Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm in Canada and it airs here so it doesn't make much sense unless it's somehow a Quebec thing.

iTunes has it but I have nothing apple.

Update: as of this morning season 7 is listed but unavailable. I'll hopefully be able to get it once it starts airing.

Season six is still missing for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Man this book is amazing, I feel like you could teach a class with it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, don't follow the thread for awhile and of course there's a leak.

I do swear I won't change the thread title until something actually airs though.

I also got the book today. I want to be one of the people that ordered it years ago but I honestly got it on a whim on when I was ordering some other stuff when I saw it was supposed to be out today.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
This book is a loving impressive tome.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I opened up to a random page and saw them just going on and on about how people are obsessed with Kim and they kind of understand it but it also baffles and annoys them and no she will never be back but maybe she will be if they think of something that they think would be good

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
That's a very on-brand page to open to when it comes to VB.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

glam rock hamhock posted:

I opened up to a random page and saw them just going on and on about how people are obsessed with Kim and they kind of understand it but it also baffles and annoys them and no she will never be back but maybe she will be if they think of something that they think would be good

I think we've gotten Kim back in a sense with Sirena. She's such a positive figure and a bolstering emotional presence for Hank's character that it just makes you really worry that something awful is going to happen to her. :ohdear:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

LostRook posted:

Also the adult swim stream is premiering season 7 early, Friday at 4pm et, for those that aren't getting :filez: for whatever reason.

9pm Friday GMT is a real good time to crack open a cold one and settle down for some Venture Brothers, some good timing there by Adult Swim.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

LostRook posted:

He did work with another great man...

Except he came back at the end of the second episode

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

MizPiz posted:

Except he came back at the end of the second episode

yeah but Kano doesnt have to know that

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So this book is basically them talking about every episode? Can't wait to dive in more.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think we've gotten Kim back in a sense with Sirena. She's such a positive figure and a bolstering emotional presence for Hank's character that it just makes you really worry that something awful is going to happen to her. :ohdear:

Yeah, but Kim didn't have that Noo Yawk accent. :)

I am a little worried about Dean, though. Somebody said Hank was advancing, while Dean was retreating, and that seems right on. :ohdear:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

This book is amazing, instead of page numbers in the bottom corner, there's a little picture of Hank and Dean in their silly run cycle animation.

Yes, when you flip the pages, it runs through the whole cycle flipbook style.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This goddamn beautiful book is everything I wanted and much, much more. It's the sort of incredibly in-depth nonsense that I adore.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Dammit I just know by the time I have the money for the book it'll be out of print.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

prefect posted:

But Kano told Brock that he had taken a great man from the world.

Work with me on this one....

Maybe Kano took Jonas Snr from the world and onto Gargantuan 1 in PRBLM?

That's the kind of word play I'd expect from Venture Brothers after all :D

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Leaked episode spoilers question:
So Jonas ‘died’ at movie night?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

So back in Season 5, after Entmann died Action Man said he was the "First of Team Venture to go" which always struck me as odd and I always took it to mean he was the first of the 'team' to die but it looks like they've had it in mind to bring back a not-dead Jonas for at least that long

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

420 Gank Mid posted:

So back in Season 5, after Entmann died Action Man said he was the "First of Team Venture to go" which always struck me as odd and I always took it to mean he was the first of the 'team' to die but it looks like they've had it in mind to bring back a not-dead Jonas for at least that long

Action Man mentioning that Entmann was the "first to die" doesn't mean he was the first member of Team Venture to ever die at any point. We know this to be true because Major Tom died during the flashback that starts the episode "Ghosts of the Sargasso." So there's already someone on Team Venture who died before Entmann. So... yeah, that's pretty much enough, but I'd rather light a candle than curse your darkness, so here goes.

The phrase "X was the first [of our group] to die," when spoken by an old and/or retired member of a team that existed when he was younger (often the prime of his life), refers to people who survived whatever war that the team was fighting in (or battle, or event, or whatever), retired when the team dissolved, and then died, often of natural causes... except that it ends up being murder because there was a secret tontine involving war treasure... yeah, it was a whole thing that appeared in a lot of post-war movies. And the whole "X was the first to die" never referred to anyone who died while the team still existed.

In other words, it's not a phrase that has a strictly literal meaning. In every context that I've ever seen that has this type of phrase ("X was the first to die") in this context (referring to a group of people whose group eventually disbanded), it always counts only the people who die after the group disbands.

Of course, they could bring Jonas Venture Sr. back. I just hope they don't.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't imagine when I'll actually have time to watch these leaked episodes because this book is such a loving beast that it's going to take up all my free time for the next week.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

So I'm gonna just bail in on 5k unread posts.

Holy poo poo the new season is in like 5 days!!!

As I haven't really been keeping up to date, are they doing another t-shirt club or anything? I still sleep in my old OSI shirt, its comfy as gently caress.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Arrath posted:

So I'm gonna just bail in on 5k unread posts.

Holy poo poo the new season is in like 5 days!!!

As I haven't really been keeping up to date, are they doing another t-shirt club or anything? I still sleep in my old OSI shirt, its comfy as gently caress.

Titmouse has made noises to the effect of "yes, details shortly".

That OSI shirt makes for the best gym shirt...I loving love lifting in that thing.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Fuuuuck I want my book!

Also just 5 days left to binge through uh... 15 normal length episodes and Gargantua 2. I can do this :shepface:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

tarlibone posted:

Of course, they could bring Jonas Venture Sr. back. I just hope they don't.

isn't it a little too late for that?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Pershing posted:

Titmouse has made noises to the effect of "yes, details shortly".

That OSI shirt makes for the best gym shirt...I loving love lifting in that thing.

Fuckin awesome, can't wait.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m glad the book took like 5-7 years to arrive because it’s four times longer than it would have been if it had come out when I first ordered it.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Y'all weren't kidding. This book is crazy big/heavy. Awesome.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The book is awesome. I'm just flipping through it but can't wait to really dig in.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I was expecting a glorified coffee table book. But this thing... this thing is thick with copy, and not filler copy either. This is detailed stuff, in-depth. It's what literally any other writers or directors might have bothered saying on the DVD commentary tracks... except now it's in a "handy" hardcover, heavy, glossy-page form.

I've leafed through it, but it's going to take time to actually read this thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've read through the beginning and the pilot and stopped at Season 1. This is going to be a hell of a book. I honestly don't know what I expected when I ordered it. I thought "Eh, it might be lame but at least the VB art is good." This is basically a gigantic interview with Jackson and Doc with their notes and doodles sprinkled within. And then you get a big spread that's just various background paintings. Based on the early pages, this show could have gotten stuck at Comedy Central or MTV and probably would have been dead by now. I'm glad Adult Swim does weird poo poo because this show is amazing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This has some neat takes on the advice Monarch gets from Red Death and what happened to Fat Chance.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
And hey, he got to see Sharky's Machine

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The book also revealed something I'd never considered about Dean, that he's the fulcrum around which everyone/everything else turns.

It also has some extra Season 7 stuff at the very end which isn't in the first two episodes.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 1, 2018

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Something I noticed flipping through last night, in the season 7 section, there's new art of JJ. Could be just flashbacks or something, but could be telegraphing that he's not dead.

e: or maybe that's already known from these leaked episodes I'm just now learning about.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 1, 2018

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Clawtopsy posted:

And hey, he got to see Sharky's Machine

Sharkey's Machine.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

ReidRansom posted:

Something I noticed flipping through last night, in the season 7 section, there's new art of JJ. Could be just flashbacks or something, but could be telegraphing that he's not dead.

e: or maybe that's already known from these leaked episodes I'm just now learning about.

I feel like revealing that Dr. Jonas Venture is still alive would be a total hack move.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Oh hay! Thanks Amazon!
code:
Go Team Venture!: The Art and Making of The Venture Bros.
              Price on order date: $39.99
        Price charged at shipping: $24.60
 Lowest price before release date: $24.60  
                         Quantity: 1
                    Total Savings: $15.39
The book is worth $40, but also woot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, I would have gladly paid 40 dollars for this. 25 dollars was a steal for what's in here.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Put in my order. I wasn't too interested in just an art book, but if it's morphed over the years into a full-on production design diary? gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Put in my order. I wasn't too interested in just an art book, but if it's morphed over the years into a full-on production design diary? gently caress yes

You shan't be disappointed.