Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will join the Tekken 7 cast next?
This poll is closed.
Jaycee 14 4.70%
Lei Wulong 19 6.38%
Jack and Dragunov are all we need 16 5.37%
Chipp Zanuff 17 5.70%
Akira Yuki 10 3.36%
Jeffry McWild 11 3.69%
Pai Chan 12 4.03%
Kazuma Kiryu 45 15.10%
Shun-Di 10 3.36%
Brad Burns 12 4.03%
Goku Black 82 27.52%
When's FEXL 50 16.78%
Total: 197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Coxswain Balls posted:

So I haven't played Soul Calibur since 2 for the Gamecube. Around when did it fully complete its metamorphosis into an anime tittay game with the womens' clothes falling off as they take damage

SC4, probably. The game touted having manga artists design bonus fighters and they were all just anime tittay characters. There was no returning from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Some of these Street Fighter players are :barf:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh man Cry baby stance, that brings back memories of trolling in SC

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Coxswain Balls posted:

So I haven't played Soul Calibur since 2 for the Gamecube. Around when did it fully complete its metamorphosis into an anime tittay game with the womens' clothes falling off as they take damage

pretty sure SC2 had hella boob jiggle physics in it

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Koji Kog :love:

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

In Training posted:

Speaking of poverty, UNIST continues to be the highlight of the day and they're doing semifinals soon. drat this game is drat near perfect.

Watching Saikyo completely dissect some poor guy they were incorrectly displaying as Laim which the commentators were pronouncing as "lame" for 90% of the match before they renamed it to Liam was amazing, and then it was followed up with a literal back alley anime fight between Squish and poo poo I forget the other guy because now the match is over which was just brutal whiff punishes and back and forth clutch comebacks and if you're expecting me to remember character names or anything other than how awesome this game is to watch then I can't help you.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Coxswain Balls posted:

If you play Ivy then you don't have to worry about any of the latter

Even though her 5 outfit is way cooler

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Eej posted:

If you play Ivy then you don't have to worry about any of the latter

Even though her 5 outfit is way cooler

I actually noticed it with her first, but it took me like six matches to make sure I wasn't just imagining things because, well, Ivy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That Yoshimitsu/Ivy match was sweet. Another ring out too

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm kind of shocked that Fame is losing this.

Nevermind. Fame ended up winning. Elyon kind of choked.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 4, 2018

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Hello I made it to Top 8 in Puyo Puyo Tetris Swap and am anticipating getting eliminated immediately tomorrow.

If you've never seen pro-level Puyo Puyo I put together a spectators guide explaining match flow and the general meta
https://puyo-camp.jp/posts/57700

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

dragon enthusiast posted:

Hello I made it to Top 8 in Puyo Puyo Tetris Swap and am anticipating getting eliminated immediately tomorrow.

If you've never seen pro-level Puyo Puyo I put together a spectators guide explaining match flow and the general meta
https://puyo-camp.jp/posts/57700

Good luck bud! Watching Swap last year at work was hype as gently caress, and got my coworkers into PPT. When I got it for my Switch, downtime at work more or less became PPT Swap time, especially after we all took a buyout and our team was winding down for when we eventually disbanded. It's awesome how it's basically a fighting game in disguise, so you can get all competitive with people who would never touch a fighting game.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

SC6 is looking pretty good, I spent a ton of time just playing single player in 2,3, and 4 so even if its not great multiplayer I'll still probably get my fun out of it.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

I made a bet no one would notice until Evo was over :twisted:

But good news, there is a side tournament with 60 people and it will be streamed here.

I want the 10 minutes I spent looking for VF5 on the schedule back :colbert:

edit: best boob physics was virtua fighter 4 which had tits that blew in the wind

navier-stoked fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 4, 2018

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

watching soul calibur 6 and wondering if having ring outs would make street fighter v watchable

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

God drat Party Wolf going all beast mode with Groh

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

KOF was good and hype. Top 4 tomorrow.

Swapped over to Marvel:I top 4 out of morbid curiosity and motherfuckers are taking walks in between games and channeling the spirits for minutes at a time. It's like they keep calling the coach to the mound to stall for time but instead of baseball they're all playing arena football or a horseshoe tournament and nobody really gives a gently caress. It's fascinating.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Eat Arby's

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Coxswain Balls posted:

God drat Party Wolf going all beast mode with Groh

That was an amazing match. I'm a big fan of Party Wolf's "I'm currently under the effect of 40mg of valium" style, and I don't mean that facetiously.

Commissar Ken posted:

Swapped over to Marvel:I top 4 out of morbid curiosity and motherfuckers are taking walks in between games and channeling the spirits for minutes at a time. It's like they keep calling the coach to the mound to stall for time but instead of baseball they're all playing arena football or a horseshoe tournament and nobody really gives a gently caress. It's fascinating.

Who's got this? I've got to see this haha.

And yeah watching good Virtua Fighter 5 play is incredible.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

markgreyam posted:

That was an amazing match. I'm a big fan of Party Wolf's "I'm currently under the effect of 40mg of valium" style, and I don't mean that facetiously.

It was on evo7. A man made of pure porcelain waited patiently, reaching for his controller every time the other guy LOOKED like he was actually going to start playing. He didn't start for like another minute and a half.

Japan won.

My friend called it a worse defeat than Pearl Harbor but it's more like if they sacked Pearl Harbor and we were all "Well we weren't REALLY using those boats anyway." and still stayed out of the war.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Soul Calibur 6 looks amazing. I was already getting the game anyways but man there's a lot more going on in sc6 than anything else in the series. Game looks like a real contender based off what I saw.

*ed*

A lot more true combos and the lethal hit (crush counter) into combos in this vs older games. I think its a good step forward for the series. Plus everyone having a unique install is cool.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 4, 2018

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Commissar Ken posted:

It was on evo7. A man made of pure porcelain waited patiently, reaching for his controller every time the other guy LOOKED like he was actually going to start playing. He didn't start for like another minute and a half.

Japan won.

My friend called it a worse defeat than Pearl Harbor but it's more like if they sacked Pearl Harbor and we were all "Well we weren't REALLY using those boats anyway." and still stayed out of the war.

Awww does evo7 not save its videos :( This is like ... err another WW2 reference that I can't construct right now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What is the cost of using reversal edge? Because it looks like dumb butt RPS.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

nothing, it's basically the sc equivalent of a focus attack. it's weighted rps, As beat Bs beat Ks etc with some other options thrown in, but different characters get different rewards for successfully landing their options. example would be one character might get a launcher for successfully landing their B but only get a single hit for landing their A, whereas another character might have a weak B but their A could potentially ring out.

edit: i'm tired, it's Ks beat Bs beat As

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 4, 2018

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

chumbler posted:

Looks very easily sidestepped? Animation has slow startup.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also its the only other option you can do besides gi after being gi'd

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Looks very easily sidestepped? Animation has slow startup.

every character has a different reversal edge move with different hitboxes, also they can all be charged up to become unblockable. i'm pretty sure they have super armor as well but i might be wrong about that one

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

No salty suites or money match streams going on? I want to see some drunken shenanigans.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

sharrrk posted:

every character has a different reversal edge move with different hitboxes, also they can all be charged up to become unblockable. i'm pretty sure they have super armor as well but i might be wrong about that one

I just rewatched the Ivy vs Sophie part, and it was probably unintentional because they are not familiar with the game but dude totally hit the armour of the reversal edge, and still had time to step out of the way of its swing down and then punished the whiff.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Took forever to find the thread, call it evo next time please

Are they announcing anything

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

G SF5 trailer/Blazblue DLC/Tekken DLC/new Smash Ultimate character probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm betting ArcSys announces a new game tomorrow after GG Top 8 bc the only reason it has main stage must be bc ASW paid $$ for the prime time announce slot.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

arcsys will probably have a new game to show, they're cranking them out now. probably a new guilty gear but maybe persona

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Persona 5 Arena?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
HnK port, believe.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Persona 5 Arena?

The roster would be pretty tiny so I bet they'd bring back the P4 characters as adults

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Persona 5 Arena?

You'll never see it coming

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

markgreyam posted:

Hook it up with the pro vf5 vids bro

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

The roster would be pretty tiny so I bet they'd bring back the P4 characters as adults

Persona 4 Arena had a 50/50 split between p3 and P4, it was just a branding thing. They could probably throw a Persona 2 character in for fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I bet they use time travel or something so that they can reuse the same sprites.

• Locked thread