Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Rirse posted:

Okay I found the Totem Pole but have no idea what it does. I got a email about it earlier, but don't seem to indicate anything new.

It lets you set a single prayer gate (the ones that look like two triangles with a gap in between) as an additional warping spot by inspecting it. Only a single one at a time though, inspecting another one will overwrite your saved location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Anyone else having trouble getting the game to play? I've tried every graphics setting but the game is playing at .5x speed. :psyduck:

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
I've beaten five bosses so far and the fourth one, Jormungand, was the only one I found to be obnoxious, which is fitting since I wasn't a fan of its equivalent in the first game either. If anyone is having trouble with this boss, a good strategy is to move underneath his foot while he's on the left side doing his single shot sniper attack and spam flares up at his face. You can also chip away at his health with the katana from this position.

Rirse posted:

Okay I found the Totem Pole but have no idea what it does. I got a email about it earlier, but don't seem to indicate anything new.

Ojetor already said what it does, but here's one additional tip that can possibly save you a lot of frustration in the future: if you die and use the Continue option it will take you back to the last time you warped to a proper save and not count split gate sites, so it's a good idea to warp away from one and then warp back right after praying at it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Seeric posted:

I've beaten five bosses so far and the fourth one, Jormungand, was the only one I found to be obnoxious, which is fitting since I wasn't a fan of its equivalent in the first game either. If anyone is having trouble with this boss, a good strategy is to move underneath his foot while he's on the left side doing his single shot sniper attack and spam flares up at his face. You can also chip away at his health with the katana from this position.

Ojetor already said what it does, but here's one additional tip that can possibly save you a lot of frustration in the future: if you die and use the Continue option it will take you back to the last time you warped to a proper save and not count split gate sites, so it's a good idea to warp away from one and then warp back right after praying at it.

Mind giving me a pointer on how to spawn the ankh for the fifth boss? I've found what I'm pretty sure is the boss room in the Dark Lord Mausoleum, but I think I'm missing something called the "Destiny Tablet".

Edit: Also, the best way to beat Jormungand is really just to spam spears all day. Beat him second try with that.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 1, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat overgrown bull

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay I've found so many places that require double jump to complete that I'm pretty sure it's the next thing I need to find.

A tablet says that it's located behind the corridor of blood

However I can't make progress in that area because the boss is immune to my attacks

I figure there is some La Mulana 2 equivalent of book of the dead from the first game, what zone should I be looking in or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a reason why my controller will randomly not jump when I hit A when moving left or right. I fell straight down to the floor many times because I try to jump and then move to a direction only to fall on a spike straight down instead.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

Okay I've found so many places that require double jump to complete that I'm pretty sure it's the next thing I need to find.

However I can't make progress in that area because the boss is immune to my attacks

I figure there is some La Mulana 2 equivalent of book of the dead from the first game, what zone should I be looking in or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Try walking back into the Corridor of blood from the snow area

Regarding that mini boss.
It's not what you're looking for but you can beat him as soon as you can push blocks.
I still have no idea what beating him actually did though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Agent355 posted:

you need an item from killing a guardian. there are many clues to what the item you need is and where to get it but specifically it's mjolnir from clearing the infinite battlefield

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oh I just assumed you meant the frog. the block guy is different!

always look at the pictures on tablets when they have them because they are important clues

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Dunno if anyone is interested but an NPC offered to reverse a "curse" on me by which I can only imagine she means hard mode. So it can be undone in this game unlike the first game (before EX).

Broken Cog posted:

Regarding that mini boss.
It's not what you're looking for but you can beat him as soon as you can push blocks.
I still have no idea what beating him actually did though.

I'm wondering the exact same thing, I assume it's something to do with the dark ice in the rooms of that area I can't reach yet.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
4th boss troubles. I can't move or do anything at all, and then I get crushed! What do I need to do?

edit: Figured it out. Was missing the Pochette key to start the device Location if anyone else is lost: To the right of the vampire miniboss room in Shrine of the Frost Giants

ymgve fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 1, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, help a stoopid guy out here - how do you exactly do the puzzle for the flail whip? If you leave the screen, the blocks reset. Do you need something to go in the lava pool?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
More hp than you lose swimming through it.

Also the solution is crouching.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I have to try again later to see if my 96 is enough.

Just mainly trying to upgrade my weapons to take out Kujata. I did get the earth spear already which should help.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

TeaJay posted:

I have to try again later to see if my 96 is enough.

It's more than enough.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

uPen posted:

More hp than you lose swimming through it.

Also the solution is crouching.

Thanks, that later part really confused me.

This section of the map has a lot of chests I can't find ways to open and it's bugging me a bit, including one on the water area I already flooded and made the switch unreachable. Perhaps you get some kind of item to sink, like iron boots la Zelda?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Perhaps! Best thing to do if you can't figure out a chest is make a note of it, a guess as to the puzzle or take a picture of the room. Then when you later find new item X you can open up the folder of 'stuff that made no sense' and do a sweep of the ruins to collect your prizes.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im in the same situation with that switch but I have a pretty good idea of what item I need and where I can get it based on some tablet info. Its probably just a life orb or something anyways.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

LMfao it was a life orb

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I thought that getting the Djed pillar from Kujata would allow me to traverse the upper levels of Valhalla but apparently I need some mantras to load in it as well

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Control Volume posted:

LMfao it was a life orb

We take those wins in this house :colbert:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I forgot to save after beating Kujata, died to a boulder trap and now I can't beat him again

e: got him, but that sure was a lesson for saving the game

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 1, 2018

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
If uh, anyone figures out how to scream, let me know.

What a sentence.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

In the back area of the shrine of the frost giants there is a statue of Belemor - I know 'when belemor awakes all the ice will melt' basically, but I don't know how to wake him up.

Ultimately I'm trying to spawn the ankh in Immortal Battleground and have no idea if this area is related or not, but it seems like I should have what I need and I'm just missing whatever tablet told me the mantra combination or w/e.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 1, 2018

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I'm glad I read this thread because I forgot about the gate that opens with dead guardians and I thought I had to go to the fire and ice place after killing the first guardian. Hoo boy that place is rough.

I'm in Divine Fortress now and cruisin' right along, although now that I've found the Ankh Jewel it'll probably take me a while to figure out what else I have to do. I killed Hugin and Munin pretty handily after stumbling in blind, I was a bit worried when I couldn't get out without a fight but they were chumps.

This is great, really scratching the La-Mulana itch without being quite as impenetrable from the get-go. I'm sure the later puzzles will stump me but it was nice to be eased back in.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I was kind of shocked the pedastels in gate of death were visible. That's not the la mulana I know!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I guess I need to find the second sigil right now. Any tips on where I should look?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I think I'm gonna take the time to better organize my notes

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kujata is insanely easy if you get the chain whip and the thing that lets you attack twice as fast

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

TeaJay posted:

I guess I need to find the second sigil right now. Any tips on where I should look?

Area frost giants

More specific near the save monument

Spoiled in the save room jump from up by the ceiling and land in the snow to sink down to the bottom

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Area frost giants

More specific near the save monument

Spoiled in the save room jump from up by the ceiling and land in the snow to sink down to the bottom

Okay, and from there? I can go left for the ankh jewel wall puzzle or to the right, where I can interact with an origin seal.

e: aah, I think I got it, the snow thing again

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 1, 2018

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I just got the gloves. But I have no freaking idea where to find A 'Spear' of some sort to press tablets down on the floor..

Any help would be appreciated.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

In the back area of the shrine of the frost giants there is a statue of Belemor - I know 'when belemor awakes all the ice will melt' basically, but I don't know how to wake him up.

Ultimately I'm trying to spawn the ankh in Immortal Battleground and have no idea if this area is related or not, but it seems like I should have what I need and I'm just missing whatever tablet told me the mantra combination or w/e.

Where exactly is the back area with the Belemor statue? I've been looking for it, and I'm wondering if I've just overlooked it.
For the waking mantra, I'm not 100% sure on this yet, as I haven't tested it, but I think it's Heaven, earth, moon.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

I just got the gloves. But I have no freaking idea where to find A 'Spear' of some sort to press tablets down on the floor..

Any help would be appreciated.

head down to the bottom of the area you got the gloves in and take a leap through the bifrost

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Question about the totem: When I go to an altar, I read it, and it gives me a little red effect, but for some reason I can't warp back to these things. If theres something else I need try to keep it as vague as possible, but if its just some menu button I dont know about, I wanna know because I cant see it in the warp screen

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Control Volume posted:

Question about the totem: When I go to an altar, I read it, and it gives me a little red effect, but for some reason I can't warp back to these things. If theres something else I need try to keep it as vague as possible, but if its just some menu button I dont know about, I wanna know because I cant see it in the warp screen

Hit down

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Where exactly is the back area with the Belemor statue? I've been looking for it, and I'm wondering if I've just overlooked it.
For the waking mantra, I'm not 100% sure on this yet, as I haven't tested it, but I think it's Heaven, earth, moon.

location: after you kill the corridor of blood boss by pushing blocks on him there is a pushable wall to the left that lets you into another room, inside are 2 statues that need to be pushed into position beneath a mural (position is shown on a mural next to your dad's curry colored tent in IB), then it's just a skip and a jump to the statue.

Where is the moon mantra? I think I saw a tablet that told me 'moon' was just 'sun', or maybe it was an NPC, but I have a 'sun' mantra but no moon.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Doesnt work, either in the menu or at the altar itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

location: after you kill the corridor of blood boss by pushing blocks on him there is a pushable wall to the left that lets you into another room, inside are 2 statues that need to be pushed into position beneath a mural (position is shown on a mural next to your dad's curry colored tent in IB), then it's just a skip and a jump to the statue.

Where is the moon mantra? I think I saw a tablet that told me 'moon' was just 'sun', or maybe it was an NPC, but I have a 'sun' mantra but no moon.

Cheers, I know where I'm going next.
For the Moon mantra, I already talked about it earlier in the thread:

Broken Cog posted:

Someone in the Gate of the Dead will tell you how to obtain it, then it's just a question on where to use that information

Full spoiler:
Check some walls in the lowermost area of Immortal Battlefield, accessible through the top area of the ice area in Icefire Treetop.
Use the Sun mantra in a secret room you find there.