Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah okay unless hes doing it to manage a way to leverage more debt (possible) i can only see this as a potential book-cooking scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i got a bone for u to scry right here big man

my in-laws have money in a large trust investment fund and every single one of their quarterly reports complete wiht "comments" from the Director is just 400-500 words of hogwash that might as well be a fuckin horoscope

im not at home or id find some choice quotes which run similar to "the market responds well to this indicator, unless, as we've seen occasionally, it doesn't."

My experience from going to an ibank/consulting feeder college is that those industries mostly exist as a sort of make-work for the modern aristocracy. The trappings of professionalism (wearing a suit, feeling busy/important while using finance lingo, etc) are basically the modern equivalent of the fancy clothes and court etiquette of centuries past.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

drat nerd way to totally skip over the whole part where it’s literally ripping off a woman telling the history of her time at the origins of Facebook which is largely ripped off for The Circle you must have got that degree from clown college

op... I'm pretty sure you haven't actually read the novel or you wouldn't be saying these mean things about it because it is not at all about the origins of facebook?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Krankenstyle posted:

shameful hitler meme

name me this pls

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

oliwan posted:

op... I'm pretty sure you haven't actually read the novel or you wouldn't be saying these mean things about it because it is not at all about the origins of facebook?

he knows what he heard he should be mad at on the internet thank you

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ytlaya posted:

My experience from going to an ibank/consulting feeder college is that those industries mostly exist as a sort of make-work for the modern aristocracy. The trappings of professionalism (wearing a suit, feeling busy/important while using finance lingo, etc) are basically the modern equivalent of the fancy clothes and court etiquette of centuries past.

tbf my current business number job, which actually directs the sale of actual products (hotel rooms), is halfway there at this point

which is why I do it from home in my underoos

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I haven’t read the graeber book about this yet but oh yeah, there are so many bullshit jobs out there it’s kind of impressive. where your job gets so abstract—okay, I guess what this organization does is necessary, and I guess they need people like me to do it, but my own personal day-to-day tasks are largely meaningless—that it’s hard to have any sort of pride about it

of course I’m sure I’d find something to bitch about if I was digging ditches too

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
If you bought calls when goons were all posting about buying puts you would now be Actually Rich as of today. Lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vox Nihili posted:

If you bought calls when goons were all posting about buying puts you would now be Actually Rich as of today. Lol

tbf taking your ball and going home from the NYSE is a pretty unpredictable move

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Does anyone here have contacts with journalists covering Tesla? I'm an international shipping analyst and I believe I've stumbled onto something sufficiently large that it could explain Musk's behavior today.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Socks4Hands posted:

Does anyone here have contacts with journalists covering Tesla? I'm an international shipping analyst and I believe I've stumbled onto something sufficiently large that it could explain Musk's behavior today.

is your source DEEZ or BOFA?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well it really is a dumb to short a stock in which bad news makes the stock price go even higher.

He only like 700 million dollars, It could be worse...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Socks4Hands posted:

On the 1% chance you're being serious, most journalists have contact information available online for circumstances such as these. Look up journalists writing about Tesla at large, reputable newspapers and email them directly.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Socks4Hands posted:

Some people you'd want to talk to are Ed Neidermeyer, Dana Hull, Lara Kolodny, and Linette Lopez.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Tesla fans purchase more shares to "own the shorts" in the same way conservatives frequently debase themselves to "own the libs." 2018 rules

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
I am serious and I've already had several signal calls with significant journalists today, but getting the word out a little more broadly is good. Article probably won't be up immediately as we're still gathering some important information and quotes.

Agronox posted:

Some people you'd want to talk to are Ed Neidermeyer, Dana Hull, Lara Kolodny, and Linette Lopez.

Thanks, already reached out to Dana.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

shiksa posted:

is your source DEEZ or BOFA?

whats tesla

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Socks4Hands posted:

Thanks, already reached out to Dana.

Good luck. If you ever feel like sharing, please email me (without going too deeply into the details if need be) at my user name @ gmail.com.

This poo poo is like a reality show for me.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i know you can't spill whatever it is socks but can you give us a hint how boned musky boy is? like on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being "backseat passenger in a flaming tesla"

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

honestly hard to know right now, but it looks rough. i'd love to throw you guys some actionable information but i need to take care of my job before scoring the sick internet cool points

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is happening in a c-spam thread

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I love this gay dead forum and hope that we all got to bear witness to the seed of a big takedown :kimchi:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Socks4Hands posted:

honestly hard to know right now, but it looks rough. i'd love to throw you guys some actionable information but i need to take care of my job before scoring the sick internet cool points

just let us know as soon as there's an article about it

we hunger

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
another win for elon

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
i won't want to have the article publicly associated with this account but I will PM people once it's published (if it's published)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

does tesla even have international supply lines? i thought their parts were sourced directly from the warehouses of other auto manufacturers

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does tesla even have international supply lines? i thought their parts were sourced directly from the warehouses of other auto manufacturers

yes, but it's not data you can access for free

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Socks4Hands posted:

i won't want to have the article publicly associated with this account but I will PM people once it's published (if it's published)

:munch:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
:munch:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Socks4Hands posted:

:yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha:

ty for your service

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

:vince:

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

godspeed, sockhandsman

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Is he planning to start building the cars out of asbestos?

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

hell yeah and don't forget to pm us please... :munch:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Boner Pill Connoisseur posted:

godspeed, sockhandsman

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Is he planning to start building the cars out of asbestos?

no the saudis bribed him to reintroduce the ford bronco

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TeslaAgnostic/status/1026966502057160711?s=19

:shrug:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Where are the owner complaints? 99.9% of online Tesla forums / post (that are not twitter short bots or wallstreetbets trash) are full of people gushing about how the Model 3 is the best car they have ever owned. Sandy Munro said he has to eat crow. People with "massive panel gaps" and "lovely paint" still love these cars, they don't care.

Bloomberg (and all other online trackers) confirms 5k+ per week, like it's not something to argue about anymore.

What level of cognitive dissonance do you have to have at this point to say Tesla is anything but a success story? Like really?

And gently caress off with this "Tesla the company succeeding or not is not relevant to the discussion". Just leave the thread. EVs don't exists today without Tesla and I will defend that to the end.

It is definitely time for Tesla owners / cheerleaders to :smug:

...lol that people like this exist

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no the saudis bribed him to reintroduce the ford bronco

checks out