Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Sakit's symbol is Moon

Not that I know of. I just brought a healing fairy with me and brute forced it.

Sakit: Why? I don't have any mention of that in my notes. Is it from an NPC after certain flags?
Fefnir: The weapon fairy does her best, but man the sound balance on her attacking Fefnir is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
is there an invincibility hack for this game. the combat and boss fights arent really what i like about this series

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Procrastine posted:

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Is there a wheel with the beads anywhere, or is it missing as a weird roundabout hint that the wheels themselves are irrelevant?

The wheels only exist to indicate which object is associated with which age. When you put a weight on the pedestal in the correct age, it doesn't stab you until the wheel ticks over. Unfortunately, this is barely perceptible except for the long golden age wheel.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

For people who have beaten the game.

I'm at the point where I'm just trying to seal the corridor of blood and follow the prophecy to actually finish the game but I'm having trouble doing it. How do I reach the corridor of blood in the underworld? How do I find more dissonance to max out the beherit, I already blew up typhon. What else is there to do?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

Sakit: Why? I don't have any mention of that in my notes. Is it from an NPC after certain flags?
Fefnir: The weapon fairy does her best, but man the sound balance on her attacking Fefnir is bad

sakit:he's a moon giant, there were two giant factions, moon and stars. That info is from the mausoleum of giants back in reconstructed la mulana

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

is there an invincibility hack for this game. the combat and boss fights arent really what i like about this series

If you have CheatEngine and are willing to do the work yourself... Search for your health value + two trailing zeroes. So if you have 128 health, search for 12800

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i have 10 skulls and don't know where the other two are :(

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Procrastine posted:

I honestly don't remember, as I kept all my notes in the in-game text app, and deleted them when I was done.

Agent355 posted:

I'm at the point where I'm just trying to seal the corridor of blood and follow the prophecy to actually finish the game but I'm having trouble doing it. How do I reach the corridor of blood in the underworld? How do I find more dissonance to max out the beherit, I already blew up typhon. What else is there to do?

Remember the holographic chart from the Master skull? All Corridor of Blood passages are still accessible from some other point.
Do you have the Giant's dissonance?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Reach the underworld from Shrine of the Frost Giants
Did you go to Nibiru?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

holy poo poo I could've found the gate of the dead like 10 hours ago.

:cripes:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

I honestly don't remember, as I kept all my notes in the in-game text app, and deleted them when I was done.

Remember the holographic chart from the Master skull? All Corridor of Blood passages are still accessible from some other point.
Do you have the Giant's dissonance?

Yeah I solved the sakit puzzle

Procrastine posted:

Reach the underworld from Shrine of the Frost Giants
Did you go to Nibiru?

yea, have all 12 skulls and stuff as well.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Agent355 posted:

sakit:he's a moon giant, there were two giant factions, moon and stars. That info is from the mausoleum of giants back in reconstructed la mulana

Those tablets were mostly all information from the first game so I thought they weren't important. In retrospect, I probably should have checked after knowing Sakit was important.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

Yeah I solved the sakit puzzle

yea, have all 12 skulls and stuff as well.

What does the description on your Beherit say?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Ok, last question.
Thanks to the lazy ceiling skip I killed Daji, but I can't make it onto the ledge to get up to the chest. I've seen tablets scattered around talking about a feather and, at a guess, I'm going to assume that's either a jump boost or a double jump. Do I need that or can I finagle myself up there some other way?

e: Attempting to get an enemy to damage boost me onto the ledge doesn't seem to be working, so I'm going to guess I need to come back later.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 4, 2018

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cicadas! posted:

Ok, last question.
Thanks to the lazy ceiling skip I killed Daji, but I can't make it onto the ledge to get up to the chest. I've seen tablets scattered around talking about a feather and, at a guess, I'm going to assume that's either a jump boost or a double jump. Do I need that or can I finagle myself up there some other way?

I just used the spike trap as a lift for getting up there, but you can probably wait until you get the ability to get up there on your own.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

What does the description on your Beherit say?

E: okay with the blood corridor all sealed there is a marker on the spiral boat. I've never found the other side of that 9 soul door that will get me on the boat and there are still 4 parts of the afyr prophecy I haven't used.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 4, 2018

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Do you have the Dissonance from Nibiru?

If so did you forget to grab the dissonance from Vritra's room back when you killed him, perhaps?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Just realized I spent this whole game without the gauntlet or spaulder, where were they?

Also there's a chest I never opened in Divine Fortress, in Thor's room, what do I do there?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Do you have the Dissonance from Nibiru?

If so did you forget to grab the dissonance from Vritra's room back when you killed him, perhaps?

was missing the one from nibiru thanks, whats the next step in ending the game.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

Just realized I spent this whole game without the gauntlet or spaulder, where were they?

Also there's a chest I never opened in Divine Fortress, in Thor's room, what do I do there?

Fobos gives hints to their location in the end game like Zelpud does with software.

Spaulder: key fairy in underworld, screen up and to the left of DOOOM grail
Gauntlet: Breakable ceiling in sotfg, the room where you woke up the giant who melted the ice, Berehelm?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Procrastine posted:

The spaulder is in the room in the underworld that you get to from the Doppelganger room. There's a breakable wall in the upper left, to the left of the spikes on the ceiling.
The gauntlet is in the shrine of the frost giants, behind a breakable ceiling bit above the giant statue that melts all the ice.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Agent355 posted:

was missing the one from nibiru thanks, whats the next step in ending the game.

Information
DIE

lmao

E: Even with the giant's dissonance, the Corridor of Blood in Shrine of the Frost Giants won't light up like the others. Pointing it at the Underworld. What am I missing?

Procrastine fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 4, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

dammit where is the final skull

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Agent355 posted:

Fobos gives hints to their location in the end game like Zelpud does with software.

Spaulder: key fairy in underworld, screen up and to the left of DOOOM grail
Gauntlet: Breakable ceiling in sotfg, the room where you woke up the giant who melted the ice, Berehelm?

If you've got the corridor of blood all lined up, then you need to get Heimdal to blow his horn, and find the door to the spiral boat. Boat door is...pretty arbitrarily hidden.

Tip 1:When you go by it, it'll flash and make a noise as the 9 soul door opens, even though you can't see it.

Zone:Hall of Malice

Room:The Pit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I was really hoping the giant map would show things that hadn't been collected :(

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sacrificial Toast posted:

If you've got the corridor of blood all lined up, then you need to get Heimdal to blow his horn, and find the door to the spiral boat. Boat door is...pretty arbitrarily hidden.

Tip 1:When you go by it, it'll flash and make a noise as the 9 soul door opens, even though you can't see it.

Zone:Hall of Malice

Room:The Pit

That is very arbitrary. I bet there's a tablet witha picture I didn't recognize or misidentified though. Okay one last thing maybe.

I'm on the boat. The door is open. But there's a barrier and fobos says I need to go find my dad?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

That is very arbitrary. I bet there's a tablet witha picture I didn't recognize or misidentified though. Okay one last thing maybe.

I'm on the boat. The door is open. But there's a barrier and fobos says I need to go find my dad?

Remember someone that was very excited for The End?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Remember someone that was very excited for The End?

No :saddowns:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

There is a shrine, outside of the map, you had to go there way earlier in the game.
It's not far from where you are at the moment.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

(Endgame)How do I get Heimdall to blow his horn? He won't react the the Night mantra. Why won't the Shrine of the Frost Giants Corridor of Blood form the red star like the others? Is "Destroy Typhon" important? I tried throwing bombs but nothing happens. Where the hell is La-Mulana 2?

I found Death Village finally, it was in the chest in Divine Fortress, can't believe I never tried that before.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Does the game expect you to buy ankh jewels in the store? If not can you recommend an ankh jewel that would be appropriate to pick up for the boss in Anfwyyn?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

you need every available jewel eventually

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Procrastine posted:

(Endgame)How do I get Heimdall to blow his horn? He won't react the the Night mantra. Why won't the Shrine of the Frost Giants Corridor of Blood form the red star like the others? Is "Destroy Typhon" important? I tried throwing bombs but nothing happens. Where the hell is La-Mulana 2?

I found Death Village finally, it was in the chest in Divine Fortress, can't believe I never tried that before.

Heimdall will react to night when you're ready for him to. THere must be something you haven't done. I have no idea why sotfg isn't reacting. Destroying typhon is important.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Got the proper path into the Underground, but I have no idea why it matters. It leads to basically the same area as the grail stone, and I can't go anywhere I couldn't already as far as I can see. There was a statue in a room with two small "pyramids" that disappeared, but entering the left one does nothing and entering the right one is a crusher instakill. Any hint for what I'm missing? I tried entering the "wrist guard" door (as the chalice already got removed by the door), but that just leads me to an area with a single exit that takes me out of the underground.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

There is a shrine, outside of the map, you had to go there way earlier in the game.
It's not far from where you are at the moment.

Okay that is arbitrary and I hate it but that was awesome and I love it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

ymgve posted:

Got the proper path into the Underground, but I have no idea why it matters. It leads to basically the same area as the grail stone, and I can't go anywhere I couldn't already as far as I can see. There was a statue in a room with two small "pyramids" that disappeared, but entering the left one does nothing and entering the right one is a crusher instakill. Any hint for what I'm missing? I tried entering the "wrist guard" door (as the chalice already got removed by the door), but that just leads me to an area with a single exit that takes me out of the underground.

I'm gonna save you some headache and say that the first thing you need to do is seal away Ratatoskr if you haven't already.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Now where did that no good layabout father of mine go. He ran off again.

Seriously game, I'm tired of having to randomly explore to find things.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
So there’s a room in the bottom right of the IB Corona Arsenal where there’s a Sigil I have and two switches. I’m not sure what I need to do to open the chest though, the picture is super not helpful. Do I need to do something in the room or do I need to do something elsewhere? I’ve flooded the area but not fought Jorgumand or whatever. I’m guessing this has the halo weapon, but I’m not sure.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Heimdall will react to night when you're ready for him to. THere must be something you haven't done. I have no idea why sotfg isn't reacting. Destroying typhon is important.

Destroying Typhon was easier than expected, can't believe I didn't try that earlier :v:
I think my game is bugged, though: Beherit used to say DIE, but after absorbing that dissonance is back to the normal description. Seems harmless, I hope it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

Now where did that no good layabout father of mine go. He ran off again.

Seriously game, I'm tired of having to randomly explore to find things.

Go back to where you rescued him.

You're at the home stretch now, good luck.