Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
An Au Pair is a girl from another country that takes care of a family's children and then the dad bangs her or whatever. The murderous moppets are the "children" she takes care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Efb:...

quote:

au pair
/ˌō ˈper/

noun

a young foreign person, typically a woman, who helps with housework or child care in exchange for room and board.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Well yeah. I just expected there to be some second level to it like most of their pseudonyms that i wasn’t getting.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I only recently figured out the meaning behind Queen Etheria too- she's supposed to be 'ethereal' i.e ghostly and barely visible to contrast with Phantom Limb's invisible appendages, which is why everyone makes comments about how her old costume was really revealing and skanky

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Hah. Figured it was that though. And nothin' on the Sovereign I takes it?

At one point he really was Bowie, and they very nearly got Bowie to voice him, but then they couldn't and realized they couldn't keep justifying it as parody, so they came up with "he's just some shapeshifter who likes pretending to be Bowie."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Rand Brittain posted:

At one point he really was Bowie, and they very nearly got Bowie to voice him, but then they couldn't and realized they couldn't keep justifying it as parody, so they came up with "he's just some shapeshifter who likes pretending to be Bowie."

There was also an instance where they describe having someone in the OSI arrest the *real* Bowie in a bid to parade him in front of incarcerated Guild members in an episode that never panned out, in the hopes of demoralizing them or making them think he'd cracked and was spilling their secrets, only to find the guy didn't know the Sovereign was just a shapeshifter who preferred Bowie's form and he'd kidnapped the real person.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
ITS OPEN. https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/1025191334921957376?s=21

I ordered my set before posting. Sorry

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Not on board with that bonus shirt and I'm poor and I doubt I'll want all the shirts. I'll just see how things go. There's only a few shirts over the years that i really wanted.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
the bonus shirt is a spoiler lol

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Important question for those with past Shirt Club experience: Can I update my shipping address as the season progresses?

I'm moving at the end of the month, I finally want to get in on the shirty goodness but I don't want to spend $180 to get hosed by delivery problems

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, that bonus shirt is no Glorious Extra Color or I SKULL NY shirt (which got me a Go Team Venture a few days ago). Pass.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

FBS posted:

Important question for those with past Shirt Club experience: Can I update my shipping address as the season progresses?

I'm moving at the end of the month, I finally want to get in on the shirty goodness but I don't want to spend $180 to get hosed by delivery problems

Yes, I did this, and they erred on the side of too many shirts and sent me duplicates of two of them. Which all went to the correct address.

Edit: that is to say, if you talk to customer service you will get a human being answering who is reasonable in my experience

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

the bonus shirt is a spoiler lol

Am I missing something here? (About the bonus shirt) It's just Doc, Samson, Hank, Dean, Vatred and Helper?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

FBS posted:

I did the same thing and the incredibly nice person at titmouse just changed the address on the date I told them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hot drat I really love this book.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Well then. Just spent $210 bucks on venture bros poo poo in the last couple days because why not?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TK-42-1 posted:

Well then. Just spent $210 bucks on venture bros poo poo in the last couple days because why not?

When you amortize it over the 4 years it takes to produce a season, it's not too bad.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Between her face never being shown and her huge red hair I figured Anna was meant to be a reference to Sarah Bellum from the Powerpuff Girls.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Well I broke down and watched those two episodes. They're great, everyone waiting is in for a treat, and gently caress it'll be even longer until that third one lands.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Aw man I hate being poor :negative:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Remembered I was out tomorrow, so watched the first two episodes.

Sheila really needs her own code name; Dr. Mrs. The Monarch was funny, but it's run its course, although I wouldn't be surprised if it comes up this season with her being so high ranking in the guild.

I think Sovereign has a nice ring to it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Funny that Phantom Limb finally has that Guild seat he wanted for so long and is clearly in over his head, now mostly trying to appease angry supervillains and provide moral support for Sheila.

I bet Sheila's going to end up Sovereign through the time-honoured method of being the last one remaining who's actually willing to do any work.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
S7 Episode 1 free to stream: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/the-venture-bros-the-curse-of-the-haunted-problem/

Good episode, great to have the triad back.

mizbachevenim
Jul 13, 2002

If you fake the funk, your nose will grow
I also ordered the book long ago under an old address, and I immediately made a stupid excuse to pick it up with my five year old.

Tossing the book to her in the back seat while driving was a mistake.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:rip:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

mizbachevenim posted:

I also ordered the book long ago under an old address, and I immediately made a stupid excuse to pick it up with my five year old.

I'm so sorry. When's the funeral?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

mizbachevenim posted:

Kid had a good run for five years, RIP.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I somehow avoided spoilers and am really glad I did.

Rewatching a certain first season episode right now and hooooooly poo poo for a show that claims that they don’t plan things in advance they‘re either full of poo poo or do a great job with retconning.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I would say the second. These guys went thinking they were only gonna have one season. Hence killing the boys because they wanted to go out with a bang.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, that screams "let's go retcon something for larfs".

The "blinking" joke doesn't make any sense with this added context.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Coincidentally (or not, this is the Venture Bros) Aetheria is also a genus of Moth.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

God... my wife is at work and I want so badly not to TV-cheat on her... ugh... must... not... watch... until... 4PM CDT....

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's the Venture Bros, you can watch the episodes a million times. I watched the first episode since I'm just going to rewatch it on Sunday anyway. I still cant believe they went where they did.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yknow part of me genuinely thinks they had a grand idea for this show after seeing the first two episodes, but it was such a quick dropped line or two in the earlier seasons nobody would have noticed.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Servaetes posted:

Yknow part of me genuinely thinks they had a grand idea for this show after seeing the first two episodes, but it was such a quick dropped line or two in the earlier seasons nobody would have noticed.

I would agree, except that they have historically admitted that they take throw-away jokes and make them into plot points later.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I think the main reason that VB seems so well planned out and has so few, if any, plotholes despite being made up as it goes along is twofold.
First, and probably foremost, the show is incredibly character driven and all the characters are really well fleshed out and realized and Doc and Publick know how to write them. Similarly, most of the characters also have enough blank spaces in their history, at least what the audience knows of it, that there is lots and lots of room for stuff to be filled in and expanded upon>

Second, it's a comedy, so anticlimaxes and comedic swerves are okay.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to get :420: and watch the episodes tonight. I've got Venture fever and I need to watch this show like right now

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

deong posted:

Go Team Venture!: The Art and Making of The Venture Bros. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506704875/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_10VyBb8E5C9B4

sorry, found that super funny. I've not gotten there yet.

Go Team Venture \/ !!

Thank you for this link: my copy arrives tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lelandjs posted:

I somehow avoided spoilers and am really glad I did.

Rewatching a certain first season episode right now and hooooooly poo poo for a show that claims that they don’t plan things in advance they‘re either full of poo poo or do a great job with retconning.

the book is pretty explicit about how they dont plan things in advance but they're real big on digging up past references to flesh out later. captain sunshine started out as just a one off reference to someone the monarch wanted to gently caress with while in jail. the common background characters "plug face guy" and "8 bit guy" still dont have proper names and might not ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Edit: How the gently caress did post this here?

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 3, 2018