Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sonic also wears white gloves and is racist too.

Not to be a killjoy, but I imagine those are all due the cartoon character conventions created by Merry Melody and Micky Mouse, which were again inspired by minstrel shows, if not straight up animated versions of them?

Tender Bender posted:

You can do it! Full nail, plus unbreakable strength (since you seem to have gotten that), you'll burst through the first stage and the final final boss doesn't really take THAT long.

And I have done the first Grimm Troupe boss, I meant that final boss as well as the other dlc boss you fight in town, who has multiple harder versions that I don't think I'll be able to get through. I've banged my head against him for hours :smith:

Oh poo poo I forgot about that guy. Once a boss can knock off more masks in one hit, I really stop caring. Like sure I can perfect it, but do I want to invest the time in doing that? But I'll get the big R. I know it's doable and it shouldn't take too long.

It's like the Celeste C-sides. I stopped at C3, I didn't check the others yet (I'm a stickler for linearity), but I just don't want to be bothered to make that much effort. You could say that after that whole ordeal the victory would end up feeling a bit hollow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sonic is a black bloc antifascist
I will hear no arguments against this

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

N64 most racist console

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm stoked that The world ends with you and Okami are getting Switch releases because I never got a chance to play them when they came out

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Beastie posted:

Storm knocked out the power as soon as I got home from work.

I was supposed to start dinner and do the laundry.

Now I will Switch.

The Nintendo Switch is perfect for thunderstorms.

My power was out for 25 hours about two weeks ago.

I played so much Octopath Traveler.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bowmore posted:

I'm stoked that The world ends with you and Okami are getting Switch releases because I never got a chance to play them when they came out

Same. TWEWY is one of the few DS classics I missed and likewise with Okami on Wii, though I hear that version is poo poo so glad I waited.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

N64 most racist console

Ah gently caress, I can't believe you've done this.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The framerate in Dead Cells starts dropping in like the first two minutes when a bunch of bats fly away. Everyone is just telling me I'm overreacting, so I don't know what to do with these feelings.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Kiranamos posted:

The framerate in Dead Cells starts dropping in like the first two minutes when a bunch of bats fly away. Everyone is just telling me I'm overreacting, so I don't know what to do with these feelings.

Cry ‘em out, man.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1026972177881427969

:byewhore:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Wooooooow, he’d been there less than a year. Good luck with that San Francisco rent on $0 income

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

zenintrude posted:

Wooooooow, he’d been there less than a year. Good luck with that San Francisco rent on $0 income

Dude was a moderately successful tuber before he got the IGN job but I can’t see him being able to go back to that now.:lol:

IGN should really give Boomstick all the ad revenue that review generated as well.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

TWEWY sounds like a pretty safe bet for me -- a lot of my favorite things this generation have been Japanese, often RPGish, often from franchises I'd never taken an interest in before, not having the right consoles or just not being aware of -- Persona 5, Nier: Automata, Yakuza 0, enjoying Octopath a lot now. Don't know much about it but that trailer looked hella stylish which has been going a long way for me.

Thinking along those lines a while ago I did wonder if Atelier would be up my alley ("Weird long-running Japanese series I've never heard of? I've liked a bunch of those so far. RPG pivoted to be about the crafting? That sounds like a cool twist on familiar mechanics.") Watched about 30 seconds of video and nope'd out of that one.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Thinking along those lines a while ago I did wonder if Atelier would be up my alley ("Weird long-running Japanese series I've never heard of? I've liked a bunch of those so far. RPG pivoted to be about the crafting? That sounds like a cool twist on familiar mechanics.") Watched about 30 seconds of video and nope'd out of that one.

Not everybody can take the hardcore stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStKiCHkHqk

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Barrel isn't even a real word anymore

and here I thought you were all about subs before dubs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got to give them credit, those barrel takes are unique.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
As someone who is easily turned off of rogue lites and not a fan of souls like games, Dead Cells kicks absolute rear end. When you get some nice weapon synergy, it's awesome. On my third round I got the freeze blast weapon and a sword that did +175% damage to frozen enemies, it was nuts and super satisfying.

It's a great "just one more go" type of game.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm enjoying dead cells. The spike traps are rear end though

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dead Cells is great until I get into a room with the purple wizard shooty guys and suddenly forget how to play and die

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hey so I hosed up in hollow knight by beating the troupe too early, any way to get all the better charms now?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Not to be a killjoy, but I imagine those are all due the cartoon character conventions created by Merry Melody and Micky Mouse, which were again inspired by minstrel shows, if not straight up animated versions of them?

Oh poo poo I forgot about that guy. Once a boss can knock off more masks in one hit, I really stop caring. Like sure I can perfect it, but do I want to invest the time in doing that? But I'll get the big R. I know it's doable and it shouldn't take too long.

It's like the Celeste C-sides. I stopped at C3, I didn't check the others yet (I'm a stickler for linearity), but I just don't want to be bothered to make that much effort. You could say that after that whole ordeal the victory would end up feeling a bit hollow.

Godspeed little bug. Soon you can rest :unsmith:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

As far as I can tell the one and only worthwhile thing about Warriors All-Stars is that every character does the barrel gag, even Lu Bu.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sonic is a black bloc antifascist
I will hear no arguments against this

Sonic is the guy who shows up to three DSA meetings before word starts getting around about him creeping on all the girls

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Computer posted:

Barrel isn't even a real word anymore

and here I thought you were all about subs before dubs

If I get FighterZ, you better believe I'm playing it with American voices. I can't deal with squeaky grandma Goku

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

captain toad is so racist that he can be racist without wearing gloves

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

If I get FighterZ, you better believe I'm playing it with American voices. I can't deal with squeaky grandma Goku

Same. DB dub is objectively better.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Any word on overcooked 2 performance?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dude was a moderately successful tuber before he got the IGN job but I can’t see him being able to go back to that now.:lol:

IGN should really give Boomstick all the ad revenue that review generated as well.

All :10bux:?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

IGN is still a big site. It was probably a few thousand dollars.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

captain toad is so racist that he can be racist without wearing gloves

If you play his voice lines backwards it becomes clear that it's the John Galt monologue

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

A lot of people here were wondering how someone could be this stupid, but this is not rare. I teach composition to college freshmen. They're required to submit all major essays to a plagiarism detection service. I still see students buy essays then submit them directly to these plagiarism detection services. Somehow, the notion of being caught just never enters their minds. I've also seen examples where the student takes something online and then changes every other word. It sounds about as awkward as you think it would, and the detection services pick it up anyway.

Though I will say that my favorite is when they pay someone to write their essays, who then plagiarizes the work from other people. I imagine the equivalent also comes up in game reviews.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

Any word on overcooked 2 performance?

I bought it today but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'll check back at some point

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. DB dub is objectively better.

do you have any idea how much money I'd pay for a DLC pack that changes all the voices to their TFS counterparts

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bleck posted:

do you have any idea how much money I'd pay for a DLC pack that changes all the voices to their TFS counterparts

$0?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yeah I don’t think they can charge for it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Argh how is The World Ends With You gonna be $60? Come on man that ain’t right.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
TWEWY being sixty dollars is painful but I'm still gonna buy it full price.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I got to the bridge boss in Dead Cells with an assassin dagger, frost blast, and wolf traps and cheezed him dead. Downright easy for once!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

HPanda posted:

A lot of people here were wondering how someone could be this stupid, but this is not rare. I teach composition to college freshmen. They're required to submit all major essays to a plagiarism detection service. I still see students buy essays then submit them directly to these plagiarism detection services. Somehow, the notion of being caught just never enters their minds. I've also seen examples where the student takes something online and then changes every other word. It sounds about as awkward as you think it would, and the detection services pick it up anyway.

Though I will say that my favorite is when they pay someone to write their essays, who then plagiarizes the work from other people. I imagine the equivalent also comes up in game reviews.

When I was a junior or senior in college, so six, seven years ago, I had a science class of all things where the professor required us all to run our reports through a plagiarism detector, and if it came back more than 10% positive on stuff that wasn't attributed, we failed (or something like that, it's been a while). We were actually able to run it through on our end multiple times and see and correct our reports before turning them in - I remember getting pissed off that I was getting false positives on some common phrases and having to reword stuff and it ending up sounding really stilted - but the point is we could see our scores before we submitted the reports. And people still got failed for plagiarizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I don’t think they can charge for it.

Yeah, they had to explicitly lay out that their Patreon isn't for DBZA and they can't take money for any of that stuff. I think they want to do a DBFZ voice pack but that'd be PC-exclusive obviously.

• Locked thread