Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SirBukkake posted:

Feed me, Seymour
Feed me all monetary factors - That's right, boy! - You can do it!
Feed me, Seymour
Feed me all the cash from your parents or banker
Ha ha ha ha ha!
Cause if you feed me, Seymour
I can give you Dark Souls Remastered

LOL thank you for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I bought Dead Cells and I am excited to play it on my Switch next week.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

American McGay posted:

The fact that I can't message someone on my Switch friends list from the Switch itself doesn't matter at all to me because if we're Switch friends then there's 30 other ways I can get in contact with you.

A very real use case: meet someone in a game, add them as a friend, try to play with them again. Without any sort of chat functionality, you literally can't coordinate anything with that person.

This used to happen to me quite a bit back when I was still playing a lot of 360 games online. People would add me and then occasionally ping me when they wanted to play again, and I'd hop on with them for a bit. And the Switch is even halfway there already--you can find a list of people you've recently played with, and add their friend codes from there! Why have a friends list, and a way to add pubbies to it, if you can't actually use it in any meaningful way?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Xad posted:

who the gently caress wants to type using a controller, who are these people

If only the switch had some sort of screen you could touch to input text

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Resident Evil Revelations is $14 on the eShop right now. Worth it or no?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I enjoyed it. Never played the OG release of it. Fun kinda spooky slow-paced 3rd person shooter. Resident Eviley. I bought it when it came out. I forget how much it cost me then, but $14 is a decent price for it if you're into that sorta gameplay.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Thanks! I noticed after I posted that both of them are $14. I may end up doing some RE this weekend.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The Lobster, have you already finished the other games on your massive SD card

Maybe you don't need RE Revelations

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The Lobster, have you already finished the other games on your massive SD card

Maybe you don't need RE Revelations

:ssh:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

You already bought it, didn't you. Lobsterrrrr! :argh:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I wish I had whatever your job is, Lobster.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Wendell posted:

I'm a grad student, actually.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fayez Butts posted:

Sorry that you’re poor

thank you, but i manage to get by

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Wendell posted:

I've found that nearly any adult job and basic money management gets you enough money for All The Games, it's the lack of time that's the issue...

The main caveat being that if you have kids then yeah you're pretty much always broke regardless

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Lobster posted:

I'm a grad student, actually.

speaking from personal experience, this is impossible. you should have both 0 time and 0 money

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Course there's definitely really ripe months that hit the wallet pretty hard, I'll admit. Those $60 price tags stack the gently caress up

I try to avoid paying $60 for most games, especially since I favor digital and the value is further lessened there

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Okami presale is on the eshop and it is $25 Canadian! That is such a steal for the amount of quality content. I am so excited to play it again!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey so if you google Nintendo Direct right now you should get

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Policenaut posted:

:awesome:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Weird, I guess it's Google messing around again?

edit: Yeah the list shows there was a direct on March 8th of this year.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

hmm i googled this and all i got was

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Policenaut posted:

But that’s not the date format NOA uses. I’m thinking glitch.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okami for a cool $20?

Yeah, I'm down.
Turns out I never finished it on PS2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is Okami Switch getting a physical release?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Looper posted:

speaking from personal experience, this is impossible. you should have both 0 time and 0 money

I don't have kids and it's summer so. Now coming up in a few weeks I will have no time but I won't have no money.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

SeANMcBAY posted:

But that’s not the date format NOA uses. I’m thinking glitch.

Yeah I googled from my phone and it says “in 3 days” but the link leads to the March direct page. Booooo this man!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
oh Policenaut you heartbreaker

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I don't think a Direct has ever leaked that way before but they should have a Direct on the third just to gently caress with people to think it did.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Get these, as someone who owns multiple brands of joycon stick extenders, these are the best, bar none:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071FMCLZ7

Yes, these are great.

A question for those who have them: What setup do you use? FPS Pro makes the sticks really great to use in shooters but they make the sticks too drat tall for my case, and if I'm using the face buttons on the right joycon my thumb accidentally touches the stick a lot. So I went to the FPS Master and... They're fine. They're okay.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Tennis aces 1.2 patch tomorrow apparently that might be adding 6games 1set options to free and swing mode. Would finally be able to declare it a tennis game.

Also bjr got nerfed hard.

https://support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/35399

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

alf_pogs posted:

hmm i googled this and all i got was

Thanks for reminding me how disappointing this game was.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Thanks for reminding me how loving great this game was.

you're welcome

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I was in grad school when the Ps4 released and I was able to scrap up on games and booze.

Ironically by the end of grad school I was playing Xbox 360 cause... Ps4 had no games!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Poppibuster mission was actually really easy and took like fifteen minutes. Also I discovered I can farm legendary cores off the praetor giant bird dragon thingie unique near the top of the world tree. I got like mine legendary cores doing this mission cause I kept fighting that thing over again to do the different specials I needed to do

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Really? I’ll have to farm it too, sine I need zenobia and most of the ng+ blades. If I beat the final boss, I can still play without having to start over again, right?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

It helps that I started grad school at 29 and not right after college when I had no money.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I started right after college and still had money for gaming, mostly due to tutoring part time and loans. I always made time for gaming too because otherwise I would have gone batshit insane...bouts of persona 4 golden got me through my behemoth of a final project.

grad school was good to me though. It hammered every last lazy fiber out of me because otherwise you'd drown. It did wonders for my general approach to everything. I half assed a lot of stuff beforehand for honestly no good reason

Which brings me to my next point, I just got the last set of charms and grubs on Hollow Knight! God drat this game was just as amazing the second time around

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

KingSlime posted:

I started right after college and still had money for gaming, mostly due to tutoring part time and loans. I always made time for gaming too because otherwise I would have gone batshit insane...bouts of persona 4 golden got me through my behemoth of a final project.

grad school was good to me though. It hammered every last lazy fiber out of me because otherwise you'd drown. It did wonders for my general approach to everything. I half assed a lot of stuff beforehand for honestly no good reason

Which brings me to my next point, I just got the last set of charms and grubs on Hollow Knight! God drat this game was just as amazing the second time around

I feel the same. And my first job after grad school was really strenuous and took a lot of time and energy.

Then, all my jobs since that... well, let's just say my posting got a lot more frequent.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I had plenty of cash (and time) for gaming throughout my master’s degree. Probably helps that I live in a country that isn’t poo poo towards students and work in a field that pays for interships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I like the eShop. And music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBzfpsEyqeU

• Locked thread