Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

STONE COLD 64 posted:

lacey evans will mysteriously be one of the few nxt people not aggressively mishandled when getting called up

Mysteriously?

She's a tall, muscular, blonde and ex-Army. She may as well have been created in a lab specifically to appeal to Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lacey is gonna have the Alexa Bliss career path where she does nothing of note in NXT but has like 20 title reigns on the main roster

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Lacey is gonna have the Alexa Bliss career path where she does nothing of note in NXT but has like 20 title reigns on the main roster

You are likely right I don't think she'll win the NXT title between now and her call up Lacey reported to NXT April 2016. Most likely will be part of the Wrestlemania callups as that is where her NXT contract likely ends as most are 3 years long. She could stay on longer but usually, once your NXT stint hits 3 years you are going to the main roster fairly soon. Especially now as they have so many women in the NXT:

Before anyone asks the woman beside Nikki Cross is CJ Dunning who early on decided Wrestling wasn't for her and the dude beside CJ is Terrance Jean-Jacques was released as he was charged assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.

The dude in the background is Babatunde Aiyegbusi who had a staredown with Braun in the Greatest Royal Rumble Ever match.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lacey will probably be Kairi's first feud if she wins the women's title. I'm down for that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

e: wrong thread

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a bunch of lower tier website reporting this today but I independently verified it out of personal interest. Matt Riddle has signed signed with WWE. He passed his medicals and put pen to paper.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Very much looking forward to the bro forever chants

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Advertised for tonight's NXT:

- Tommaso Ciampa talks about being the new NXT Champion

- EC3 vs Kona Reeves

- Candice LaRae vs Shayna Baszler

- Heavy Machinery vs The Mighty

- Mustache Mountain returns

Seems like its a bit early for the Candice vs Shayna match, but I think the end goal here is to get Shayna more heat heating into Brooklyn.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

- Tommaso Ciampa talks about being the new NXT Champion

I hope he does stand-up observational humor about being NXT Champion, then keeps reminding himself that nobody (especially Johnny) get the jokes because they've never been NXT Champion.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

DarkstarIV posted:

Seems like its a bit early for the Candice vs Shayna match, but I think the end goal here is to get Shayna more heat heating into Brooklyn.

It'd only really be early if there were longer term plans for Shayna to drop the belt to Candice, but it's clearly not going to be the case unless they plan to scorch the earth with Shayna and bury the entire women's division in NXT, which, um, is what usually happens on main roster.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
New episode of NXT was uploaded like an hour ago for those who don't want to wait to watch it "live". But just for safety sake, I put my thoughts on it (mainly Candice/Shayna) in spoiler tags.

Candice got in a decent amount of offense, but still lost in a pretty convincing fashion. Pretty sure she's out of the title picture as a result. Doesn't help that she's 0-2 against Shayna now. Kairi displayed a significant amount of edge as well. She was LIVID and had to be restrained by referees before she could beat the hell out of Shayna, who scurried away after taking a cheap shot at her. Hopefully that shuts anyone up who claims she doesn't have any edge or character development at all.

Kona got buried pretty much, which I am happy about because he sucks. Mustache Mountain squashed a team. And Ciampa is an awful person for mocking old people. :mad:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm tuning into nxt for the first time in a bit and man it seems like triple H or somebody really loves tag teams with facepaint.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Want that elderly woman in the front row added to the NXT title match in Brooklyn. Loved that she went from "haha, this is funny, I'm on camera" to "you know what gently caress YOU CIAMPA" in about 20 seconds.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

D.N. Nation posted:

Want that elderly woman in the front row added to the NXT title match in Brooklyn. Loved that she went from "haha, this is funny, I'm on camera" to "you know what gently caress YOU CIAMPA" in about 20 seconds.
https://twitter.com/ajsmith591
:lol: that profile rules

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1025025507031691264
Any Pitt goon interested in going on that 9/7 show? Its on a Friday

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 2, 2018

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Didn't get to watch NXT live this week and saw no discussion so I assumed it was a filler episode. Welp, it was indeed a filler episode but Keith Lee is debuting next week so I can at least see him beat up on some jobber? Anyone have any suggestions on matches of his I should watch as my primer instead?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He's got a lot from BOLA last year that are worth it if you have access to that. Lee/Dijak vs Cobb/Riddle on night one, Lee vs Dijak on night 3, and Lee vs Cobb vs Ricochet on night 3 are all great.

It just struck me that four of the five people I mentioned here are signed to NXT now.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 4, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1025436511569887232

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1025506808486658048

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Am I the only one who kinda likes Kona Reeves?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Likely yes.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

tweet my meat posted:

I'm willing to give him a chance. He's not good yet, but his manic coke face is solid. He could be like Tito and just hang around at the shallow end of the pool, but I get why he's getting a shot. He's been with NXT since 2014 and they need to give the homegrown guys some time. It doesn't say anything good that he's where he's at after that long. For him or NXT I dunno.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

tweet my meat posted:

I think I like the premise but he sucks at selling the gimmick and is boring in ring.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

tweet my meat posted:

The idea needs tweaking but I kinda like him, yeah.

On the other hand the amount of talent in NXT makes it hard to want to focus on him. He'd be good in a stable I think.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

get rid of kona reeves and transfer everything about him to roman reigns

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
But kona gets the big dog gimmick

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

God damnit I'm gonna be at a wedding during Takeover, why couldn't they have scheduled it on the 19th instead. Those jerks!

Please leave lots of entertaining posts in the live thread tia

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You're out of your mind.

You could say...that he's slighty mad..

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mainly because of my love for his opponent, Keith Lee vs Ishii should be a good hoss match.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68q34a

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

OK, I am totally sold on Keith Lee. Looking forward to more!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there was a keith lee and shane taylor vs dalton castle's boys match at wrestlecircus and keith lee pounced one of the boys deep into the third row from inside the ring it was wild

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

tweet my meat posted:

I'm the same as the others, the premise of the gimmick is solid and he has some nice mannerisms and looks. But seeing him go against EC3 really drove home that he is pretty redundant at this point.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

tweet my meat posted:

He's going to be a future world champion and star for years.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I hope they put him in a tagteam with Roman, called Roman Reeves, and crowds get confused thinking Roman is leaving.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

He's going to be a future world champion and star for years.

LMFAO.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I wonder if they’re gonna make Riddle wear shoes

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I wonder if they’re gonna make Riddle wear shoes

They didn't make Rusev wear shoes until he hosed up his ankle, so there's precedent

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

I didn't say he was going to be a good one. But he'll be one.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Strongly agree with the honorable Senator Foochs here

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What bizarro realm have I walked into where people are suddenly praising Kona Reeves? Dude is bad. His character doesn't match his personality or his in-ring behavior at all, nothing he does feels smooth, and he's just not all that fun to watch. This is, what, his third chance at some kind of gimmick on TV? He either needs to be released so he can go to Japan, Mexico, the UK, etc. and develop himself or people need to accept that he's got a very low ceiling.

Edit: I'm happy to be proven wrong if he can develop into something better, but right now I'm just not seeing it.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I've not gotten any entertainment out of anything Kona has done yet, and I'm tempted to say he should just be given the Dana Brooke treatment and moved to permanent comedy jobber, but I also remember saying the same thing about Elias. Enough people now have been great in NXT then stumbled on Raw/SD or vice-versa that I no longer feel confident judging anybody's ability.

Kona sucks on NXT but that just means he has an above-average chance of being a big player on the main shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Shut it marks

https://twitter.com/WWECorino/status/1012135900950810624

Seriously I see why Triple H or Terry Taylor would like him. Kona has that "70s heel poise" thing - which has never really panned out in the modern era.