Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Look at this exciting website dedicated to Desert Storm trading cards!

http://www.desertstormcards.com/

According to that site, there are at least nine different collections are Desert Storm trading cards in addition to the three series released by Topps. Which is the right Desert Storm trading card set for you? Only one way to find out!!

I bought them already. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Pack #9

This pack marks the quarter-way point. What better way to celebrate than with a 4th Colin Powell/ Dick Cheney card?

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

These are terrifying and terrific. But mostly very scary.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Pack #10

I apologize for the blurry picture, but I was super loving excited to share this card:

I'm gonna get a nice warm sack of Desert Drink®, put on my Chocolate Chip and do a Quick Turn Burn as soon as I'm done getting a Hummer in the Trenches. It's 1991 and my future is so bright I'm going blind!!

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #10

I apologize for the blurry picture, but I was super loving excited to share this card:

I'm gonna get a nice warm sack of Desert Drink®, put on my Chocolate Chip and do a Quick Turn Burn as soon as I'm done getting a Hummer in the Trenches. It's 1991 and my future is so bright I'm going blind!!

This is intense.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #11

I think we've seen all of these before, but I'm glad to have a second Desert Storm Slang card so I can keep one in my wallet in case of emergency.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Bomb's-Eye View

gently caress

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Savage For The Winjun posted:

This was an age of sandbox type games actually gamers weren't restricted to classes like tank or caster. Pre 9.11 gaming ruled

this was early 1991, the 90's pen-and-paper rpg gaming heyday still wasn't a thing - obviously there were more open systems like GURPS and Hero System around, but this was also the height of AD&D 2E and Palladium

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
How much money do you think the DoD gave Topps to publish these?

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

How much money do you think the DoD gave Topps to publish these?

Baseball, apple pie, etc.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #12

To celebrate the 1/3 point, we get a "Stormin' Norman" Schwarzkopf card, a stealth fighter (the F-35 of its day), and a United Nations sticker! I'm going to stick this on my car to show my allegiance to my Bohemian Grove Lizard Jew Illuminati Overlords (peace be upon them).

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Gutter Phoenix posted:

To celebrate the 1/3 point, we get a "Stormin' Norman" Schwarzkopf card, a stealth fighter (the F-35 of its day), and a United Nations sticker! I'm going to stick this on my car to show my allegiance to my Bohemian Grove Lizard Jew Illuminati Overlords (peace be upon them).

You do that and the cards will wear off, and then you'll just have sticky...you know.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #13

That paratrooper card reminds me of the beginning of the 1984 classic Red Dawn where the Soviets land in rural Colorado because the movie apparently took place in an alternate universe where Russia didn't already contain vast expanses of cold, lovely, empty space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu3FRRXqazw

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

"Come and see" is a movie I would like to see, but it seems both scary and un-seeable.

Which is good because what I've read about it has lead me to believe it's about atomic devastation. And who wants to see that?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
General Yo Socks seems like a chill guy.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #14

Fun Fact: The Aardvark is known as Nature's Deathbringer™

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks a bit asymmetric.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Blessed Thread

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~

Vato posted:

"Come and see" is a movie I would like to see, but it seems both scary and un-seeable.

Which is good because what I've read about it has lead me to believe it's about atomic devastation. And who wants to see that?

the whole thing is on youtube. its the kind of movie you want to watch exactly once

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
Hmm every time we draw a Powell/Cheney we also pull a USS Wisconsin. 4 for 4 on that so far.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #15

Pack #16

Pack #17

drat you Saddam Hussein, you dastardly fiend!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

We're halfway there!

Pack #18

Phantom Warthog would be a cool name for a Motorhead cover band.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Oil or whatever you want.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the harrier is the only card so far ive seen that represents the wider coalition, i wonder if there’s a dassault hiding somewhere in one of the future packs

you should post a close up of the checklist card op so we can keep track

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo I remember having a pack of these cards growing up. I don't remember anything about it other than the display box so I appreciate what you're doing here! :cheers:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, that's probably a USMC Harrier. I don't think the RN or RAF ever flew the AV-8B model

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Phantom Warthog would be a cool name for a Motorhead cover band.

Or my penis. Built like a beast, never been seen by another human.

Solid thread Gutter!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thanks for the content op. Sticky.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

free hubcaps posted:

the harrier is the only card so far ive seen that represents the wider coalition, i wonder if there’s a dassault hiding somewhere in one of the future packs

you should post a close up of the checklist card op so we can keep track

Heavily-armored Le Cars played a major strategic role in the war, although it had to be kept hush hush at the time and Topps wasn't allowed to spill the beans.

Here's the checklist:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
"off shore loading sight"

:thunk:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #19

Pack #20

Pack #21

Pack #22

Pack #23

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
You've got plenty of those checklists my man, use one up! I want to see a tally of where you at.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #24

We're 2/3 of the way through, and the USSR has finally made its presence known among the Coalition For Peace!

Drawn by the siren song of the soviets, a cat enters the picture.

Pack #25

I was playing with the cat and apparently didn't get a picture. Have this instead:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #26

Just workin' together, stoppin' the oil's flow...

Pack #27

Pack #28

Pack #29

In the future, whenever people inevitably ask me to write a 1,000 essay on the subject What Does America Mean To Me?, I will simply show them this picture.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #30

Pack #31

Pack #32

Pack #33

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #34

Pack #35

Pack #36

And it all ends with the USA, as well it should.

But wait, there's more!

The backs of the stickers from the member nations of the Coalition For Peace form yet another coalition, except that this time its in the form of puzzle!!

The back of the UN card holds the key. It's all coming together, people. Wheels are turning. This means something.

One guy pointing a gun, one guy pointing a camera, and one guy pointing a finger. Looks like Freedom to me!!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
No drones. Voted 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

whoa