Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Control Volume posted:

Question about the totem: When I go to an altar, I read it, and it gives me a little red effect, but for some reason I can't warp back to these things. If theres something else I need try to keep it as vague as possible, but if its just some menu button I dont know about, I wanna know because I cant see it in the warp screen

It'll be listed among the back fields. If you can't warp to the back fields you can't really utilize it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

It'll be listed among the back fields. If you can't warp to the back fields you can't really utilize it

Ah okay thats lame that you can get it before you can use it. It really should have some sort of feedback in that regard.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

I just got the gloves. But I have no freaking idea where to find A 'Spear' of some sort to press tablets down on the floor..

Any help would be appreciated.

The spear is in Immortal battlefield, pretty close to the start when you come from the rainbow bridge.

But you can also use caltrops for those little holes.

I'm just basically looking where I should be going next.

I beat 3 guardians, got 2 sigils now, got glove, claw and chain whip and the ankh jewel for frost area.

I guess I'm still looking for more mantras too? Although I can't remember seeing any other walls of text than the one I already picked up in Divine fortress (earth)

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 1, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Cheers, I know where I'm going next.
For the Moon mantra, I already talked about it earlier in the thread:

Is it the left ladder in the icefire treetops? There are two ladders and I see a secret room I can't reach that requires going up the left one, but I don't know how to reach the left one.

E: NVM Got it

Solution for other people who didn't know break the wall into the left ladder area from the next room over

EE: and dead ended again. I think I'm being bottlenecked by the drat IB ankh room. I have a jewel and the Pochette key but I don't know how to get the actual ankh to show up so I can fight this jerk and get his reward.

EEE: actually just found something in IB that might be it. Posting in this thread in frustration then just doing it myself WORKS.

EEEE: maybe not, another step closer maybe but I still can't spawn that drat ankh.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 1, 2018

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Control Volume posted:

Ah okay thats lame that you can get it before you can use it. It really should have some sort of feedback in that regard.

Pretty sure you should have access to back warping by the time you get that item. If you want to know how: you need to purchase and load the Future Development Company app.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Control Volume posted:

it should definitely be a thing you can get relatively early-ish on

vague hint to point you in the general direction of it: the item you need can be found in the first backside zone you'll probably run into

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
drat I told myself I was going to take a break then you people come around with your tips for the snow area and now I'm a speed-addled whip-flailing maniac who can transform into Robocop. Thanks guys.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How do you spawn the ankh in IB? I have the item all the tablets tell me I need but I don't see a spot to use it or anything. If it's like La Mulana 1 the spot to use it will be obvious when I actually use the ankh jewel but I can't figure out how to make the durned thing show up. I feel like everything I'm looking at is being bottlenecked by either the item the IB boss has or something that depends on me having it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Agent355 posted:

How do you spawn the ankh in IB? I have the item all the tablets tell me I need but I don't see a spot to use it or anything. If it's like La Mulana 1 the spot to use it will be obvious when I actually use the ankh jewel but I can't figure out how to make the durned thing show up. I feel like everything I'm looking at is being bottlenecked by either the item the IB boss has or something that depends on me having it.

you need to find the dino statue somewhere in a closed off part

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

You know where you found the moon mantra? Poke some of the statues in the room where you found the secret entrance to the moon mantra room
I don't know the hint for this one, I found it by complete accident.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Hmm yah, I'll be on the look out for tablets that mention that. I've been wondering how to get in that chest.

Oh maybe the tablet that tells you that you need the figurine shows people attacking the little lizard statue? it's a stretch

E: gently caress jormungdr, I'm going to get a gun

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 2, 2018

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I feel like I did the order of the Gate of the Dead extremely wrong when I have the entire place mapped out and miniboss beaten before I even get the map

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Are you freaking kidding me with this white seal puzzle

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
A word to the wise, DON'T enter the Jormangund battle with the blue fighter fairy. I thought she would help, and she did. She uh, killed him before the fight even started and glitched the game out.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

FisheyStix posted:

A word to the wise, DON'T enter the Jormangund battle with the blue fighter fairy. I thought she would help, and she did. She uh, killed him before the fight even started and glitched the game out.

That sounds amazing and I kind of want to do that now because gently caress that guy

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

nftyw posted:

That sounds amazing and I kind of want to do that now because gently caress that guy

It was nuts. The name didn't even have time to pop up and for a second I felt joy, which is pretty much a warning system for La Mulana. If you're feeling happy, something bad is gonna happen.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Control Volume posted:

Are you freaking kidding me with this white seal puzzle

its real simple actually

when i read the tablets for it i assumed itd be like opening the gate of illusion and was terrified but it's actually fine

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is there some trick to using the Djed Pillar? I use Mantras where it tells me to and nothing happens.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I've seen pictures of people with it from waaaay earlier in the game than I am, so I can only assume I missed something stupid: How do I get the Alert app?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Okay what am I missing to fight Jorgumand

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

okay, i'm taunted by that puzzle room in annfwn near the top left with the pot up on the pillar and a tablet that says 'invoke the power of earth' which i've incanted the earth mantra in there and it did nothing so i can only assume earth spears are needed and all i want to know is if it's basically impossible to do until i get the double jump

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

okay, i'm taunted by that puzzle room in annfwn near the top left with the pot up on the pillar and a tablet that says 'invoke the power of earth' which i've incanted the earth mantra in there and it did nothing so i can only assume earth spears are needed and all i want to know is if it's basically impossible to do until i get the double jump

yes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sweet, thanks. i kind of assumed as much but knowing this game it's entirely possible there's some bullshit to get up high enough for it without it but nothing seemed like a hint to that.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Joestar posted:

The name of the room made me immediately think "yeah there's a good chance all that other poo poo in the room is 100% red herring" and found that the sigil that you need to trip is the Earth sigil so I'm guessing that's the "earth" they refer to, which sounds like just the kind of lame rear end thing the game will pull on you

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
drat, the game really opens up once you get the double jump.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Zereth posted:

Okay what am I missing to fight Jorgumand

His pattern repeats without much variance. Earth spears are your best friend.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Agent355 posted:

His pattern repeats without much variance. Earth spears are your best friend.
I didn't say "while fighting jorgumandr" I'm trying to figure out how to fight him.

EDIT: Although since you mention it, I am running low on spears, and can't remember where they're sold.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zereth posted:

I didn't say "while fighting jorgumandr" I'm trying to figure out how to fight him.

EDIT: Although since you mention it, I am running low on spears, and can't remember where they're sold.

Devil guy at the top of Immortal Battlefield.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Pigbuster posted:

Devil guy at the top of Immortal Battlefield.
Oh right, thanks.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm also stumped on how to get the IB boss ankh to spawn. I have the p key and the jewel and the mural raised but I have no idea how to proceed otherwise.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zaggitz posted:

I'm also stumped on how to get the IB boss ankh to spawn. I have the p key and the jewel and the mural raised but I have no idea how to proceed otherwise.
Where'd you get the key?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Zaggitz posted:

This is one of the most obtuse puzzle so far for me, to be honest. I solved it almost by accident.

Hint 1: You might have read something about a secret gathering place for the Lokapala, and seen mysterious closed doors around

Hint 2: You need the figure of their god to enter said place

Hint 3: You need a Dinosaur Figure, have you seen something like that anywhere in the Immortal Battleground?

Hint 4: There's a suspicious lizardlike statue in a chest room in the lower right part of the area

Hint 5: Hit the statue through the wall (the rapier works) until it breaks to open the chest to get the Dinosaur Figure, you can now enter those doors

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Knocked over a couple more minors and got a second sigil and glove. Really wanting a whip upgrade right now. Mulbruk might be dead.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The instakill traps in this seem way more obnoxious than the last one's.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ojetor posted:

Hint 4: There's a suspicious lizardlike statue in a chest room in the lower right part of the area
Can you be more specific as to where? The only place that general area you've described i haven't been requires me to put a weigh on an underwater pedestal somehow.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ojetor posted:

This is one of the most obtuse puzzle so far for me, to be honest. I solved it almost by accident.

Hint 1: You might have read something about a secret gathering place for the Lokapala, and seen mysterious closed doors around

Hint 2: You need the figure of their god to enter said place

Hint 3: You need a Dinosaur Figure, have you seen something like that anywhere in the Immortal Battleground?

Hint 5: Hit the statue through the wall (the rapier works) until it breaks to open the chest to get the Dinosaur Figure, you can now enter those doors

I'm gonna need a hint 6 with the actual room because nothing anywhere on the right side of this place fits that description.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Zereth posted:

Can you be more specific as to where? The only place that general area you've described i haven't been requires me to put a weigh on an underwater pedestal somehow.

Zaggitz posted:

I'm gonna need a hint 6 with the actual room because nothing anywhere on the right side of this place fits that description.

There's another way into that part of the area via the icy side of the Icefire Treetop

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ojetor posted:

There's another way into that part of the area via the icy side of the Icefire Treetop
Ughhhhh I'd been avoiding going there. I guess I better. At least I have more health now.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ojetor posted:

why do you just keep piling bad news unto this quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rirse fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 2, 2018