Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

First FatherDog now Kevin. Close this poo poo rear end subforum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so whats the consensus on the DJ Cejudo decision? I don't think DJ had a great fight, but I was more of the thought that Cejudo didn't really do much to take the belt off him. I mean he maintained top control for a bit, but didn't impart any great amount of damage or threaten any submissions. I have a hard time seeing him winning espc when they showed the score cards.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Waroduce posted:

so whats the consensus on the DJ Cejudo decision? I don't think DJ had a great fight, but I was more of the thought that Cejudo didn't really do much to take the belt off him. I mean he maintained top control for a bit, but didn't impart any great amount of damage or threaten any submissions. I have a hard time seeing him winning espc when they showed the score cards.

I disagreed with the decision but I am a MMMMMDJ fan.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Waroduce posted:

Disagree strongly with the decision and am not of fan of Cejudos style of fighting being awarded in current MMA judging but it seems to be a trend right now.

But as long as DJ gets the rematch I'm good and honestly DJ seems ok with how things went so I guess there's nothing to be mad about.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Waroduce posted:

I knew the bad decision was certain when buffer said the deciding vote would be Sal d'Amato.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i thought mighty mouse clearly won and ive been talkin tons of poo poo about him lately

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MM must have broke his foot and tore his ACL in rd 1 because he put up a boring rear end decision on a card full of boring rear end decisions. Yeah he outstruck cejudo and cejudo did absolutely nothing on the ground, but that was the 125lbs equivalent of wonderboy/woodley.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waroduce posted:

The decision sucked, but MM seems to have had at least one if not multiple major injuries that will sideline him for significant time, so he probably wasn't holding the belt for long after the night anyway. He'll either get a rematch when he's recovered, or move on entirely with whatever makes him happy, and because I like him I'm fine with either scenario.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

MM must have broke his foot and tore his ACL in rd 1 because he put up a boring rear end decision on a card full of boring rear end decisions. Yeah he outstruck cejudo and cejudo did absolutely nothing on the ground, but that was the 125lbs equivalent of wonderboy/woodley.

In the post fight he saidnhe broke his foot early and on one takedown defense he rolled his knee amd felt a pop and, this is a verbatim quote, "I thought, 'well there goes my left LCL'."

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mekchu posted:

In the post fight he saidnhe broke his foot early and on one takedown defense he rolled his knee amd felt a pop and, this is a verbatim quote, "I thought, 'well there goes my left LCL'."

Just gonna keep loving him up with kicks because MMA fighters are madmen.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I firmly believe Keven's pretend opinions about DJ were gospel truth and I still think he won that fight

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I legit gave it to Cejudo but also thought MM was active and better but figured it wouldn't be scored. I dunno, it's hard to explain, It's like watching 10 years of judges overvalue top control when the striking is close has basically conditioned me to agree with them even though I know its dumb because it's easier to mentally reconcile that way.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I knew the bad decision was certain when buffer said the deciding vote would be Sal d'Amato.

:same:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
sal d'amato was the only person to score bendo / frankie 2 correctly. truly a high water mark.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Waroduce posted:

By the present scoring criteria used by the CSAC Cejudo should not have won that fight. Control and aggression are only to be weighed when damage is equal.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/1026196202352791557?s=09

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

damnnnnnn

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
foot also played by eddie murphy rear end

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I broke my metacarpal once training, my hand looked like a rubber glove filled with water.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
See you on your next parachute Keven

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

TheTrend posted:

First FatherDog now Kevin. Close this poo poo rear end subforum

Duncan's gone inactive too, here and on Twitter. Close Something Awful

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cruz is medically cleared to start training again so maybe a rematch with Dillashaw will somehow happen.

Who is up for being the blood sacrifice to the gods?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
finally, the blueprint to beating dj is out: hope he’s injured and you have sal and adelaide judging

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SquirrelGrip posted:

adelaide judging

"And the winner by split decision is.... somehow Justin Scoggins...?"

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Also I can’t remember exactly but I think he got turned into an FBI informant after they found out what he was doing.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Waroduce posted:

havent seen the fight yet. Im happy for cejudo though, i was talking him up for a bit after their first fight. i think hes a strong fighter

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
excuse me .. before their first fight. or maybe it was after his fight with benevidez. anyway he had a really good performance vs someone sometime in the past

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

I.N.R.I posted:

havent seen the fight yet. Im happy for cejudo though, i was talking him up for a bit after their first fight. i think hes a strong fighter

it was a good fight and it was impressive to see cejudo manhandle dj because only cruz at 135 has been able to do that but he did lose the fight.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Waroduce posted:

so whats the consensus on the DJ Cejudo decision?

If the exact same fight had happened but it was GSP instead of DJ and whatever other welterweight contender instead of Cejudo, the judges would have scored it unanimous 60-45 for GSP.

Also Dom Cruz should stick to being a commentator because he's great at that and we don't need to watch Dillashaw shatter all the other bones Cruz hasn't already shattered while walking through the mall.

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 7, 2018

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

excuse me .. before their first fight. or maybe it was after his fight with benevidez. anyway he had a really good performance vs someone sometime in the past

IMO cejudo clearly beat Benavidez, it was a robbery like Frankie v Bendo 2. Not a ton of damage done but cejudo absolutely outlanded him 4:1 and JoeyB was just whiffing at air.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cejudo definitely has improved a lot

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

InfiniteZero posted:

If the exact same fight had happened but it was GSP instead of DJ and whatever other welterweight contender instead of Cejudo, the judges would have scored it unanimous 60-45 for GSP.

Also Dom Cruz should stick to being a commentator because he's great at that and we don't need to watch Dillashaw shatter all the other bones Cruz hasn't already shattered while walking through the mall.

Dom already schooled TJ once.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dom already schooled TJ once.

nah he got clowned and crippled. hes irrelevant outside of his dumb rear end stans

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think the title shot should go to the guy that’s been moving up the ranks with impressive finishes, Marlon Moraes, instead of the guy that lost his last fight and has been sitting out at the commentary desk for two years.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

nah he got clowned and crippled. hes irrelevant outside of his dumb rear end stans

i think he's still pretty good, but it's fairly obvious TJ would destroy him worse than cody at this point in their careers

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Morales definitely deserves it and had a real shot. He’s looked like a loving berserker lately

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dom was saying weird poo poo on Ariel’s show, like he chose to fight Cody because it was what the division needed and now it needs him to fight TJ, etc. Just seemed like a weird angle to take.

Speaking of, Ariel looks loving miserable over at ESPN.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Doesn't Ariel always look miserable unless he's talking about his shoes or some personal beef he thinks he has with a fighter

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

FishBowlRobot posted:

Speaking of, Ariel looks loving miserable over at ESPN.
good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I actually liked Cruz, but he shouldn't get a title shot off of getting insanely beat up by Cody and then sitting out for nearly two years.

Should go to Marlon next since he starched the other top contender in like 30 seconds.

• Locked thread