Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Icephoenix
Moat
sober

Only one of you is town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

Icephoenix
Moat
sober

Only one of you is town.

Moat sk b-/IS scumteam confirmed ;)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I will only vote for moat or icephoenix today. If we guess correctly, Max should return to the game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

Moat sk b-/IS scumteam confirmed ;)

so you are 100% convinced that mona is town?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

comedy option Anpu is scum and his inventions work because he's town aligned.

b-minus1 posted:

so you are 100% convinced that mona is town?

No not at all, the only person I am 100% convinced is town is myself. I'm actually about 75% sure that moat isn't scum but that's because I think he's the most likely candidate for an SK if there is one.

However, like most of us, I'm not convinced one exists anymore.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

comedy option Anpu is scum and his inventions work because he's town aligned.

No not at all, the only person I am 100% convinced is town is myself. I'm actually about 75% sure that moat isn't scum but that's because I think he's the most likely candidate for an SK if there is one.

However, like most of us, I'm not convinced one exists anymore.

maf edit: mona not 100% confirmed townie/mafia, myself only 100% townie/mafia, etc etc. This game is breaking my brain and I'm surprised I have been able to keep it straight this long.

the Anpu comedy option is worded properly though

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What if I told you..... that mona is town?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
guys im gonna fullclaim let me know when you're here

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

I'm around, although it's a workday, so I may be intermittently in-and-out with meetings and so forth. I'm interested to hear what you have to say, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

like townie town or scum town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IllegallySober posted:

I'm around, although it's a workday, so I may be intermittently in-and-out with meetings and so forth. I'm interested to hear what you have to say, though.

Ok. I wasn’t completely honest with you in our mason chat

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

like townie town or scum town

Townie town.

Anpu and Mona are unquestionably town.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

Ok. I wasn’t completely honest with you in our mason chat

Fair enough.

b-minus1 posted:

Townie town.

Anpu and Mona are unquestionably town.

Okay, I'll believe you, but how do you know this?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

Go on

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

:wave:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I am a mason recruiter AND a doc enabler. If I die, all docs lose their powers. I can't believe I am still alive lol
Each night I get to recruit a player to a masonry. All masonries are separate, so the recruits are only aware of other masonries of I tell them.
Upon successful recruitment, players will be told that I am confirmed town, but I will not learn their alignment. Basically, I can recruit town and scum.

n1: I recruited slamburger, who was my strongest town read. Due to some intial confusion (ecco forgot to tell him that I was confirmed town), I started grow suspicious of him, despite him repeatedly assuring me he was vt. Eventually I pmd ecco for clarification, and the issue was resolved. Sorry being so paranoid slam, I really enjoyed our mason chat.
n2: recruited Monathin, claimed vt right away.

I fullclaimed to slam and monathin early in our mason chat.

n3: tried to recruit flerp, was told that he wasn't home, but would contact me later. Apparently he could have recruited me during d4 but got lazy and didn't reach out until we were close to deadline d4 lol. Fullclaimed to flerp right away.

n4: tried to recruit Sober, was told he was still recovering, and would contact me the next day. He eventually pmd me yesterday, and we have been chatting off and on. I lied and told him that I could only have one mason partner at a time. Told him I recruited slamburger n1, and after he died n3, I recruited sober n4. Never mentioned my masonries with mona and flerp. I wanted to see who he would accuse of being scum without knowing all of the information.

Ok, have to step away for a second. There are more details I want to mention, but this is a start.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yup. I can confirm that I've been in a masonry with b- since N2, and that I also received a PM from Ecco that binus is confirmed town to me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Monathin posted:

Yup. I can confirm that I've been in a masonry with b- since N2, and that I also received a PM from Ecco that binus is confirmed town to me.

This is how it worked for me as well, which I mentioned. Although I'm a little unclear how that makes you "unquestionably town?" Maybe B- has more details coming to outline this?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Makes sense why the thread is so quiet since everybody is in masonries with bminus

EXCEPT ME

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I suppose that fact that B- is still alive after fullclaiming his role to you so early is a point in that favor, but "unquestionably" seems a little bit of a stretch without more supporting details. But we'll see what B- says further.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moatillata posted:

Makes sense why the thread is so quiet since everybody is in masonries with bminus

EXCEPT ME

Moat let's go make our own masonry with hookers and drugs that's way better than their lame-o masonry

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When Ecco PMed you all was B- confirmed Town or confirmed Townie or was a different word used

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

When Ecco PMed you all was B- confirmed Town or confirmed Townie or was a different word used

confirmed town was explicitly used.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

:thunk:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Monathin posted:

I can verify this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This setup was designed to punish me for my Phantom Thief/Town alignments in Persona wasn't it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
by "unquestionably town" I mean everything I have seen so far leads me to believe mona is town. It has been by far the most entertaining and productive mason chat I have ever been a part of. my head might explode if he flips scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Icephoenix, moat and sober:

You each have a gun that essentially functions as a hammer vote. Whoever you shoot will die and the day will end. Who do you shoot, and why?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IcePhoenix posted:

Moat let's go make our own masonry with hookers and drugs that's way better than their lame-o masonry

I am already in this masonry it is called the Moatillata LifestyleTM

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

You each have a gun that essentially functions as a hammer vote. Whoever you shoot will die and the day will end. Who do you shoot, and why?

IP, bc of process of elimination and also from the case I made earlier. You being confirmed town and Mona knowing it and you still being alive is a huge point in his favor. It's my strongest read and makes the most sense to me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

myself to end the suffering
you for causing the suffering
Anpu because if you're convinced mona and sober are townie then maybe my comedy option isn't actually comedy

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I never said I was convinced sober is town.

Tell me who you would shoot, or should I take your refusal to answer to mean that you are scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IcePhoenix posted:

myself to end the suffering
you for causing the suffering
Anpu because if you're convinced mona and sober are townie then maybe my comedy option isn't actually comedy

:thunk:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Each scum was given a crystal, which allows them to remove a player from the game. When the scum player dies, the frozen player returns. Beet used his crystal to remove Sober n1, and either moat or Icephoenix used theirs to remove max.

Only two players have been removed. Which means the third scum has not used their power yet (or I guess it’s possible they targeted a player that was protected by a doc). Would the scum team actually decide to use this ability on one of their own? That’s what we need to figure out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My arguments in mason chat have boiled down to the fact that, personally, I don't think they would, because cutting scum's power by a third isn't worth the inherent gamble of freezing a player and the obvious thought of "are the town because they got frozen". Having two effective "kills" for two nights as Scum is pretty powerful for scum, as was witnessed. Having three nights of two kills in a game this size would have gotten us to lylo immediately, and probably won scum the game very, very quickly.

I also don't think that after flerp confirmed doc and died scum would've withheld their crystal power, so I've come to the following conclusions.

1. There are only two scum, balanced by the double NK they had.
2. The crystal power isn't refunded on a block (possible, though I feel it's less likely, imo)

If there -are- three scum, then one of them wasted their power on N3.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

I see this- I'm in a meeting for about another 30 minutes and then will answer this.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also if there are three scum it has to be, from my perspective, both Moat and IP both. As, again, I don't think the scumteam would be willing to risk one of their own on a gambit like that.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
That's a p good point I didn't consider that there could be just a two man scum team due to the double "kill" ability

If it is a three man (which is what i had originally assumed due to game size) I agree with monathin here. I don't see why scum wouldn't just rack up the body count. It doesn't make sense to hamstring the team by removing a player.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I made the immediate comparison to the sub game in Gaqqu - splitting up scum is 100% worse for scum than it is for town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

I made the immediate comparison to the sub game in Gaqqu - splitting up scum is 100% worse for scum than it is for town.

Lol yeah if only I had stuck to my guns with bminus I would have made it thru with you guys

• Locked thread