Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So between this and Steven Universe, two of the biggest animation mysteries have been solved this year.

But holy poo poo I am happy this is back. And such a strong start too. I love Pete and Billy have been taken on by Rusty, they're probably the most competent members of the organization.

I'm curious about Wide Whale having the Monarch, he wasn't in the Blue Morpho suit so he probably doesn't have him for that, probably a power play for the Guild. It was also nice to find out that Hank spying on Sirena wasn't as creepy as we might have thought, also her affections are legit where she can look past Hank being Hank and a Venture.

I knew that bacon line would be the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I wish they'd do more of Venture's vocabulary idiosyncrasies.

"I'm all out of condom."

"Eat a bacon."

There should be more of this stuff.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Next weeks thread title will be WAY better.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

twistedmentat posted:

I'm curious about Wide Whale having the Monarch, he wasn't in the Blue Morpho suit so he probably doesn't have him for that, probably a power play for the Guild. It was also nice to find out that Hank spying on Sirena wasn't as creepy as we might have thought, also her affections are legit where she can look past Hank being Hank and a Venture.

He is, in the Blue Morpho suit, he just doesn't have the hat or the mask on.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I saw the title for the 3rd episode somewhere and it looks amazing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Anyone else love how Hatred was used this episode, especially love the story he tells Hank

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Reading this thread, I'm so loving glad Venture Bros fans don't write Venture Bros.

Yeah Rusty and Jonas Sr will make up and have adventures again, oh and they'll find the REAL orb that was secretly kept safe by the Sovereign who secretly survived! :jerkbag:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I really like Jefferson's black power blackula hunting crucifix. But super nitpicky is that they had the wrong eye twitching when he was talking about his blood eye

also i completely didnt catch that helper was bringing rats to problem and i thought it was just a creepout moment

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

I love Pete and Billy have been taken on by Rusty, they're probably the most competent members of the organization.

definitely not but rusty doesn't have a very deep bench

drrockso20 posted:

Anyone else love how Hatred was used this episode, especially love the story he tells Hank

yeah he's exactly the kind of guy that would relish giving guided historical tours

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Captain is probably the most competent.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

His genuine glee at being able to curate the haunting as it happened was infectious. I wanted to learn more.

Cojawfee posted:

Captain is probably the most competent.

When he's got the tranq monkey off his back, maybe.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone else notice this animation error

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I'm curious about Wide Whale

It’s Wide Wale (as in the type of corduroy fabric)

TK-42-1 posted:

also i completely didnt catch that helper was bringing rats to problem and i thought it was just a creepout moment

:aaaaa:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Question Friend posted:

What are we to believe, that this is a magic ghost hand or something? Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Tuxedo Ted posted:

His genuine glee at being able to curate the haunting as it happened was infectious. I wanted to learn more.

When he's got the tranq monkey off his back, maybe.

A subtle bit of character growth for Hatred is the fact that we see him guiding a boy scouts troop with no issues at all, compare that to him at that movie theater a couple seasons ago

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Deathlove posted:

What are we to believe, that this is a magic ghost hand or something? Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

It’s the hand that owns the extra glove from S2E1.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Deathlove posted:

It distracted me

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Question Friend posted:

Was there any flickering of the ghostly arm? Because if there was, maybe Ghost Dad switched arms really fast during one of those flickers. "Well, the right arm and spooky voice aren't working; let's try the left arm... and the spooky voice...."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lotta modern-looking tech showing up now, all those touchscreen displays and stuff. Interesting how the show has allowed itself to float in time and setting, having been on the air for nigh on twenty fuckin years now.

E: I'm a little "eehh" at their kinda-reuse of the "I... have a lot of extensions" joke

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

NowonSA posted:

On the gif requests, naked Brock covered in blood cornering Phantom limb is always fun.

https://i.imgur.com/WyY79LF.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/vrxVWd5.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/bE1dgQv.gifv

And I'm done for the evening.

I made way too many from Victor. Echo. November. It's got a lot of good visual gags. I loved watching the series of villains enter the restroom, notice the brothers there, and sneakily sidle into one of the stalls to hide. I'll link em on a different page later.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

drrockso20 posted:

The whole Chief Justice story tickled me no end.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I love how his reaction to Jonas Venture's head being in a box is "Aw, now I have to redo the entire narration of the tour"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I guess the zeppelin that lloyd venture was on with the orb crashed into the venture millinery???

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Ted posted:

https://i.imgur.com/WyY79LF.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/vrxVWd5.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/bE1dgQv.gifv

And I'm done for the evening.

I made way too many from Victor. Echo. November. It's got a lot of good visual gags. I loved watching the series of villains enter the restroom, notice the brothers there, and sneakily sidle into one of the stalls to hide. I'll link em on a different page later.

What about Dean trying to put out the fire on Hank's pants?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

glam rock hamhock posted:

uh...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, they could do that, or take it in any number of directions. Just because it's possible for Jonas to take the same arc as JJ, that doesn't mean he has to. There are plenty of unique things they could do with him besides "lol he's dead again." If it's all for a joke, they shouldn't have brought him back in the first place.

Teasing the possibility of Jonas coming back and then denying it has been a gag on the show since the first or second season. The entirety of what could be done with him was covered so well in Rusty’s hallucination from “Careers in Science,” which is what got me hooked on the show way back when.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
After rewatching some earlier VB, I just realized Rusty's greatest achievement is going to be the best or worst thing for the upcoming episodes.

Dr. Orpheus isn't the only person who has successfully brought someone back from the dead. Especially post-Jpad explosion. :gibs:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

tarlibone posted:

Or Hank peeing off the side of the boat, making this awesome arc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

tarlibone posted:

Do you dab? I dab.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Stop saying dab!

revolther
May 27, 2008

Question Friend posted:

Along with the Jefferson Blood Eye thing, sometimes a scene in a movie or show doesn't "flow right" the angles all don't point towards the action or something else the director wants to highlight, so often they will just mirror the frame or an element.

The animation came back and everyone's running right, but the director feels like it should go the other way, edit flip flop save.

If that hand were consistent with the previous it would be pointing behind Brock in the final. so they probably flipped the layer, the alternative would be moving Brock more center which is like against rule of thirds or some poo poo. In modern cinema very little is straight on, but left or right one third.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cojawfee posted:

He is, in the Blue Morpho suit, he just doesn't have the hat or the mask on.

It looked Purple, also when Wide Wale sees Hanks shadow, he thinks its the Blue Morpho. If he has already caught The Monarch in the Blue Morpho outfit, he would know that the Monarch was him.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

It looked Purple, also when Wide Wale sees Hanks shadow, he thinks its the Blue Morpho. If he has already caught The Monarch in the Blue Morpho outfit, he would know that the Monarch was him.

Well I'm convinced!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

He's captured the Blue Morpho, but he's worried that the morpho has somehow got free and took out his guards.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Yeah, he figures morpho escaped, even calls him slippery.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He's a supervillain, he knows you don't ever take your eyes off a captured villain guarded by henchmen and expect them to be where you left them.

Funny how Wide Wale doesn't even necessarily deny that he spouts random Italian just to fit with his whole crime boss thing. I mean, he IS a supervillain, they've got to keep up the theatrics.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oof, in the part of the book that's an overview of the start of Season 4, they talk about what it's like to get under the production gun while still writing the show, and it sounds like absolute, unrelenting hell

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bust Rodd posted:

He's one of like 4-5 people that has fought Brock Sampson and lived.

A couple of the superheroes from last season, I'm lacking in who else I remember doing this.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Oof, in the part of the book that's an overview of the start of Season 4, they talk about what it's like to get under the production gun while still writing the show, and it sounds like absolute, unrelenting hell

I haven't read the book but season 4 part one has the highest ratio of episodes that I wanted to love but just feel like overstuffed turkeys to me. It makes sense that they were fighting hard to fit in as much as they could with the limited number of episodes they had.

That said now that season 4 is finished and I can watch both halves (not to mention the finale which is no joke one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen) I appreciate the episodes a great deal more especially the bits with Dermott.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I've mentioned this before, but yeah I overall really disliked Season 4, especially Operation PROM

Part of that might just be because it often felt way too serious and melancholy for it's own good(course it probably didn't help that it aired during a period where I had my first major depression caused nervous breakdown, which probably soured me on that season even more than on it's own merits)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

drrockso20 posted:

I've mentioned this before, but yeah I overall really disliked Season 4, especially Operation PROM

Part of that might just be because it often felt way too serious and melancholy for it's own good(course it probably didn't help that it aired during a period where I had my first major depression caused nervous breakdown, which probably soured me on that season even more than on it's own merits)

A lot of that episode bugged me, but I'll always love Treister's final scene with Hunter, before launching himself into space to get his pee-pee cancer fixed.