampa drama. A fitting end.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Did he ever get a title defense in the main event?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

tweet my meat posted:

Did he ever get a title defense in the main event?

Nope! It's actually sorta amazing.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

DarkstarIV posted:

Nope! It's actually sorta amazing.

Jesus lol he got shafted main roster style. At least the feud he got pushed aside for is really good.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Shakespeare himself couldn't have written a more fitting end to that match.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like when Lacey Evans does that leg sweep, and having just a straight up right hook as a finisher is a fun change of pace. They just really need to reign in what the gently caress her character is gonna be.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Fun fact, I think tonight is the first time in a pretty long time that every title in NXT is being held by a full fledged heel.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That title match ruled and Johnny Gargano ruined everything you stupid Johnny Gargano ruining everything

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God if they don't make this up to Aleister with an actual title run I'm gonna lose a lot of the faith I had built up with NXT. Completely killed the dangerous vibe he had slowly built up by making him a midcard sideshow when they finally put the belt on him.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rovert posted:

I know one person who I trust more than pretty anyone talent wise - who is very biased admittedly who thinks Marina will be the best of the four in the long run.

it's roddy

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

flashy_mcflash posted:

Seriously, she is drat good at this.

Price Check posted:

Black's final title match is overshadowed by Gargano/Ciampa drama. A fitting end.
lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NOT LIKE THIS

NOT LIKE THIS

:negative:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

LOL no she's not. Best female promo absolutely yes.

Also I can't stand anything else about Lacey Evans but I don't mind saying her theme song bangs.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I can't stand anything else about Lacey Evans but I don't mind saying her theme song bangs.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand her. Hasn't she been on every single episode for at least the past month straight? Doing her uncomfortable robotic mannerisms where she looks like a video game where someone spams the taunt button?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No... no.

nooooooo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Foreshadowing https://twitter.com/MahabaliShera/status/1022308890048962562

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

No... no.

nooooooo

Guys, I think we broke J-Ru :ohdear:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

LOL no she's not. Best female promo absolutely yes.

Did they change it? She had one that said something like "Hello nice to meet you" and then you couldn't hear anything else. It wasn't anything special.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Black is a doofus with a dumb haircut and his bad reign ending is fine.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Almas Should Still Be Champ imo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Did they change it? She had one that said something like "Hello nice to meet you" and then you couldn't hear anything else. It wasn't anything special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsSMUNZhyLY

Also people wonder why the main roster doesn't book more complex storylines (outside of Vince's whims), and last night's contract signing beteween Kairi and Shayna pretty much illustrated why. Fans don't seem to get the basics of psychology (I've seen people bitching about Kairi repeating the same line several times). Kairi repeated the same line several times because it got under Shayna's skin. Kairi isn't exactly a very scary or dangerous looking lady when it comes to appearances.

It also doesn't help that Shayna is starting to get incredibly arrogant either. She's falling into the same trap she fell into last year before the MYC finals. Get progressively more and more arrogant until the finals, where it came down on top of her.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 26, 2018

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I mean I guess I can see the principle (that I don't necessarily cling to myself) that the main title always always goes on last no matter what but like, you've the culmination of a two year story, the hottest feud in NXT history, and people wanted Lars vs Black for no reason to go on over that? That's psychotic. Lunatics want that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Observer reports there's renewed WWE interest in Juice Robinson and Angélico.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

The Observer reports there's renewed WWE interest in Juice Robinson and Angélico.

I dunno who Angelico is, but I for one, cannot wait for the return of CJ Parker to protest the changes to the environment. There is only one earth after all!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I hope Juice gets some serious cash when he goes back to WWE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

If Juice is smart (and everything indicates he is) he'll stay far away for at least a few years if not longer.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Juice having to do scripted promos again would make me sad tbh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This does kind of remind me that apparently after Drew McIntyre got fired and went off to great success in the indies, some people at WWE saw him on a show and remarked,"Man why don't we have a guy like that on our roster!?!" :xd:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah, gently caress that poo poo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

This does kind of remind me that apparently after Drew McIntyre got fired and went off to great success in the indies, some people at WWE saw him on a show and remarked,"Man why don't we have a guy like that on our roster!?!" :xd:

Would have bet Drew would have never returned. Honestly had a lot of heat.

Juice was always going to be a prodigal son. Matt Bloom/Giant Bernard hooked him up with New Japan. Large amounts of current WWE upper midcard card scene are really good friends with Juice. He's a very, very popular guy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Juice not being able to swear would break my heart. It really sounds like he hated NXT so I can't see him going back any time soon

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

DarkstarIV posted:

I dunno who Angelico is, but I for one, cannot wait for the return of CJ Parker to protest the changes to the environment. There is only one earth after all!

South African wrestler who works mainly for AAA and Lucha Underground. Is also the tag partner of Rock's favorite wrestler Jack Evans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Count me in the group of people who hopes to see Juice remain in New Japan.

You had your chance WWE, you can't have him back, I won't let you!!