Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Yawgmoft posted:

I would far prefer a Nu PG.

PG Ball.

Probably would be a relatively cheap kit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The preview for the next episode of Build Fighters showed off something that is definitely going to be a Gunpla

https://i.imgur.com/6paSfXm.jpg

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

The preview for the next episode of Build Fighters showed off something that is definitely going to be a Gunpla

I dunno. Too involved to be a Haro flavour, and a little too simple for an HGBD kit. I want it, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure if it's not just a throwaway joke like the Cowboy Gundam that's now appeared twice in the show now (You can see it get its poo poo wrecked during the tournament).

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Jesus gently caress. I hate the tubing on the MG Char's Zaku II 2.0. It's such a loving pain. The tubing on one half of its face is just a tad too short, so I'll have to glue it in. Also, one of the parts of its headpiece came broken so I'll have to superglue it or something. That being said: it's a nice-looking kit so far.

As a side note: finished the 3.0

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 8, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I dunno. Too involved to be a Haro flavour, and a little too simple for an HGBD kit. I want it, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure if it's not just a throwaway joke like the Cowboy Gundam that's now appeared twice in the show now (You can see it get its poo poo wrecked during the tournament).

It's gonna be Bandai's answer to the Mechatro WeGo

That Cowboy Gundam is based off the Tequila Gundam. The've done that before in the Build series, had variants of existing suits and then never do a model for it, like the abigorbine. That's a completely new robot.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Yeah I doubt Cowboy Gundam is even getting P Bandai, which is criminal because dragging around a coffin full of missiles is cool as hell

Cowboy fact: "Buckaroo" is the anglicized version of "vaquero." Most early cowboys were Mexican.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://i.imgur.com/clMm1N2.gifv

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I've tried something similar but didn't get results anywhere near that good.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Fellini was the absolute best. Every gunpla builder should aspire to be like him.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Midjack posted:

That’s too bad, I picked out one for my wife and she had a very similar reaction.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

Maybe you shouldn't have picked the Zock, then.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

chiasaur11 posted:

Maybe you shouldn't have picked the Zock, then.

"It's a Zock it's perfect for you, it's a loving aesthetic mess, but it's chest sticks out real far." followed by double finger guns.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

:golfclap:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

asterioth posted:

Incase anyone was worried that bandai didnt learn from the RG Sinanju, heres the RG Sazabi's frame:

I'm tempted to pick this up and try and make a rg miss sazabi

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Hah I knew this guy would be next.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well if you had ideas of mirroring a pair of Astray No-Names, turns out Bandai hate fun this time and one of the reviewers had the exact idea we were all thinking due to the Fenice Gundam.

The "damaged" arm has a hard-molded peg for the arm-blade instead of a wrist joint, and the 'intact' shoulder isn't symmetrical. The legs are surprisingly symmetrical though, because the exposed frameon the right leg is literally that - the armor mounts right on top of it on the left leg.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

asterioth posted:

Incase anyone was worried that bandai didnt learn from the RG Sinanju, heres the RG Sazabi's frame:

Desire to know more intensifies

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Symetrique posted:

After using mr color super clear iii + leveling thinner, I dont think I could go back to an acrylic gloss.

What ratio did you use to thin it? I've tried before and it doesn't have the same smooth gloss for panel line flow as Future.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

https://twitter.com/mitsurutenma/status/933363456161583109?lang=en

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In this case, his Gunpla was Freedom :downsrim:.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

loss.jpg tributes getting weird

Realtalk I remember seeing that a while ago and it's still good. :3:

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

MJP posted:

What ratio did you use to thin it? I've tried before and it doesn't have the same smooth gloss for panel line flow as Future.

3:1 or 4:1 leveling thinner : super clear. I do about two or three coats at around 15-18 psi. After a quick flush of the airbrush, I mist pure leveling thinner over the coats of super clear.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So it seems like there might be a major issue with the RG Sazabi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1MrNMJ760k
The part where the arms connect into the body seem to break really easily

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Re: weathering chat - Does luna titanium rust?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Re: weathering chat - Does luna titanium rust?

Real life titanium forms titanium dioxide when it corrodes which is white. It tends to form a thin layer that protects it from further corrosion like aluminum does.

I don't know if there's a lore answer about how lunar titanium works when exposed to the environment but if it works like the real stuff I'd expect it to stay pretty pristine, even in places where it has been scratched or the paint or other coating has been worn off over it.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 10, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

Real life titanium forms titanium dioxide when it corrodes which is white. It tends to form a thin layer that protects it from further corrosion like aluminum does.

I don't know if there's a lore answer about how lunar titanium works when exposed to the environment but if it works like the real stuff I'd expect it to stay pretty pristine, even in places where it has been scratched or the paint or other coating has been worn off over it.

If you need a lore reason for rusty Gundams, flying through space or debris clouds or being shot at will result in tiny iron particles becoming embedded in the surface and these can rust.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Daban is back at it, with a model kit version of the Metal Build Blue Frame Astray: http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/daban-mg-blue-astray-metal-build-metal-build-gundam

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That seems so pointless

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I wouldn't worry about whether or not a metal rusts, just that the weathering you're doing makes sense for the scale of your kit.

TaurusOxford posted:

Daban is back at it, with a model kit version of the Metal Build Blue Frame Astray: http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/daban-mg-blue-astray-metal-build-metal-build-gundam
Given that Daban actively pirates Bandai's existing model kits, and not just stuff like metal builds or redesigns of existing gundam designs, I can safely say gently caress these guys and they won't get a dime from me.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Midjack posted:

If you need a lore reason for rusty Gundams, flying through space or debris clouds or being shot at will result in tiny iron particles becoming embedded in the surface and these can rust.

Or bits of the high-tensile steel armour from Zakus it murdered :black101:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the Zeromaru, but if they're gonna do any more of these SD to regular transforming MS, they really need to figure out something better to do with the SD than just trying to hide it behind the back

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
How does one get a daban kit in the states? Ebay?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

tenderjerk posted:

How does one get a daban kit in the states? Ebay?

Ebay/http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/SamuelDecal are the major ways for most third party kits iirc

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Super Nova White Altron complete:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Altron looks way better in those colours than it does in its default colours.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like the Zeromaru, but if they're gonna do any more of these SD to regular transforming MS, they really need to figure out something better to do with the SD than just trying to hide it behind the back

Transformers solved this problem twenty years ago; Split the head in half and make them the shoulder armor.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
So I'm at Otakon and forgot that the guy who did the mecha design for FMP is a guest. I went and bought the clear ARX-7 for him to sign and for me to shadowbox.

I may have to get another to build because holy poo poo, the clear parts are super duper perfection clear.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Altron looks way better in those colours than it does in its default colours.

I like green Altron, but I do have to agree that the white somehow works better.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

TaurusOxford posted:

Super Nova White Altron complete:

The dragon head looks even more excited about the color scheme than the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
My wife kicks rear end, she bought me a 1/100 scale MG Blitz Gundam for my birthday!

Not that I’ve ever seen Gundam Seed, but it looks really sweet.