Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
That's a real tweet. Go check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm just going to save myself the trouble and go ahead and believe that's a real tweet

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hey so, Good Girls on netflix is drat good.

Like a comedy version of Ozark/Breaking Bad.

Plus it stars Joan from madmen, egg from arrested development, rita from parks and rec and cricket from always sunny.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdFNln5mc74

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Alone Together still the funniest show nobody but me will ever watch. Also how is there a second season already? The first premiered this year!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Escobarbarian posted:

Alone Together still the funniest show nobody but me will ever watch. Also how is there a second season already? The first premiered this year!

I really enjoy it, though it's really just a slightly modified Difficult People.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well that just sold me on giving it a try.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I’m completely blanking on the name of a show right now. I think the first season was on IFC maybe?

A guy didn’t get a residency MD placement, so he gets a therapist to ‘mentor’ him and he does free sessions out of his mother’s garage in order to accumulate the 1000+ hours of training he needs to become licensed.

It was mostly a comedy but I remember the final episode involved him trying to save one of his patients after the patient shot himself.

Tried googling, but all it suggests is that Viceland show ‘The Therapist’

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m completely blanking on the name of a show right now. I think the first season was on IFC maybe?

Sounds like Shrink, it was on Seeso. If it's got Tim Baltz as the main character then that's definitely the one.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

I watch it, The Leader is in it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Toast King posted:

Sounds like Shrink, it was on Seeso. If it's got Tim Baltz as the main character then that's definitely the one.

Ah, that’s it! Thank you!

Doesn’t look like it got a second season (and Seeso no longer exists). Bummer. :(

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 3, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EL BROMANCE posted:

Well that just sold me on giving it a try.

:same:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

I had no idea it was back! Thanks for the update. We really enjoyed the first season.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I watched the first few episodes if Alone Together and thought it was trash, but I also was never a fan of Difficult People so maybe it's just not for me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector 34 posted:

I watched the first few episodes if Alone Together and thought it was trash, but I also was never a fan of Difficult People so maybe it's just not for me.

I thought the same, it gets better. Season 2 is mostly great. I was only in it for Chris D'Elia at first.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s very “dumb millennial”-y, which isn’t going to be for a lot of people, but it’s real funny. Between this and CXG Esther Povitsky is one of my favourite comedic actresses at the minute.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Carrie Coon in starring in The Sinner season 2 and it just started airing. It's a whole new case so you don't need to watch season 1. Coon is pretty much perfect in Leftovers and Fargo so I'll watch anything she does.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Okay, for a second, I thought it was really weird they were making a second season of that. But I guess they're going the anthology route?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Lycus posted:

Okay, for a second, I thought it was really weird they were making a second season of that. But I guess they're going the anthology route?

Not exactly, Bill Pullman's character is back and they've already referenced the first season's case once. It is a whole new case in a different town though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Sinner was great already so adding Carrie Coon is :discourse:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Venture Bros. season 7 premiere is available on the Adult Swim app and yeah, watch it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJuAvwtmXuw

You'll laugh, you'll feel nostalgia, you'll cringe

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow, how did I never see that before? I love it. lmao @ the Trump appearance though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It reminds me how stacked the early 2010s NBC comedy lineup was. What was the show with Christina Applegate and Will Arnett?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Up All Night. It was ok at best.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I just watched Bad Samaritan and man what happened Robert Sheehan career after the Misfits. Dude is still impossibly charming 9 years later.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MiddleOne posted:

I just watched Bad Samaritan and man what happened Robert Sheehan career after the Misfits. Dude is still impossibly charming 9 years later.

He's an absolutely horrible person who burned every bridge he could before his career was big enough to sustain it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha, should have guessed.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

PriorMarcus posted:

He's an absolutely horrible person who burned every bridge he could before his career was big enough to sustain it.

At least he didn't get sent to prison for racially-aggravated assault.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1025426075717914625

hmmmm

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's certainly a get. Wonder how he'll fit in, having trouble imagining him in it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

For the first time ever I have a slight interest in Fargo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Has he ever done a dramatic role?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Has he ever done a dramatic role?

New Jack City. I've never seen him as a guy with much acting range.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently he's playing a mob boss, which makes sense imo. Someone with some kind of larger-than-life persona reads as a better fit than like a Lester Nygaard or a Lou Solverson.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Cult hit Australian 1920s period drama Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries is getting a spin-off show set in the 1960s as well as a feature length movie to wrap up the original show. The movie was funded partially via kickstarter late last year, reaching the funding target of $250,000AUD in 24 hours and hit $400k a few days later before getting an $8m budget.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/07/seven-spin-off-ms-fishers-modern-murder-mysteries-announced.html

It should be on netflix in a lot of regions, it did very well in Europe and was dubbed into a bunch of languages, it was only really cancelled a few years back because the government broadcaster had massive funding cuts. The new spinoff series has been picked up by a commercial network though, so I doubt it'll have hour long runtimes like the original.

Here is a season 1 promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITfesjVBDaY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Arist posted:

Apparently he's playing a mob boss, which makes sense imo. Someone with some kind of larger-than-life persona reads as a better fit than like a Lester Nygaard or a Lou Solverson.

Ah, was hoping he'd be the "unstoppable force of nature" character.

I really want Pip Torrens in a season of Fargo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Since we're on the topic of Lost, Evangeline Lilly said recently that working on Lost was a terrible experience.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/evangeline-lilly-says-cornered-taking-clothes-off-lost-crying-eyes-135732017.html

quote:

“In Season 3, I’d had a bad experience on set with being basically cornered into doing a scene partially naked, and I felt had no choice in the matter,” Lilly recalled. “I was mortified and I was trembling. … When it finished, I was crying my eyes out, and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter.”

That happened more than once, according to Lilly. “In Season 4, another scene came up where Kate was undressing, and I fought very hard to have that scene be under my control — and I failed to control it again,” she continued. “So I then said, ‘That’s it, no more. You can write whatever you want — I won’t do it. I will never take my clothes off on this show again.’ And I didn’t.”

quote:

“I felt like my character went from being autonomous, really having her own story and her own journey and her own agendas, to chasing men around the island. And that irritated the s— out of me,” she explained. “I did throw scripts across rooms when I read them because I would get very frustrated by the diminishing amount of her own story that there was to play.”

quote:

On a recent stuntwomen panel, Lilly also claimed that a “misogynistic” stunt coordinator intentionally caused her to injure both her arms during a stunt on the set of the ABC series.

“I felt it was him saying, ‘I’m going to put you in your place for standing up to me,'” she said.

So I don't think she'll be doing HBO shows anytime soon

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

quote:

Fargo season 4 will shift the start of the action from the rural upper Midwest to Kansas City, Mo. and will take place in 1950.

In 1950, at the end of two great American migrations — that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the US at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York, Chicago — and African Americans who left the south in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities — you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African American. Together they control an alternate economy — that of exploitation, graft and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons.

Could be a good series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

New Jack City. I've never seen him as a guy with much acting range.

If they made a TV version of New Jack City, it'd just be a sillier version of The Wire, wouldn't it?

It would still be good - it's a good movie - but it'd be like The Wire except with Wesley Snipes sneaking about a warehouse using martial arts to take out the SWAT team like the drug dealer version of Batman.