Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Frog Act posted:

somenoe please help me find this

Such a clip does not exist, sir. I think you must have dreamed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Laopooh posted:

Haha, that’s a blast from the past. I’m buff in Ohio now but hopefully back to the land of anime soon.

Simpson’s sugarposting is still god tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdPLknbZfGE

Hmm, no sound on these for me.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

mojo1701a posted:

The use of Darth Vader's theme as a signifier of evilness when he's introduced in one or two episodes will never not be amazing.

Agreed

also agreed that classic Burns is the best Burns

Smithers: Market research shows people see you as something of an ogre
Mr Burns: I ought to club them and eat their bones!

khwarezm posted:

Hmm, no sound on these for me.

yeah same, then I noticed the video was muted and that fixed it right up!

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 4, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I can never keep any of these American talk show hosts straight. I know Conan is the big chin guy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Booourns posted:

I like the simple little things, like the crow cawwing whenever they show the plant

I always felt that to be somewhat ominous but more kind of pathetic.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cacator posted:

Such a clip does not exist, sir. I think you must have dreamed it.

i'm positive I didn't dream it, I've seen it like a dozen times on this website I use that streams episodes constantly. its happened in the s13+ category a few times

I've been trying to find this for days it has to be real. I fuckin swear. I am gonna find it and post a clip

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

https://twitter.com/markk1914/status/1025475094884179968

Read the thread, the creator of the dud smile just found out it has become a meme.

A fun meme where the creator of the original content isn't just playing along or mildly embarrassed, will wonders ever cease?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Lmao

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
idgi

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

It's this scene where Apu calls one of those "adults only" party rooms and it's just a bunch of other sad single men on the line. Except now it's these guys from the talk show about people that look like things.

ChunksNensja
Sep 29, 2004

When in doubt, power it out.
Does anyone have the steamed hams clip where its played on a grid about 100 times at slightly different speeds and they all sync up at 'Aurora Borealis'?
It was the most beautiful thing ever and I've never been able to find it again.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

watch this one a couple times and maybe the 100 one will show up in the suggestions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMEAjTYwEew

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKDt693p8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-WqL9lsGMc

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I remember someone on a forum I used to post on like 15 years ago said that the Polish Simpsons dub is atrocious. Holy poo poo were they right.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Frog Act posted:

So in one of the newerish (last 18 years) episodes has a scene where someone, I think Bart, is watching clips of the simpsons on Hulu and its a really short clip of bart skateboarding through a town square, when mr burns shoots him with a rocket launcher and he explodes shouting "ay carumba"

its loving hilarious and i can't find it anywhere. i think it was from s18e21 "24 minutes" but I'm not sure

hello it is from episode 8 of season 23, 'The Ten-Per-Cent Solution', at about 2:45. it is not mr burns who shoots him with the rocket launcher it is in fact vladimir putin, president of russia, who shoots him

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

KoRMaK posted:

watch this one a couple times and maybe the 100 one will show up in the suggestions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMEAjTYwEew

this completely slays me every time

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

break-up breakdown posted:

hello it is from episode 8 of season 23, 'The Ten-Per-Cent Solution', at about 2:45. it is not mr burns who shoots him with the rocket launcher it is in fact vladimir putin, president of russia, who shoots him

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mak0rz posted:

I remember someone on a forum I used to post on like 15 years ago said that the Polish Simpsons dub is atrocious. Holy poo poo were they right.

In several eastern bloc countries there was (is?) the zero budget approach to dubbing where a single actor would read out a translation for each of the lines present. Absolutely no acting involved and the track is played on top of the original track so the result is a terrible, unlistenable mess!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

jyrque posted:

In several eastern bloc countries there was (is?) the zero budget approach to dubbing where a single actor would read out a translation for each of the lines present. Absolutely no acting involved and the track is played on top of the original track so the result is a terrible, unlistenable mess!

I'm starting to see the appeal of Worker and Parasite.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's not even a Cold War thing, as far as I know that's still how Polish dubbing works

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’ve stumbled upon my fair share of pirated Simpsons episodes streamed from Russian sites and they always have just some guy over the intro where the words “The Simpsons” float through the clouds he just says “SIMPSONI.” and then when bart is writing on the wall he just says something like “DA BLASTOYA CHONYA KREMSTO IRYA OLA” which I guess is the translation for whatever that episode’s blackboard gag is. Then when the show starts, yeah, it’s just that same guy talking over everyone in a flat monotone voice whether they’re kids or adults, Barney or Marge. It’s weird and I don’t understand how it doesn’t have any acting or anything at all, let alone how Russian people could ever enjoy having one man do every voice.

Mel Blanc that guy ain’t.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
yeah like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj-nq47c1gA

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Phlegmish posted:

It's not even a Cold War thing, as far as I know that's still how Polish dubbing works

Can confirm they still do it. I assume it's to save money so just one dude reads what's said, but you still hear the original track and sort of get an idea for how what is said.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

break-up breakdown posted:

oh god thank you so much dude

I thought I was going mad, but it is real and also a genuinely funny moment in an otherwise relatively disappointing episode

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I wonder if anyone can get some meme mileage out of this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9mpQe9V94E

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

When I was traveling in Europe some years ago, I enjoyed the few times I had a room with a tv at the end of the night where I could pass out watching golden era episodes with whatever language of the country I was in, trying to figure out and translate it back to English.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

seeing the simpsons with german vo on a holiday as a kid was downright traumatic, thank god i live in a country that can read

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I've been watching early episodes and it's pretty jarring how different the style is versus the new ones. It really does feel like a parody of 80s sitcom and the tone is so different from the later barrage of celebrity-centric episodes and outlandish situations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

skooma512 posted:

I've been watching early episodes and it's pretty jarring how different the style is versus the new ones. It really does feel like a parody of 80s sitcom and the tone is so different from the later barrage of celebrity-centric episodes and outlandish situations.

People have been saying this for at least 20 years

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There were a shitload of celebrity guests as early as season 4. Though the difference is they were usually taking the piss out of themselves and/or up to something really weird in the early seasons, it's the later ones that got terrible about it.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
there is a huge difference between whatever celebrity making fun of themselves and a literal lina dunham inssert

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There were a shitload of celebrity guests as early as season 4. Though the difference is they were usually taking the piss out of themselves and/or up to something really weird in the early seasons, it's the later ones that got terrible about it.

the good early celebrity cameos weren't even playing themselves half the time or were used in service of a larger plot that didn't necessarily revolve around them.

I do remember as a kid noticing that the writers would frequently have a character go "Hey look its <insert celebrity name here>" and thinking how god drat lazy that was.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

1500quidporsche posted:

the good early celebrity cameos weren't even playing themselves half the time or were used in service of a larger plot that didn't necessarily revolve around them.

Johnny Cash is one of the best celebrity guests to appear in that series and he voiced a talking dog.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

TheMostFrench posted:

I wonder if anyone can get some meme mileage out of this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9mpQe9V94E

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Mak0rz posted:

Johnny Cash is one of the best celebrity guests to appear in that series and he voiced a talking dog.

It's like with Star Trek, the best celebrity guests are the ones in the weirdest roles. Like Iggy Pop the Vorta.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the lady gaga episode fills me with feelings of dread and revulsion, and somehow the elon musk episode is actually worse. the one where the central premise is musk is a slightly overbearing best friend to homer and homer wants them to stop being friends or something, and musk plies him with genius gifts and quirky things for half an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Weren't the Gaga and Musk episodes the same season as Moe's Rag? I mean the show's been a challenge to watch for a while, but there was a stretch where it was an act of violence.