Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

prefect posted:

Huh. Realm Grinder update. They've got music now.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Did you unlock the button on the map screen that when you press it, it gives you a message about how it's the end of the game?

If not, ward every room and clear every room in one night. I think it might not have clicked the first time I did it, so the unlock might be buggy.

Not quite there. Slowly warding up the 2nd floor as I grind out the epic versions of skills that will get me through the last few rooms. It's really all just essence gain at this point but I see no reason to go through 5th life given how close I am.

prefect posted:

Huh. Realm Grinder update. They've got music now.

And a whole 2 more R's worth of stuff to do I bet!

The months long hiatus I took before is looking like the correct choice again more and more.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Why do so many idle games have sound and music? It just seems like the worst "feature".

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Why do so many idle games have sound and music? It just seems like the worst "feature".

I can't remember there ever being a time, let alone in the age of streaming music and video, where I thought "yes serenade me with your licence free-style"

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Unless the theme of your incremental revolves around sound or something, I'd probably leave it out.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sorry if this is the same dumb question that gets asked every 5 pages, but are there any particular clickers highly recommended to try out? The only two I’ve played are Realm Grinder, which was entertaining enough but seemed a touch opaque as to where to go next (admittedly I didn’t make it far, only to my first reincarnation), and Wiz Khalifa’s Weed Farm, which I found shockingly entertaining. Wasn’t sure if I’d run the gamut of the idle incremental clicker experience, or if there was something else I should give a shot? I’m playing on an iPhone, which I’m sure will impact any available recommendations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

NGU Idle:

I just go the beardverse set bonus which is 10% reduction in the penalty for running multiple beards. How does the math on that work?

LIke if I run 1 energy beard it gets 100% production, if I run 2 they each get 50% production.

So is the 10% treated like 'they were reduced by 50% so you only reduce by 45% (10% of 50%), or is it 40% reduction.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Only mobile clicker I've liked recently is cats who stare at ghosts, which looks to be android only.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Thaddius the Large posted:

Sorry if this is the same dumb question that gets asked every 5 pages, but are there any particular clickers highly recommended to try out? The only two I’ve played are Realm Grinder, which was entertaining enough but seemed a touch opaque as to where to go next (admittedly I didn’t make it far, only to my first reincarnation), and Wiz Khalifa’s Weed Farm, which I found shockingly entertaining. Wasn’t sure if I’d run the gamut of the idle incremental clicker experience, or if there was something else I should give a shot? I’m playing on an iPhone, which I’m sure will impact any available recommendations.

Realm Grinder's pretty fun for about 75-80 Rs. goon-made NGU Idle is pretty good, though it wasn't my cup of tea, really. I've been playing goon-devved Endless Battle at work, though it isn't deep at all despite having a ton of mechanics; no real paradigm shifts. I've also been playing Dragon Cliff which is a one-time steam purchase, which has a jrpg coat of paint on it and a lot of Stuff, though not really paradigm shifts per se.

e- whoops, missed the iOS only thing

shs
Feb 14, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They make the game feel more complete. The hardcore fans of idle games might be annoyed by those things, but the general gaming population will often see a game with no music or sound effects and assume the game is cheap / lovely / broken. Even better if the music actually fits the game and wasn't downloaded for free from some bargain bin music website.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've been playing and enjoying NGU, but I seem to have hit a roadblock with UUG. I got the Ring of Apathy leveled up to 100 but now I don't know what else to do other than turn xp into stats for the next two months. I feel like I'm missing something?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Turn XP into energy, use that for bulking up on the NGU Adventure. Completely fill out Basic Challenge to get it's 50% boost to adventure stats. Build your BEARd to at least 1000 for it's 50% boost in adventure stats. Do the second Troll Challenge for the extra augment so you can stuff it with another adventure stat accessory. Start building up magic and Time Machine so you can get substantial Iron Pill gains for more adventure stats.

Or choose a completely different avenue to fiddle with for a while.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sage Grimm posted:

Turn XP into energy, use that for bulking up on the NGU Adventure. Completely fill out Basic Challenge to get it's 50% boost to adventure stats. Build your BEARd to at least 1000 for it's 50% boost in adventure stats. Do the second Troll Challenge for the extra augment so you can stuff it with another adventure stat accessory. Start building up magic and Time Machine so you can get substantial Iron Pill gains for more adventure stats.

Beards are gated behind UUG, it's kind of a bummer since they look fun and I'm doing deep runs with all the NGU skill effort. I'm hitting that UUG wall hard, too.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Oh, I misread then. I jumped ahead to getting the stats requirement for defeating UUG automatically. I guess don't forget Advanced Training lets you boost your adventure stats substantially for a run? Full day's worth might help in that regard.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sage Grimm posted:

Oh, I misread then. I jumped ahead to getting the stats requirement for defeating UUG automatically. I guess don't forget Advanced Training lets you boost your adventure stats substantially for a run? Full day's worth might help in that regard.

I'm a sub optimal player which might help but I'm pretty sure mega lands gear will put me well over. With modest adv training and gaudy I'm at half the stats I need

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
If you haven’t already, try switching your gear for maximum energy cap and power. mixing in some gaudy and office really boosted my ngu leveling and then adv training crazily.

Alternatively you can focus on getting enough cap for the Yggdrasil fruits and the auto activation. It gives you something to do while making the advanced training much quicker.

Don’t forget you can head back to sky for the pissed off key. It will not directly help, but there are perks to the infinity cube, energy cap, and ngu training among others.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Sage Grimm posted:

I can't use beards, but I sure as hell can dump a lot of energy into NGU Adventure. I already maxed out the Basic Challenge. I did the first Troll Challenge yesterday and I kind of want a break from that madness for now.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
NGU Adventure, Iron Pills, Yggdrasil Fruit of Adventure, Advanced Training, Infinity Cube, playing around with accessories and gear are all good ways to boost your adventure stats to get to UUG levels.

Also remember that 800k Power 400k Toughness is not what you need to beat him, just autokill. You can turn off Idle and fight him manually with reasonably lower stats, provided you've got the maxed-out Apathy ring equipped. Even if you're not ready to farm him, taking a long run to beef up enough to beat him once is worth it to unlock beards, a new playground of very silly content.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

AlmightyPants posted:

I can't use beards, but I sure as hell can dump a lot of energy into NGU Adventure. I already maxed out the Basic Challenge. I did the first Troll Challenge yesterday and I kind of want a break from that madness for now.

I don't blame you on the Troll challenge. It practically demands you to stay active for the entire run, though you can just close it down while you're away.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

NGU Idle:

So walderp has 5 forms that get stronger each time and you have to wait the full respawn time between fights.

Do each of the fights have a chance for equipment drops or only the last one?

And do you have to do all 5 fights in a single rebirth or does it carry over?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Only the final fight counts for anything, but once you get there he never reverts back. They carry over so no need to try to do them all in one go. However if you think you have the stats for his final form you may want to do a very long run for advanced training.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Well I done gone and beat the cat game. The scaling in the game was kind of interesting and different, and once I unlocked all the skills/passives and found out how grotesquely overpowered you can be with the buffs turned on it was just a matter of essence. I technically did the last ward before the roof boss, and it told me I had beaten the game then. Still beat the roof guy but level 310 with max carpet/70 box was more than enough to absolutely blast him even though he could 4shot me with a big boost of previous night's endurance.

Part of me wants to rebirth and get the ultimate versions of skills, but there's nothing left I haven't killed so I hope they make the sequel they may or may not have been seriously hinting at.

Timing is good too as I just maxed out my gaudy set/50 boosts so I think I'm ready to farm up mega and maybe push to UUG for beards, which I hear are both good and fun. I really enjoy playing this game very badly and I think my last 3-4 rebirths have all been like 4 days long.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Just in case people were curious from the financial chat a while back, ITOPOD has turned this month from a major decline in sales to beating June so, hooray for new content!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Do you have data on exactly what people purchase from the AP shop? I imagine it's the new heart to increase the PP gain at level 100.

edit: I remember the ITRTG guy reporting on exactly what's been purchased but that was using kreds directly instead of another in game currency

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

something posted:

Just in case people were curious from the financial chat a while back, ITOPOD has turned this month from a major decline in sales to beating June so, hooray for new content!

Normally I'd say congrats but since I just started Troll challenges I hope you slip on the money and bonk your head and embarrass yourself in front of everyone

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Agent355 posted:

NGU Idle:

I just go the beardverse set bonus which is 10% reduction in the penalty for running multiple beards. How does the math on that work?

LIke if I run 1 energy beard it gets 100% production, if I run 2 they each get 50% production.

So is the 10% treated like 'they were reduced by 50% so you only reduce by 45% (10% of 50%), or is it 40% reduction.

I think it shakes out to be about 45%, I watched the numbers right before and after I finished the set -

Before set, one active beard takes 100 seconds vs 200 seconds with another beard active.

After set, one active beard takes 100 vs ~178 seconds with another beard active.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Something, as an idle player I would love if you could move that kitty over in the item daycare and add something that auto collects and combines forest pendants.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
But where would the kitty go? :ohdear:

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Clearly the kitty should have a slot to collect and combine all those things, from FP to wandoos

Edit: cat may end up destroying a portion in true feline fashion

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

something posted:

sitting on the keyboard loving up Wandoos, naturally

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Once you ascend an ascended ascended forest pendant you unlock a dragon who hoards forest pendants instead of gold. He automatically collects any forest pendants that drop for you and tracks your FPP (Forest Pendant Points). Spend FPP on literally totally useless poo poo like color schemes, borders for your buttons, and alternate-but-equally-lovely art for things! Insulting tooltips! Wacky progress bars! A toggle that substitutes all instances of Beard with Bread, even going so far as to change all the Beards of Power to Breads of Power (Pumpernickel, Whole Wheat, Banana Bread, Baguette, Just-a-bag-of-Flour, Marble Rye, and the bREAD, which is a cookbook). Another toggle to replace Blood Magic with something stupid like Hippie Flower Magic or whatever! Customizable Yggdrasil so you can change the order of the fruits.

Then don't forget to add a Sellout Shop item that doubles the drop rates of Forest Pendants, or make it an upgrade that auto-sends them to the dragon and you have to do it manually without it.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

something posted:

To fix my broken time machine? It's stuck on my highest boss from a couple of reincs ago, even though I've beaten more bosses every time since.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

something posted:

A creepy old house?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Trying to get a handle on how WALDERP works -

Fight actively, use whatever move he "WALDERP SAYS", if he just says to use a move then use a different move, then find him on some random menu and click him to trigger his respawn. I just finished form #4 - when I fight him the fifth time he drops items etc etc, but does he respawn at Form 1 for this rebirth or does he come back in his final form again? Do I have to menu-hunt him after the final form fight?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Buzkashi posted:

Trying to get a handle on how WALDERP works -

Fight actively, use whatever move he "WALDERP SAYS", if he just says to use a move then use a different move, then find him on some random menu and click him to trigger his respawn. I just finished form #4 - when I fight him the fifth time he drops items etc etc, but does he respawn at Form 1 for this rebirth or does he come back in his final form again? Do I have to menu-hunt him after the final form fight?

Answers:
No, he's always at his final form now. No more menu hunting after you kill form #5!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
You never have to chase him again. As he said the smoke bombs only came in a four-pack!

You do still have to deal with the WALDERP SAYS crap if you're manually killing him, but it's pretty easy to get a rhythm. He does it on his second action and then every five actions afterwards (or four?). Just spam regular attack and block/heal etc until you sense it coming, then after you obey his command, buff up and drop ultimate attack. Make sure you only do that shortly after WALDERP SAYS, otherwise he may demand ultimate attack while it's on cooldown.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
As someone who isn't on the cutting edge in NGU(I can do Walderp after doing advanced training over night) is it worth saving up ITOPOD points for the accessory slot or should I use them on other stuff?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Geocities Homepage King posted:

As someone who isn't on the cutting edge in NGU(I can do Walderp after doing advanced training over night) is it worth saving up ITOPOD points for the accessory slot or should I use them on other stuff?

I bought all the 1 point upgrades and cheap inventory slots, but I'm saving.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
I got all the one pointers as well, plus the one that gives poop. I figure a steady stream of free poop is a solid way to keep boosting drop rate, which you can't really raise with XP. I get over 3% per level 10 fruit of luck + poop.

Saving for accessory slot obviously. It might take a couple weeks but it's the biggest payout.

After that I plan on getting the faster fruit of power B and dive back into the Troll Challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

accessory is low priority imo. i did energy cap/power and followed it with tier 1 boosts. probably do energy ngu after.