Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I get Sato and Shoji mixed up if I'm not looking directly at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The railing against Froppy is weird considering the only reason almost the entire class didn't get expelled is because of what happened with All Might.

She had a really good reason not to like what they were doing, it was putting their entire futures at risk. Granted she probably didn't know that specifically was going to happen but she knew there'd be consequences.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nerds resent someone being the voice of reason, news at 11

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Froppy's speech was like doing a Choose Your Own Adventure and choosing not to have an adventure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, when the adventure is "Go into the stronghold of a bunch of villains we were only barely able to hold off before until the strongest man in the country could step in," you kinda see the point.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It's not her fault she's not hot blooded like her classmates, she's a frog!

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I think the problem people have with the whole thing is that it's another one of those instances where Deku (and company, this time) did the right thing - the heroic thing - even though everyone who has a duty to their well being has to view it as wrong. The whole thing is confusing because there's a dichotomous message to it.

So yeah, Froppy has a legitimate grievance, but in light of what actually happened, it winds up coming across as confused and complicated (and in a shounen context, anti-cool stuff). The kids helped save Bakugo, no one got expelled, at the end of the day everything worked out from a pragmatic point of view (All Might aside), while she's upset about what could have gone wrong and how she didn't do enough to stop it. If something had gone wrong she'd regret not having done more to prevent it. And also what could go wrong in the future if they let their decisions be informed by the lucky breaks they caught this time.

People are a bit tough on that moment because it can come across a bit like "Hey there Froppy it looks like you have something to say!" and then it's just kind of muddled negativity, even if it's well-meaning and in-character.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 3, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's also worth pointing out that Deku and Co would have absolutely done something retarded if not for Iida and Momo. Don't get me wrong, Momo was dead set against them fighting as well, but I just don't know if the crew would have held up to that if Iida hadn't been there to lock their shonen instincts the gently caress down. Froppy had a legitimate grievance, as only two of the students who left on that secret trip had the right mindset from the get-go. Just two.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

I get Sato and Shoji mixed up if I'm not looking directly at them.

You can stop this confusion by just remembering that Shouji is the really cool one and has the best design in the class.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All you need to do is remember that Satou means sugar or something in Japanese.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You can stop this confusion by just remembering that Shouji is the really cool one and has the best design in the class.

this is a weird way to spell Sero tbh

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Shouji is Todoroki's first name?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The best design is Hagakure.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xarbala posted:

Nerds resent someone being the voice of reason, news at 11

If shonen was about being reasonable we wouldn't be happy about the main characters basically being child soldiers

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

this is a weird way to spell Sero tbh

Sero’s up there too.

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

Kild posted:

Shouji is Todoroki's first name?

Torodoki's given name is Shoto. Shoji is large octopus kid.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A scanlation of Chapter 0's been done, if you'd like to see some Young Toshinori and Gran Torino.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Really intense

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/193/5263/1

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Don't worry, Deku. This is normal for teenage boys your age.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Oh god loving damnit it is some mental connection poo poo. Or he's using some quirk but probably the former.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
One of the OFA inheritors there... kinda looked like Bakugo

EDIT: DID DEKU'S ARM JUST HEAL?!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 3, 2018

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

It's interesting that apparently All Might never had anything like the Sports Festival incident or this.

One wonders what the "Singularity" is? The point when OFA became strong enough to destroy AFO?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
poor unfortunate souls
in pain, in need
this one wanting to be thinner
this one wants to get the girl
do I help them?
yes indeed

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Conot posted:

It's interesting that apparently All Might never had anything like the Sports Festival incident or this.

All Might said that he saw phantoms when he had only recently received OfA

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

It's weird that there's no apparent significance to the order the successors are standing in. I also wonder why those two are in shadow - just unfinalized designs? None of the other holders should be currently alive except Toshinori, right?

Also: wanna know more about Hellboy

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Patware posted:

It's weird that there's no apparent significance to the order the successors are standing in. I also wonder why those two are in shadow - just unfinalized designs? None of the other holders should be currently alive except Toshinori, right?

Also: wanna know more about Hellboy

Depends, if they died fighting AFO, then no. But OFA doesn't sap your lifespan or anything like that. If they managed to pass it on and hide away, they'd still be alive.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Izuku > All Might > Nana > Hellboy > "Hey you wanna buy some coke?" > Grown-Up Aoyama > Man On Fire aka Shoto's Grandpa

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gentle was a lesson on what happens when you go against the rules and don't have protagonist armor so Tsuyu was right to be worried especially after Eraserhead let them know they basically were supposed to all be expelled. It was All Might getting depowered that saved them all, not their successful rescue like with Stain.

She also didn't actually narc anyone out either.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Onmi posted:

Depends, if they died fighting AFO, then no. But OFA doesn't sap your lifespan or anything like that. If they managed to pass it on and hide away, they'd still be alive.

They'd be dead from old age if nothing else at this point.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

They'd be dead from old age if nothing else at this point.

Depends on the order. If they were the 7th, they might be as old as Gran Torino at this point.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm so happy that Deku didn't accidentally destroy his All Might collection.

Also, can't wait to see what's up with that hand.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Someone just suggested the idea that Deku may be gaining access to the other quirks of previous OFA users.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Onmi posted:

Someone just suggested the idea that Deku may be gaining access to the other quirks of previous OFA users.

:aaaaa:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Onmi posted:

I'd like to see him try to explain this away to the other kids in class.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Onmi posted:

Depends on the order. If they were the 7th, they might be as old as Gran Torino at this point.

We know they're not because Nana Shimura was the seventh. :v:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

We know they're not because Nana Shimura was the seventh. :v:

loving... right, I'm dumb. The 6th.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m pretty sure the one that’s missing is All Might because hey, he’s not dead :v:

Which is going to make it real heartwrenching when Deku does another mindscape trip and sees him start to materialize just as he’s leaving

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’m pretty sure the one that’s missing is All Might because hey, he’s not dead :v:

Which is going to make it real heartwrenching when Deku does another mindscape trip and sees him start to materialize just as he’s leaving

the one that was missing in the lineup was the first. all might was the smokey, ill-defined one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah all might is called specifically out in the previous chapter

honestly it's really weird writing to go 'one is missing...' when in the previous chapter we already saw that the brothers were facing off. it does nothing but confuse