Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
What even the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I’m genuinely disappointed there isn’t a krokodil healing item giving you corpus disease

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1021706263640645634

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Booooooo, he didn't show off the part of the mod where you can make platforms out of the running plasma gun bolts via the "freeze" command.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This just popped up on youtube:

Fallout: Miami, a FO4 mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPtAjvtJhf8

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah looking forward to that one and fallout cascadia

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ok, if nothing else I will give it props for making their ghouls wear floaties.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The decision to not have it be standalone and trying to loosely tie it into 4, I dont get.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The decision to not have it be standalone and trying to loosely tie it into 4, I dont get.

Wait what, are you supposed to be the Sole Survivor in it too?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

sneakyfrog posted:

yeah looking forward to that one and fallout cascadia

Those mods look practically identical. All of it just looks like random Fallout 4 locations to me. I never understand why people show off like, a couple of trees and expect people to be impressed. Here's a skeleton in a pose. Here's some sort of smashed building. Is that..... A FERAL GHOUL?!?!? Good heavens!! I'll only be impressed if they manage to have a decent narrative.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's impressive because it's created completely from scratch which, whether they're using the original game's models and textures or not, is incredibly difficult to do as well as they've done it. The reason it's worth nodding at and going "neat" is because it looks exactly like Fallout 4, except it was made by a few people in their spare time instead of a team of hundreds.

edit: Basically: it doesn't look like a mod, and that's why it's cool.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 26, 2018

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

CJacobs posted:

It's impressive because it's created completely from scratch which, whether they're using the original game's models and textures or not, is incredibly difficult to do as well as they've done it. The reason it's worth nodding at and going "neat" is because it looks exactly like Fallout 4, except it was made by a few people in their spare time instead of a team of hundreds.

Except that the reason it looks like Fallout 4 isn't that it's a small group of people recreating it, it's because it's literally being built in Fallout 4 with some modified assets. It's not "from scratch" at all.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My dude you know what I mean, don't play that game.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Having built things using a level editor I promise you that using the same assets is no guarantee whatosever that your final product will resemble the original game. It takes a shitload of work and competence to put something together that looks AAA quality even with the assets.

All the big new environments people have shown look excellent and show some real dedication on the part of their teams.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

CJacobs posted:

The production quality (at least from the trailer) makes it look like something that could be an official spin-off. Whether the actual game matches is yet to be seen, but the Miami style I think looks interesting.

I hadn't heard of Fallout Cascadia before, but as someone who lives in Washington, Fallout set in Seattle is right up my alley. :hawksin:

The one I've been anticipating is The Frontier. but there's also New California. Both of those are for New Vegas, though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kavak posted:

Wait what, are you supposed to be the Sole Survivor in it too?

Yup.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That's stupid, I'm going to put on the first animal mask I find and pretend I'm Jacket.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Kavak posted:

That's stupid, I'm going to put on the first animal mask I find and pretend I'm Jacket.

I too like hurting other people.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

2Fast2Quick

https://youtu.be/WjE64YTqabI

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I haven't played FO4 in forever 'cause it's kind of bad, but I might be into checking out the Miami thing. What are the chances of non-locale specific mods still working with a whole new area?

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I would say "Touch the Skyrim before Nick turned out to be a creepy rear end in a top hat" odds.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What mods specifically? Gameplay effects are one thing but anything that requires cell references or lists is probably not going to do anything.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmdG0jw1SRA

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

this is incredible

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I'll probably just wait and start up a new load order, then. Or more likely: forget it exists and replay something else for the XXth time.

Speaking of, someone mentioned in the Castlevania thread that there's a randomizer mod for all three of the DS games. Items, weapons, spells, glyphs, enemies, locations, even map segments and some more ridiculous stuff that'll probably make it break.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Appoda posted:

I'll probably just wait and start up a new load order, then. Or more likely: forget it exists and replay something else for the XXth time.

If it makes you feel any better that mod will probably not be released for years, if ever.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

This is actually faster then I expected give the video title.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is an incredibly pro click.

How are they getting mods onto the Switch?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Be sure to also watch the video linked at the end, which is the other end of the scale.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

Be sure to also watch the video linked at the end, which is the other end of the scale.

I do appreaciate the track choices.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm not seeing a video linked at the end, just the normal "here's other stuff you might like" section. Would you mind linking it?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

TTBF posted:

I'm not seeing a video linked at the end, just the normal "here's other stuff you might like" section. Would you mind linking it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzTboFFgUCE

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Memento posted:

This is an incredibly pro click.

How are they getting mods onto the Switch?

The switch had a hardware issue, that makes it easy to hack and there is basically nothing Nintendo can do about it. Later models have a fix for this.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Non-Photorealistic Quake. Not Doom, for once!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cheeki Breeki, friend.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/64iOS/status/1023738851758460928

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Seeing this, I wonder why more people haven't done this.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Max Wilco posted:

Seeing this, I wonder why more people haven't done this.

Because they hate those plumbers

*slow-dances on an elevator*

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I don't get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Brainamp posted:

I don't get it?