Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

games already offer useless "currency" though? :confused:

e: useless shameful snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-31/blockchain-once-seen-as-a-corporate-cure-all-suffers-slowdown

companies experimenting with blockchains are quickly discovering that they're useless :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD4TLmNyGYA

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

If I had more knowledge about how bad kids' media has it these days, I'd probably say that too.

As it is, I'm more familiar about the badness of current videogame company strategies and how lootboxes and a game's own digital currencies are designed to suck every last bit of money out of poor suckers like me.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

this was mentioned in another one of the chat threads but if you don't read that one HOLY CRAP BIG NEWS!!

Sarah Jeong Joins The Times’s Editorial Board

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

quote:

IBM, which has more than 1,500 employees working on blockchain

New greatest scam in crypto: Whoever convinced IBM to hire 1500 people to "work on blockchain"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this was mentioned in another one of the chat threads but if you don't read that one HOLY CRAP BIG NEWS!!

Sarah Jeong Joins The Times’s Editorial Board

pffffffffft... that nocoiner shill? the times just lost all credibility

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
she doesn't even know that crypto stands for cryptozoology :rolleyes:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

look at me, i'm sarah jeong. i think i'm so smart because i've decided to ignore the future of money and will be living on the street when the cryptocurrency revolution comes. then i'll cry myself to sleep while burning a huge stack of my worthless fiat money for warmth

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
why is sarah jeong beefing with the chinese maker chick with the big titties again?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
ADHD leads to fiat bleeding

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

why is sarah jeong beefing with the chinese maker chick with the big titties again?

maker chick doxxed and threatened the american journalist who interviewed her because she didn't like the article. this got her kicked off patreon and a bunch of other stuff, it was bad. and when jeong said "wow not cool" maker chick went after her too

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

Please for the love of God keep crypto out of videogames. The videogame society has enough scams as-is.

did you not catch the news about the recent spate of steam games that had cryptominers installed, but would encourage people to leave the game running by offering random timed drops (that were created to look exactly like valuable lootbox rewards from other games for the purpose of trade scams)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

fisting by many posted:

did you not catch the news about the recent spate of steam games that had cryptominers installed, but would encourage people to leave the game running by offering random timed drops (that were created to look exactly like valuable lootbox rewards from other games for the purpose of trade scams)

I found out about it just after I posted that. :eng99:

I am almost exclusively a console gamer so I'm a bit behind on news on the PC/Steam part of gaming.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

it was a good-rear end scam though

there is a lot of innovation in the cryptocurrency space

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

fisting by many posted:

it was a good rear end-scam though

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

fisting by many posted:

it was a good-rear end scam though

there is a lot of innovation in the cryptocurrency space

just the scam part though
https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/status/1024762634242023431

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

:lol: Elon Musk name ban working extremely well I see.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

why'd you make part of the 'scams' section green?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

AnoHito posted:

why'd you make part of the 'scams' section green?

its not a scam! elon musk is really going to give you free bitcoins! simply go here: http://elomusk.org/ and he will give you 1.5 times the bitcoin you sent in! min 2 max 400

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

its not a scam! elon musk is really going to give you free bitcoins! simply go here: http://elomusk.org/ and he will give you 1.5 times the bitcoin you sent in! min 2 max 400

just tried it. you lied

you owe me 400 cryptobux

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

just tried it. you lied

you owe me 400 cryptobux

don't listen to this scammer! i jest sent in 400 bcoins and got 600 back! e|on musk made me a millionaire!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lutha Mahtin posted:

maker chick doxxed and threatened the american journalist who interviewed her because she didn't like the article. this got her kicked off patreon and a bunch of other stuff, it was bad. and when jeong said "wow not cool" maker chick went after her too
specifically she didn't like that the article discussed her love life, something she had specifically requested not be mentioned as a condition of the interview because it would have ramifications for her in china

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Ghostlight posted:

specifically she didn't like that the article discussed her love life, something she had specifically requested not be mentioned as a condition of the interview because it would have ramifications for her in china

now i remember why i forgot. it was a dumb argument and maker chick never really justified the intensity of her freakout beyond some vague "inscrutable chinese" schtick :shrug:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i have no idea what you guys are talking about

i enjoy being an internet hermit

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

now i remember why i forgot. it was a dumb argument and maker chick never really justified the intensity of her freakout beyond some vague "inscrutable chinese" schtick :shrug:

maybe it's one of those stupid hyperpuritan dealies that pop stars in korea and japan go through where they aren't allowed to gently caress or date to make them better sex symbols, but chinese

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

are you seriously defending her. she keeps claiming some kind of written contract agreement was violated, but she doesn't have the chutzpah to actually go to court over it, she'd rather hide behind her pseudonym in china and sling the personal information of someone (iirc) who has a family

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 2, 2018

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

don't listen to this scammer! i jest sent in 400 bcoins and got 600 back! e|on musk made me a millionaire!

lol lookit this guy with a scammer tag callin ME a scammer :rolleyes:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

:wrong::gerard::wrong:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

if "chinese maker chick with big titties" doesn't pique your interest then u need to go back to nerd school, son

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:silent:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

YOSPOS: if "chinese maker chick with big titties" doesn't pique your interest

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lutha Mahtin posted:

are you seriously defending her. she keeps claiming some kind of written contract agreement was violated, but she doesn't have the chutzpah to actually go to court over it, she'd rather hide behind her pseudonym in china and sling the personal information of someone (iirc) who has a family
i'm stating why she didn't like the article.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah and like great she claims she had some "written agreement" about those issues. but instead of doing the necessary legal legwork, or screening potential interview requests better, she doxxes and threatens a writer while still hiding comfortably behind a pseudonym on the other side of the world. real classy

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lutha Mahtin posted:

YOSPOS: if "chinese maker chick with big titties" doesn't pique your interest

Why did Sarah Jeong stop posting here anyway?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I got 500 Bitscoins from L. Ron Musk. It really works!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Why did Sarah Jeong stop posting here anyway?

cuz you can farm the thread for content without touching the poop

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

she lost interest once someone said buttcoin

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ghostlight posted:

she lost interest once someone said buttcoin

:monocle: someone said buttcoin ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

chinese maker chick with big titties

Wow, that actually works as a search. Well, assuming SexyCyborg is who you're all talking about.

• Locked thread