Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fair, Okada/Marty is a huge bright spot on the card and I don't get why people are sleeping on it. Okada in the US is fairly rare even with NJPW doing more US shows and Marty is going to be real fun with weird Okada if he's still working that. Janela vs. Page should also rock, Page has been putting on some great work in the G1. I'm not crazy about the Bucks match because I was hoping it would be Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros. In my mind that'd be the 2 top tag teams working right now facing each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Not a fan of marty

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't understand Scurl. I've only seen him in NJPW so if he has some great matches elsewhere please point me toward them. He didn't do anything to excite me in the BOSJ.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Did you watch him vs Ospreay at Sakura Genesis? Ospreay did a ton of work in that match but Marty was just as brilliant in it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gumball Gumption posted:

Fair, Okada/Marty is a huge bright spot on the card and I don't get why people are sleeping on it. Okada in the US is fairly rare even with NJPW doing more US shows and Marty is going to be real fun with weird Okada if he's still working that. Janela vs. Page should also rock, Page has been putting on some great work in the G1. I'm not crazy about the Bucks match because I was hoping it would be Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros. In my mind that'd be the 2 top tag teams working right now facing each other.

Okada hasn't had a non-NJPW affiliated singles match since his excursion.

People were looking to try and get a dream matchup out of it with someone on the indies or lucha scene.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
anyone else going to Progress @ La Boom tonight? if you got a GA ticket let's link up so we can hold down each other's spots while getting beer and whatever; it's going to be loving packed and I think all the good spots are going to be gone immediately

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Okada hasn't had a non-NJPW affiliated singles match since his excursion.

People were looking to try and get a dream matchup out of it with someone on the indies or lucha scene.

I'm guessing working with a New Japan talent was a condition of Cody et al getting him.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/TheLethalJay/status/1026921042357497857

So I guess Omega vs. Pentagon it is?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

lol

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lethal is going to lose the belt to Flip... :laffo:

(actually that will be awesome)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jordynne wins the ROH title, proving that Lethal has no problem with women :v:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Jordynne wins the ROH title, proving that Lethal has no problem with women :v:

I'd be more interested in Thicc Mama Pump as ROH champion than Lethal or anyone in the rumble

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Scurl's work doesn't really impress me as a whole. I think his superkicks are lazy looking, but that finger thing he does is neat.

The entrance is cool, tho. Even if its just the plague mask and umbrella.

I'm All In for Jordynne Grace getting a world title shot.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinwiz11 posted:

Lethal is going to lose the belt to Flip... :laffo:

(actually that will be awesome)

And then makes the main event a three-way with Cody and Aldis?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

And then makes the main event a three-way with Cody and Aldis?

lol give it up guy

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

lol give it up guy

Oh I don't give a poo poo about Flip at all or him being in the match, just the first thing that came to mind at the thought of him winning the ROH Title. I am very much not into Flip at every level.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Progress NYC rules so far, LAX vs CCK (Brookes & Gresham) is an easy MOTYC

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

abraham linksys posted:

Progress NYC rules so far, LAX vs CCK (Brookes & Gresham) is an easy MOTYC

you mean EYFBO

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I'd be more interested in Thicc Mama Pump as ROH champion than Lethal or anyone in the rumble
:same:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Gumball Gumption posted:

Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros.

I never realized how much I wanted this until right now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I never realized how much I wanted this until right now.

They’ve wrestled at least twice before

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

2 tag matches in PWG and they were in a trios match in last year's BOLA against eachother (Omega and Flamita being the third men)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Benne posted:

I'm just baffled at how many people are sleeping on Okada/Marty, as if it's not exactly the kind of cool, fresh matchup we wouldn't see otherwise (maybe in RevPro or something, but New Japan isn't booking that match anytime soon).

When did we start pretending that Marty isn't one of the best wrestlers in the world?

He's in a junior division where he's like the fifth best worker and he's got a repellent schtick, so it's easy to forget what merits he might have

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

2 tag matches in PWG and they were in a trios match in last year's BOLA against eachother (Omega and Flamita being the third men)

I think they also wrestled for The Crash

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

O poo poo I'm going to find this then!

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

coconono posted:

Scurl's work doesn't really impress me as a whole. I think his superkicks are lazy looking, but that finger thing he does is neat.

my problem with marty is that he goes from "finger snapping sociopath" to "irritating little brother" in a way that comes off as incongruous. it's like the finger snap is too gross/brutal for what his character is, a complete wiener. it's like if the honky tonk man did the pentagon armbreaker spot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think they also wrestled for The Crash

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqEs6P-1uw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

my problem with marty is that he goes from "finger snapping sociopath" to "irritating little brother" in a way that comes off as incongruous. it's like the finger snap is too gross/brutal for what his character is, a complete wiener. it's like if the honky tonk man did the pentagon armbreaker spot

he's a little weasel. I get that part. But he doesn't really work towards spots, its more like he wrestles a playlist of spots rather than chaining them together. People that he works against that get this, they can cover up by making sure their stuff looks like its a momentum shifter but when its his turn, its "we're doing the finger thing now" without it flowing in real well.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

It feels like he's regressing. When he was PROGRESS champ, he was pure weaselly motherfucker and his poo poo makes sense when it's part of a cocky heel character. But at this point, I don't really know what Marty Scurll's character is.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Here's the match where Sami won the KO-D title for free

https://twitter.com/RockstarProWres/status/1026990197718827008?s=19

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!
Was at the NYC progress show last night, was pretty awesome with the exception of the opening match. Women's match was brutal and the 6-man at the end with British Strong Style versus the kings was crazy. It's amazing how over BSS are, their merch line was huge. NXT really needs to push them as a stable soon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1027017790270722048

dragon lee is apparently on survivor mexico so lucha people say he's probably not making these shows

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1027017790270722048

dragon lee is apparently on survivor mexico so lucha people say he's probably not making these shows

probably no dragon lee and yes rich swann? also Saturday afternoon for the second day? come onnnnnnnnnnnn AAW, gimme something to work with here.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I thought that Marty did the low superkick because his back/hips are too hosed to do a regular one?

Speaking of Lee, the jumping double knee stomp thing he does is super impressive. Does anybody else use it?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TheCool69 posted:

I thought that Marty did the low superkick because his back/hips are too hosed to do a regular one?

Speaking of Lee, the jumping double knee stomp thing he does is super impressive. Does anybody else use it?

Ricochet does the meteora which looks cool, but no one does Trevor Lee's mushroom stomp as far as I know. I also like that weird mid air twisting cross body thing he does. It breaks my brain trying to figure it out

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the finger break is one of my least favorite moves in the biz

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yea ok posted:

the finger break is one of my least favorite moves in the biz

I like it better than spitting.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

me too. spitting is gross

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If he could combine the finger break with some sort of eye poke or back rake I may respect him a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so replace Marty Scurl with Mancer, got it.