Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I'll corrupt practically any unique that meets the following:

- I can afford to completely brick the item (e.g. on the advice of guild chat, i vaaled the first tabula I ever got, which i had bought with literally all the currency i had on me to date in that league, and bricked it into a totally useless rare, which i had no idea was a possible outcome. Havent been owned that hard since Ultima Online. I nearly uninstalled on the spot but in hindsight is probably the defining moment that got me hooked on this game)

- the unique is actually worth more than 1-2 chaos with good rolls. E.g. dont bother corrupting the 18th wurms molt you got from Wretched div cards

- highish ilvl (picking a totally arbitrary number would be like ilvl 74+ but i don't honestly know if this really matters? In fact i think there are some niche cases where you actually want a low ilvl because lower ilvl items have a smaller pool of potential outcomes, and in those niche cases all the outcomes you want are already available on low ilvl items, but i could be talking out of my rear end on that)

- the default implicit modifier on the item isnt the sole or major reason that the item is desirable in the first place

I don't always stick to those rules but they're probably good enough to live by if you dont really know what you're doing yet (i include myself in that category)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Gloves and quivers are good options to corrupt. Both have mediocre implicits, and can be bought as moderately cheap uniques.

Piscators are also good options as the implicit is useless and the good corrupts are extremely strong.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the problem with piscators is everyone was corrupting them so even the good ones are fairly common. maybe less so now that people are quitting.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

For the challenge I just took uniques from my unique heap that weren't total garbage and crafted them to 4L and 20%. I probably came out a little behind and it's way faster to just spam vaal orbs on whatever but it's fun to make things that people might use. I put ele weakness on some giantsbane gloves and those eventually sold for 20c or something

Don't bother vaal orbing body armor or 2h weapons imo, if you have a 6L worth corrupting you probably want to use an altar to do it. Also the corrupted tabula market is flooded

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Went back to messing with my elehit Deadeye. I crafted a +3 bow (thanks mez) and I could now switch out the body armor I'm wearing for a Kaom's, but how the hell am I supposed to get enough strength for that :(

e: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/theshim/characters Character over here. The obvious one is the helmet, I can get a hat with a bunch of life and a strength roll pretty easily, though losing the attack speed and crit on Starkonja's is always sad. I can also grab two +30 str nodes easily enough.

I'd also take just general advice on this character v:shobon:v

theshim fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 30, 2018

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Belt, boots, and amulet are easiest strength spots, followed by helm I guess and rings, possibly jewels. If you’re really hurting and can’t find the gear you need or simply can’t afford it, there’s an unique jewel that has implicit 25ish stir and converts all fed in an large area to strength. Use this until you can replace.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I got a 2-socket Tombfist and a Darkness Enthroned yesterday. What's a fun build to take advantage?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Pick an attack skill that looks fun to you and go hog wild.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Yup, any attack skill tombfist are bonkers. I’d say projectile attacks, like bows or wanders, they are especially OP due to the difficulty of getting intimidate with those builds.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
I I didn’t want to be “that guy” and brag about my temple double corruption altar luck this league, but here I am on my phone thinking about you guys...

This is actually a combined effirt by Erz and I. He provides the quarry/altar farm + corrupting the item, I focus on item acquisition.

Mind you this is all over the last two days.

White sockets (2): hit 1 frostferno and 1 two socket tombfists
Shaper item(1): a lycosidae shield
Poofers(7): 2 frostfernos, 1 belly of the beast 6linked, 1 queen of the forest 6linked, 1 ~4ex lightning dmg imbued wander wand, 1 incursion amulet with unknown value but insanely good (life%/+life hybrid mod, crit, wed, prob 10ex easy), and 1 lycosidae.
Double Corruptions (0):

Anyone have us beat?

Also, I’ve already determined I’m buying/corrupting frostfernos until I hit a good double corrupt, or I go broke, whichever comes first. I’m thinking bout offering a bounty to goons. Say, anyone who gets an altar can get a frostferno from me to corrupt and I’ll pay something like 2-10ex for a winning double corrupt. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot compared to the price of a +8 or something, but hey it’s all for basically a 30c altar, not bad.

Oh yeah, kill me please.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At what point in the game should I seriously look into crafting an 'endgame' bow and other gear? At a certain level, after a certain act?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

10bux posted:

Yup, any attack skill tombfist are bonkers. I’d say projectile attacks, like bows or wanders, they are especially OP due to the difficulty of getting intimidate with those builds.

I tried to use it to get my MF Windripper character through Uber Lab, and I got absolutely wrecked. Am I just terrible? This was my setup:

https://pastebin.com/DBQtCPWA

Basically just swapped out helm for a Starkjona's I had stashed, then Tombfist/Darkness Enthroned/Bubonic Trail with the best jewels I had in my stash/could craft.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

white sockets are actually negative value on frostfernos and tombfists arent they?

you guys are like 0-10

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

white sockets are actually negative value on frostfernos and tombfists arent they?

you guys are like 0-10

What makes them negative value?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Papercut posted:

What makes them negative value?

The fact that you can't do anything else to them and the white sockets are largely meaningless since it's a 4 socket item you can easily recolor.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you dont have the opportunity to corrupt them yourself. you basically chop off a lot of potential upside of the item for a worthless benefit.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Awesome! posted:

you dont have the opportunity to corrupt them yourself. you basically chop off a lot of potential upside of the item for a worthless benefit.

I always buy a pre-corrupted tabula for my first one every season, so I don't get stupid and brick my only tabula. Then I vaal any tabula I come across.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

10bux posted:

I I didn’t want to be “that guy” and brag about my temple double corruption altar luck this league, but here I am on my phone thinking about you guys...

This is actually a combined effirt by Erz and I. He provides the quarry/altar farm + corrupting the item, I focus on item acquisition.

Mind you this is all over the last two days.

White sockets (2): hit 1 frostferno and 1 two socket tombfists
Shaper item(1): a lycosidae shield
Poofers(7): 2 frostfernos, 1 belly of the beast 6linked, 1 queen of the forest 6linked, 1 ~4ex lightning dmg imbued wander wand, 1 incursion amulet with unknown value but insanely good (life%/+life hybrid mod, crit, wed, prob 10ex easy), and 1 lycosidae.
Double Corruptions (0):

Anyone have us beat?

Also, I’ve already determined I’m buying/corrupting frostfernos until I hit a good double corrupt, or I go broke, whichever comes first. I’m thinking bout offering a bounty to goons. Say, anyone who gets an altar can get a frostferno from me to corrupt and I’ll pay something like 2-10ex for a winning double corrupt. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot compared to the price of a +8 or something, but hey it’s all for basically a 30c altar, not bad.

Oh yeah, kill me please.

Add me IGN: Bugamol. You can have my Frostferno and 6L Chin Sol to double corrupt and if you get something great with it you can keep it because I'm done with the league.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

alternatively, give me the chin sol so i can actually use it on my ele hit guy

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

First goon to Ms paint me an ele hit character can have my corrupted (with nothing) frostferno, 6l quill rain and kaoms. Im done until flashback.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

queeb posted:

First goon to Ms paint me an ele hit character can have my corrupted (with nothing) frostferno, 6l quill rain and kaoms. Im done until flashback.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm doing this to myself, but holy poo poo am I making myself hate the game right now.

I was lvl 99 25% on Friday night, figured on the weekend I could actually play a lot more and not be restricted to like 4 hours a day, and had hoped to hit 50% by the end of the weekend. I actually did manage this, but basically I ended Saturday at 42% and was feeling extremely good about it going faster than I thought it would. Then I died to getting firing ranged upon opening a door in an Incursion at 46% after being on for several hours and wanted to give up right there. When I push really hard I get around 9m exp/hour (sextanting t15/16), down to around 6-7m when just running lower tier maps or not going as fast as I can. It takes about 320 million to get from lvl 99 to 100, so I get just under 3% an hour at best, which realistically is lower because the exp timer only counts time actually in maps and not the time I spend trading/rolling maps/doing sextants/organizing drops.

What frustrates me the most about this whole thing is the feeling that GGG wants to tell me to gently caress off and that I'm not "committed enough" to hit lvl 100. Someone hit lvl 100 in 5 days in ISC, GGG thinks this is so fast that it ruins any sense of achievement of hitting lvl 100, and to be honest the community feels this way too. But the group that hit lvl 100 first was a dedicated group that put 100% of their effort into getting a guy to lvl 100 first, with a specific build just made to do it, and they were probably putting in 18-20 hours a day on average for those 5 days. Just on build alone and the fact that they had someone who could take out all the work of rolling ideal maps and poo poo out of it, they were probably getting exp 3x faster than I can do on my own, and playing 4x as many hours as me. If you extrapolate this out, it means it should take me 60 days to hit lvl 100, which is approximately what it's actually taking me. It's just so unreasonable with leagues lasting 3 months; I get 100 for the sake of the challenge and then what, I want to do other things but I feel like I have no time to do it. The fact that this is a result of GGG actively making it harder multiple times in a row and I expect they're going to make it harder again because "5 days is way too fast it should be 3 weeks" or some poo poo. And then they're still going 15x faster than me and what I'm supposed to grind a character for a year in standard league?

It's also just a problem with the challenges in general. I'm trying to hit lvl 100 because it's part of the Endgame grinds challenge and I think it's the least unfun challenge to go for (though it's killing my enjoyment of the game so who knows if that's true any more). 100 Abyssal Depths takes far longer to get than lvl 100 because they're so rare (I'll probably hit 70 by lvl 100), running 100 or so Labyrinths makes me want to quit the game far more, and same for trying to buy Breachstones/hang around in global chat to join Abyssal Depths groups. I mean obviously you don't need to hit 40/40 for the MTX rewards but it still does give something and I just don't know how I feel about putting in a challenge with an exclusive reward in a game that actively makes players despise the game, because people by nature are going to want to get the exclusive rewards.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 31, 2018

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hell, I'm frustrated trying to push to 91 from 90. I'd never in any reasonable scenario be able to play enough to hit even 93 or so, let alone 100.

With a three month league, if they are tuning level 100 for that 0.001% of the speed levelers, than nobody who isn't playing the game as at least a part-time job has a chance of hitting it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got to 94 on my ehit deadeye wander this league. I could've gone probably to 100 if I stopped being dumb with my playstyle but that's just not going to happen. I'm going to run the absolute rippiest poo poo I can and I'm gonna do the boss, and that means dying enough that after like 92 it's a real struggle. Sure, I'll do this double elemental damage -max +crit global steroids 8 mod pit of the chimera, I don't give a gently caress.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
I've been filling out the atlas on my 2nd (ever) character and have started being consistently killed by T12 bosses, admittedly on alched + vaaled maps. I finally took a break when i used up all 6 portals on one of my T12 maps without killing the boss.

Any tips on how I could improve my character to cope? It's Edna here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/T3suji/characters
(She's a lightning warp / arc / ball lightning poet's pen elementalist from this guide)

I have about 250c to work with, maybe a little more. The only unique I'm missing is the Choir of the Storm, which would cost most of my money. It seems like it would give me more damage, but I don't think damage is the issue; I'm getting oneshot or bursted down by some of these bosses. I have a little less hp/mp than the guide does, do I just need better HP/MP gear? Or do I just need to get better at dodging poo poo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im usually not a fan of double life flasks. maybe trade one of those and one of the quicksilvers for like a basalt and jade or maybe atziri flask for more sustain. something along those lines.

the last build i tried where it relied solely on a bereks for sustain ended up feeling really bad on bosses to me

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

you win, whats your in game name and when are you usually on. this is incursion SC btw

theshim
May 1, 2012

Got a lich in a T16, which turned out to be Ulaman, and he dropped a Shroud. Pretty good map.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

It's also just a problem with the challenges in general. I'm trying to hit lvl 100 because it's part of the Endgame grinds challenge and I think it's the least unfun challenge to go for (though it's killing my enjoyment of the game so who knows if that's true any more). 100 Abyssal Depths takes far longer to get than lvl 100 because they're so rare (I'll probably hit 70 by lvl 100), running 100 or so Labyrinths makes me want to quit the game far more, and same for trying to buy Breachstones/hang around in global chat to join Abyssal Depths groups. I mean obviously you don't need to hit 40/40 for the MTX rewards but it still does give something and I just don't know how I feel about putting in a challenge with an exclusive reward in a game that actively makes players despise the game, because people by nature are going to want to get the exclusive rewards.

I've been thinking about pushing my character to 100, But I don't think I wanna skip the 1mo. I Feel like you'd have to have some insane gear on a super tanky character just to not waste your time on bullshit deaths. I agree the Abyssal Depth challenge is also pretty dumb - I've only managed to get 47 done solo and this is running breach for several grind days at a time. I don't even wanna look and the abysal jewels any more.

I've had a lot of fun in this league tho, manage to get some sick corrupts. One of my goals was to hit 10,000 es on my occultist and now that i've raised the funds to get a mana to es under clarity watchers eye, I can't find one for sale. Other then the watchers eye I think I consider my character finished at 98, as the upgrades are near impossible to find at this point. Maybemez is the character. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mezlat/characters

e: also sad I still haven't gotten that right enchant on that the helm.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
I’ve been pushing for 99 for a while now and I just don’t think my current build really makes sense for high level pushing (self cast arc elementalist). Christ, I’m running no quant on gear (and like 30% rarity) and I’ve farmed up enough currency for two headhunters. I can only agree with ultima; the grind to 100 is entirely balanced around groups filled with bitch boys to get their buddy to 100.

I’d have to keep my current pace up for another 3-4 weeks to hit 100. gently caress that, imma ride my bike around the whole province instead

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

queeb posted:

you win, whats your in game name and when are you usually on. this is incursion SC btw

its me ur brother, kild, can i trade

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

queeb posted:

internalstugglez I can be on w.e

theshim
May 1, 2012

tonight I encountered four (4) abyssal depths

well, that's my story

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

2 hours into grinding today and I'm down 6% exp. Firing squads in incursions are complete horseshit and basically all my deaths at 98-99 have been to them.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Thinking of doing a Blade vortex character for the flashback. Should I go tri-herald elementalist? Or something like Mathil's fire conversion Chieftain?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Designed my own Phase Acro/MoM/Tri Hearld BV level 90 guy.

https://pastebin.com/3ndbzwwz

Thinking I might drop MoM and/or Mind Drinker (attack damage leeched as mana). The mana leech will save me having to shell out warlords mark on hit ring.

Anyone care to import to poebuild and critique? Only one jewel slot atm but that can be easily sorted if needed. As I said above, I might drop MoM for either more damage, increased skill duration or purity of flesh (more life and chaos resist).

This is just a skill build, no items, links etc.

General leveling path is rush phase acro then constitution.

Tai fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 31, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Mind Drinker won't work with Blade Vortex.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
OK thanks, mana leeched removed.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ultima66 posted:

2 hours into grinding today and I'm down 6% exp. Firing squads in incursions are complete horseshit and basically all my deaths at 98-99 have been to them.

When I start getting frustrated at going backwards in xp I have to make myself stop doing incursions for a while. I die in them way too often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Can I get an invite as Sidocursion? I know the league is basically dead now...