Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

Teru watched the light enveloping the other mons, and felt her own Digivice growing warm. Taking it out, she saw something in that light. She had only met her partner a few moments before, but somehow she could already feel a connection. She knew deep inside that Nyaromon had just as strong a desire to protect as she did. More than that, Teru had... faith... that Nyaromon could do it. If she just believed.

"Nyaromon, please, you have to help protect them! Digivolve!"

Swinging the Digivice around, she held it out so its warm glow bathed her Digimon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

"Nyaromon! Digivolve to...!"

"SALAMON!"

Salamon
Level: Rookie
Type: Vaccine
Power: 4
Defense: 4
Speed: 4

Analysis: Salamon is a holy Digimon whose true power hasn't awakened yet, but her Sledge Crash will still leave a mark!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Vs. Ogremon

As the light of Digivolution fades, the six newly-minted Rookie Digimon stand to face off against Ogremon. He remains fixated on Penguinmon, and rears back for another strike.

(Alright, from the top, but now you're all Rookies and can deal actual damage! Knock some sense back into Ogremon!)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Tsukishima Yuki

As the lightshow fades, Yuki takes a moment to consider her former frilled munchkin and, now, lion with a punk hairdo. Life... life comes at you fast. Still, there's no time for her to consider the metaphysical implications or how he got bigger all of a sudden: there's still a mean green giant to deal with. And, well, no better time for her partner to show his stuff, right? She calls out, "C'mon, Liollmon! Show him what you've got!"

If there was any doubt that the lion was that same tiny furball from just moments ago, it fades when it turns to give her a cocksure grin and say, "Better watch closely, goggle girl! This'll be over quick. Lio...!" Springing into action, Liollmon bounds around to Ogremon's side, then leaps! A pair of claws leave glowing lines across Ogremon's chest as Liollmon skids to a stop on the other side. "...Claw!"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 4:59 PM
@Tricky: 1d6 Hit 'em with the Lio Claw! = (3) = 3

1 damage!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 10, 2018

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Erica Shiki

Tapirmon floats before her, and it looks calmly at the flailing Ogremon before it. "Care to give me a hand, Erica? He's got to be dealt with - this is our duty." Erica responds dumbly for a moment - staring at the veritable team of child-sized creatures floating, standing, and kneeling before her. But the request makes her snap her head back into the game and she lobs the soccer ball high - high above her head - and then with a single sideways kick that launches the ball -screaming- at Ogremon!

Advantage: Attack! posted:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:35 PM
@The Great Waddler: 1d6 Athletics (Soccer) Kick that ball at his head, Erica! = (5) = 5

The ball lands, bouncing off of his head and screaming off at an angle but the moment of distraction it causes is enough. Tapirmon stares at him, balefully, and a twisting cloud of half-digested nightmare spews from his nostrils and pours over the Champion digimon!

Nightmare Syndrome! posted:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:34 PM
@The Great Waddler: 1d6 Get'm Tapirmon! = (3) = 3

Damage: 1+1 (Bonus from Moody Kid!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Mika and Tokomon Penmon

Huh, the shark pig turned into a penguin. That was something that made... some vague sort of sense? It still had the same flappy antenna bits, at least.

"Okay! Let's do this! Hit him with everything you've got!"

Penmon perked up, waving a fin. "Sure thing! Special ultimate sparkling attack - Ice Prism!"

quote:

SidekickBOT
@Leraika: 1d6 Penmon, ride the icecar = (2) = 2

He dove into the air, conjured up an icicle beneath himself, and proceeded to surf it right into Ogremon's face, slapping him twice for good measure before leaping off and hitting the ground again.

"And that's how it's done!"

((OOC note: Nerd powers activate, moving a point from defense to attack.))

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Zak

Shocked by the sudden transformation of his partner, Zak's instinct is to snap yet another picture using his cellphone. "Wow, how did you change body structure so quickly, Kunemon?! It must take a lot of energy to.." He realizes now is not the time when the large yellow insect points towards the fight. "Ahaha, right. Kunemon, go help them out!". ~"Finally, a chance to actually use some strategy in this conflict, and not just show off"~ Kunemon rears on its hind legs and let's fly a stream of silken threads crackling with electricity. ~"Electro Thread!"~

@Fewture: 1d6 Kunemon, trip him up! = (2) = 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kimiko Andersen

"Alright! Floramon, do your thing!"

"Gotcha, Kimiko!" Floramon deeply inhales, ready to let out a spray of pollen...

quote:

@Waffleman: 1d6 RAIN OF POLLEN = (5) = 5

....but only manages a small cloud.

"S-Sorry, still getting my Rookie legs."

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Vs. Ogremon

Ogremon is pushed back by the onslaught of attacks by the Digimon, as well as a soccer ball to the head, but he shows no concern for his own safety, pushing himself back into fighting position. However, the black cloud surrounding him has started to waver, and artifacting is visible as it billows. Or something like artifacting, anyway, seeing as that's a phenomenon that only occurs in digital media, not with real objects. Right?

(Ogremon's taken 7 damage, and while he's not acting like it, it sure looks like he's on the ropes!)

(EDIT: He's still focused on attacking Penguinmon.)

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 11, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Yuki calls out, "Keep it up, everyone! If we just work together, we'll make it through!" Grabbing a nice, fist-sized rock from the ground nearby, she tosses it up and down for a moment to judge its heft, then winds up and tosses it straight at Ogremon! It's a nice throw, really, and it's just plain poor luck that the monster's wild swings manage to perfectly spike the rock towards Liollmon, who was charging in for another attack.

Liollmon leaps to the side, barely dodging the rock, and cries out, "What the heck, goggles! Stop giving it more weapons!" Of course, Liollmon doesn't take much time before he's charging forward again, this time going low and slicing across Ogremon's beefy green ankles. "Lio Claw!"

quote:

SidekickBOT Today at 2:33 PM
@Tricky: 1d6 Throwing a fastball! (Effective Skill 6) = (6) = 6

Liollmon gets -1 Power!

SidekickBOT Today at 2:33 PM
@Tricky: 1d6 Lio Claw (Effective Power 3) = (3) = 3

1 damage!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

"Buddy, I got an idea - hey, ugly! Come get me, y'idiot!" she calls out, and in a brazen act, she throws a fistful of rocks at the trampling Champion to get his attention before pointing. "You can't get me, nyeh nyeh!"

Taunting Ogremon to draw his attention, if that works!

Tapirmon, on a similar wavelength, immediately spews another cloud of nightmare at the Champion - and puffs out a curl of black smoke from his nostril as it fails to do much of anything at all. And then he begins to flutter towards his Tamer, though not very quickly. "Oh bother - I don't seem to have my 'legs' beneath me yet - take care of yourself, Erica!"

Nightmare Syndrome! posted:

@The Great Waddler: 1d6 Tapirmon, attack! = (3) = 3

Tapirmon isn't the fastest tapir... posted:

@The Great Waddler: 1d6 Tapirmon, use Speed to cover me! (This ignores the +2 to Speed I get from Ogremon being slow as butts!) = (5) = 5

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak

The combined attacks of the group are having some effect on the monster, but Zak wants to decisively end things so he can sit down with everyone else and figure out where in the heck they all ended up! "Let's take him down once and for all, Kunemon!". ~"An excellent idea, Izzzaac! I'm glad we're partners!"~ with that, the insect Digimon launches itself towards Ogremon, curling up in the air so that it's moving stinger first!

@Fewture: 1d6 Let's knock him out, Kunemon! = (1) = 1. 2 damage

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

Seeing the others fighting, Teru wanted to join in, but Salamon just still looked so small and fragile compared to the massive green ogre. But then Salamon looked in Teru's eyes, and Teru saw the same desire there. The desire to protect everyone. She had to believe in her partner, like she had never believed in anything in her life. Pointing dramatically at Ogremon, she commanded:

"Salamon! Purify this evil!"

Nodding, Salamon charged at Ogremon, holy white light enveloping her small form until she was a shooting star of purifying light aimed straight at the muscular green chest of her foe!

SidekickBot posted:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:46 PM
@Getsuya: 1d6 Salamon, purify evil! = (1) = 1

3 Damage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45raM-SVVN8

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Vs. Ogremon

Changing targets following Erica's taunting, Ogremon's club connects firmly with her solar plexus, sending her reeling back, the breath knocked from her lungs. Tapirmon quickly floats to her side to make sure she's alright. Luckily, nothing seems to be broken afterwards.

The second volley of attacks from Liollmon and the others is enough to push Ogremon into a nearby tree, knocking loose a broken branch, which lands squarely on the berserk Digimon's head. The black cloud hisses out a noise like static, and slowly dissipates into dark particles, dispersing into the surrounding atmosphere. Rubbing the bump on his head, Ogremon blinks slowly and looks around.

"Ugh... feel like I got hit by a Locomon. H-hey! There weren't this many humans a second ago, no fair!"

As Ogremon protests what he seems to see as a sudden development, Liollmon moves to continue his attack, apparently unaware in the change of circumstances. Fortunately, Floramon steps between the two and begins to explain. "Ogremon, you were acting really crazy just a minute ago, just take a deep breath. And he's okay now, Liollmon, so you calm down, too!"

As Liollmon backs off to sulk, Kunemon takes over the explanation. "Digimon that are usually nice have been getting covered by some kind of black mist whenever they get too mad, and then they get really violent."

As Ogremon hears the explanation, he nods with understanding. "Sounds like what happened to my buddy, Golemon, after I ate his snacks. I had to run like crazy to get away from him! I just thought he really wanted those snacks. So what's with the humans?"

Salamon jumps in with a reply. "They're the legendary heroes of prophecy, the ones Jijimon's always talking about! They're here to save us!"

Penguinmon adds, "We should probably go see Jijimon and Babamon now, they made a camp for all the normal Digimon to stick together after their house got burned down. You should come with us, Ogremon, you'll be safer there. You might be a big bully, but I wouldn't want you to get hurt. Just don't try 'robbing' anyone else."

Ogremon shrugs his acquiescence as he nurses his assorted wounds and mumbles a weak apology in Mika's direction. The other Digimon turn back to their partners expectantly, waiting for confirmation on the current plan of action.

(Victory! Ogremon has turned back to normal! Now you can finally get some exposition answers. As the scene is over, Erica recovers 1 Stress.)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Yuki has no idea what is going on. They beat up the troll enough that it's not murderous and is kinda their friend now? Prophecy? Heroes of prophecy? This ARG or whatever those things are called is going seriously deep with lore. She walks over to Liollmon, scritching the punk lion's ears while he sulks, and says, "So where's this camp at? I mean, I don't know about you all, but I'm kind of curious as to what the heck is going on here... and it sounds like that's our best chance to figure out what's what."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

As the Digimon converse, I pull my sketchbook and pencil out of my bag and start to take some notes. This is a lot to keep track of.

"Black mist, Golemon, snacks, prophecy, Jijimon, Babamon, camp....This is a heck of a story!"

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak

Now that Ogremon has been pacified, Zac lets go of the breath he didn't even realize he was holding. He digs his phone out of his pocket, and begins to snap photos of the Digimons' new forms, as well as a few shots of human/Digimon interaction. Yuki scritchin Liollmon is a personal favorite. As he goes about this, he asks Kunemon a question or two about the creatures he assumes he'll be traveling with for the foreseeable future...

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

Teru dug into her pack and pulled out the small med-kit. Now that the monster was downed, it was time to see to everyone's wounds. She assumed there would be some, considering the violence of that combat.

"Is everyone alright? I have some bandages here, and I've been trained in first-aid."

She only half payed attention to the explanation of what was going on. It sounded like a typical fantasy show; evil force needs some heroes to defeat it. Sure. She didn't need a reason to help, she just wished it didn't need to get others involved in this danger.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

"I'm good. Um. He tried to rob me like he was Robin Hood or something and I thought it was kind of funny but I didn't have any money on me so I offered him a pack of candy instead. He, um, didn't really, like, like it all that much. So I guess this is my fault? I'm really sorry!"

Apologies said and done with, she scoots over to everyone else, though she keeps a very healthy distance from Ogremon, before turning to Erica. "And, um, sorry that you got hurt."

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

The girl - despite the heavy blow to the stomach that she took - is hunched over for only a few moments, forcing herself to suck in deep breaths of air before she straigtens with a heavy wince. "Ow...still, didn't hurt as much as it should'a," she mumbles to herself before looking around. First her sharp-eyed gaze locks onto the calming Ogremon, and then she takes a quick inventory of the rest of the kids - she was the only one battered and bruised, so that was fine.

Then her gaze drops down to the Digimon, and a little grin spreads across her face. "Y'did good, bud," she says, and her hand comes down to stroke across Tapirmon's trunk. She straightens again and Tapirmon floats upwards a bit - not that high, but enough to be at head level with the soccer star. "You uh. You shouldn't do things like that," he says, and Erica just grins. "I'll be fiiine. Don't worry, l'il guy! I'm way tougher than I look!"

quote:

[ | | | | | | | | ] E
[ | | | | | | | | | | ] T

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

LOCATION UNKNOWN

When Yuki scratches behind Liollmon's ears, he leans into it at first, but, a moment later, tenses up and hops away, looking deeply embarrassed by his initial reaction. "H-hey! What's the big idea?" Tapirmon, on the other hand, seems quite happy to accept the pat on the trunk offered by Erica. This helps lighten the mood a little as the other Digimon chuckle at the flustered Liollmon, and Salamon moves to guide the humans, saying, "Jijimon's camp is this way, follow me."

Time and distance pass uneventfully, and while the Digimon mostly suggest that this "Jijimon" would be better-suited to answering most questions, the children are able to glean a certain amount of information. First, the Digital World is, according to the Digimon, a universe that exists parallel to the real world, made entirely of computer data, and is as old as the first computer networks. However, the Digital World is not made of the literal data within people's computers, as damage to one is not reflected in the other, and the actual connection between the two is poorly-understood. The children's current location is known as Pointer Island, a fairly small, out-of-the-way location compared to the larger continents found across the Objective Sea. Digimon, the creatures the make up the vast majority of life within the Digital World, are universally sapient. Strangely, while some Digimon are numerous, analogous to a species of animal, others are wholly unique. Apparently, Jijimon and his wife, Babamon, are in this latter category, a pair of Digimon rumored to be as old as the Digital World itself. Digimon are born from eggs in a place called the Village of Beginnings, in forms even smaller than those the kids had encountered earlier. Any Digimon that's destroyed is eventually reborn there, as well. It's apparently rumored that similar villages are found elsewhere in the Digital World, as other landmasses exist, and not every Digimon on them came from Pointer Island.

The problems on the island began some several weeks ago, when something fell from the sky, crashing into the north end of the island. Since then, whenever a Digimon got angry enough, they would be possessed by some sort of dark energy, and lash out at those around them. This apparently happened to a Digimon referred to as "Mr. Piddomon", the local schoolteacher. It seems that class had been especially rowdy a few days ago, and Liollmon (Frimon, really; the Digimon make no distinction between their current and former identities, curiously) chose that moment to provoke him. The Village of Beginnings had to be evacuated to escape his rampage, but fortunately nobody was hurt. The young Digimon grow quiet at this, clearly blaming themselves for what had happened. Ogremon takes over the explanation, and while his knowledge of the Digital World at large is all but nonexistent, he's able to explain that the forests on the northern half of the island were burned down the other night. He clarifies that yes, he means the entire northern half of the island, he saw it from the rocky hill he lives on, over on the island's west side. The others add that nobody knows who started the fire, or why, but Jijimon and Babamon were forced from their homes, and several Digimon were destroyed. The whole island might have been consumed if the remaining sane Digimon hadn't come together to fight the blaze. Since then, everyone's been staying together, aside from relative outcasts like Ogremon.

It's at this point that the children notice a thin plume of smoke in the distance, evidence of a campfire. A few minutes later, they find themselves in a large clearing, filled with Digimon. The first to catch their eye is a small, red Digimon surrounded by even tinier, blobbier Digimon than the likes of Motimon or Budmon. Salamon identifies him as Elecmon, the caretaker of the Village of Beginnings, charged with safeguarding baby Digimon. Other assorted Digimon are putting together simple structures, preparing food, chopping firewood, or performing other everyday tasks for a rural, agrarian community. The Digimon lead their partners to the one finished structure in the camp, in front of which sits a large clump of hair with limbs and a walking stick topped with a cat's paw, next to an elderly woman with a broom and slate-colored skin. They practically leap from their rocking chairs as the humans approach, and excitedly greet their guests.

"Oh-ho! You've brought them! Very well done, younglings! And, uhm, you brought Ogremon, too? What a pleasant surprise...," the old man seems less than enthused about the unexpected addition to the group. "Well, where are my manners? Welcome, chosen ones! My name is Jijimon! There is much for you to do to fulfill your destinies, first y-ouch!"

Jijimon's attempt at a speech is interrupted by a whack to the noggin with his wife's broom. "Sorry about him, dearies, he can be a little excitable at times, hardly becoming of a Digimon his age. I'm Babamon, and I'm just pleased as punch to see you all! Yes, even you, Ogremon. Come in, come in, I'll put some tea on."

Babamon shuffles into the small abode, beckoning the humans to follow.

(Before anyone asks, yes, there's enough room for everyone to fit, though it'll be a tad crowded. So, this post is the last of the exposition that your Digimon partners will be spouting, for the most part, so portrayal of the Digimon is now turned over to the players.)

NPC Gallery

Elecmon

Jijimon

Babamon

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

Salamon was one of the first Digimon into the tent, but Teru paused at the entrance.

“Wait, do you think we could take this Mr. Piddomon, with the strength we have right now? These baby Digimon shouldn’t be living in tents. Children need stability.”

Salamon poked her head back out, looking up at her partner uncertainly.

“You want to go fight again already? I think some of the others might need rest...”

Teru looked guiltily at Erica and the Digimon who had taken the brunt of Ogremon’s attack. She and Salamon were basically unscathed. Blushing, she got defensive.

“I’m not asking anyone else to come,” she said, only to realize to her chagrin that she would then be asking the small Salamon to fight for her alone.

“But you’re all chosen. No one should be trying to fight alone.” Salamon said. Teru didn’t respond.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 14, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

Kimiko's been silent, busy filling her sketchpad with notes and sketches of some of the Digimon with Floramon looking over her shoulder.

"Hey, you're pretty good at that, Kimiko!"

"Oh, uh...yeah, thanks."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Yuki does her best to hide a smile at Liollmon's antics. He's a bit like some of the other players on the baseball team: excited to get attention and positive reinforcement, but too macho to admit it. He'll come around, probably. She definitely notices his ears droop when the whole mess with Mr. Piddomon is brought up and, well... she'd certainly comfort him if that is something the lion is willing to accept. She has a feeling that it isn't, though, not yet. She follows Teru and her cat — Salamon? — into the tent, Liollmon nudging Teru out of the way a bit when the girl stops in the entryway. Yuki hisses, "Liollmon! Don't be a jerk."

The lion's ears angle back as Liollmon huffs, settling into a spot on the floor on the tent, and says, "Let's get one thing straight, goggles. You may have the digivice, but all you've done so far is trip me up. Just let me take care of any digimon that want to fight, alright?"

Yuki looks a little hurt by that, surprised by the sudden jab, and crosses her arms and looks away pointedly. After a quick moment of sulking, she visibly brightens up, then wanders over to Kimiko and Floramon. She looks interested at the sketches in the book and asks, "Wow, those are really good! Are you a pro?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

"Haha, well, I guess I kinda am in the sense that I've had some stuff published, but it's not like it's my day job! At least not yet...Have you ever read Cherry Girl? The author, Hiromu Kuzuki, is my mom!"

Kimiko smiles and proudly turns her sketchbook over to Yuki, flipping through earlier pages to show off other drawings.

"Well, I dunno who that is, but you're the best artist I've ever seen, Kimiko!"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

Mika plopped herself down in a corner, close enough to Elecmon that she can stick her legs out in front of her but not close enough to scare any of the babies (she hoped). As Jijimon and Babamon warmed up for their explanation of the strange events that had been happening on the island, she took out her laptop to take notes out of habit -- and was pleasantly surprised when it actually did boot up. Interesting.

When the story finished and she'd taken all the notes she could think of, Penmon watching over her shoulder with a mystified expression on his face, she spoke up. "It'd probably make the most sense to, like, check out the thing that crashed? But that means we'll probably end up crossing paths with Mr. Piddomon. And... um, sorry for asking, buuuuut. I keep hearing something about prophecies and heroes; what's that about?"

Penmon waves a flipper. "I can answer that. The prophecy says that in a time of great need, heroes will gather and, with their partner digimon, save the world."

Mika takes this in. "And we're the heroes? I don't, like, feel super heroic."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Yuki says, "That sounds familiar... wait, wasn't there an anime of that?" She takes her time appreciating Kimiko's sketches and asks the floral digimon, "So, you're Floramon, huh? How are you two getting along?"

Liollmon perks up an ear at this, looking a little put out that he's not getting more attention and equally unaware that it's his own fault that he's not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Floramon

Floramon grins and hops up on Kimiko's shoulder.

"I haven't known her for long, but she's really nice and she has a nice hat, so I like her!"

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak and Kunemon

As the others head into the structure, Zak is sitting amongst a crowd of tiny Digimon, showing them how to build a house of cards with the deck he had in his bag. One of the babies sneezes a torrent of bubbles, and knocks the cards over, causing a wave of goggles in the crowd. Zak smiles and just starts setting up a new configuration. Kunemon scuttles over, managing to somehow convey annoyance even though it has no visible eyes. ~Zzzzak, what are you doing?! We need to go listen to Babamom and Jijimon~ it whispers in his ear. Zak turns and takes a good long look at his partner.

"I don't think they mind us taking a minute to catch our breath, and besides," he gestures at the babies around him, "before today, they had never even
seen a human before. Taking some time to show them that I'm not scary goes a long way. Every time I move to a new place or see something new, it's comforting to know that it's not dangerous, even though it's something I've never seen before." Zak locks up the scattered cards and drops them in his pocket, then adjusts the strap on his messenger bag. "I would never have tried sushi if it hadn't been for a chef who took time out of his day to answer any questions I had, and now, I love salmon roe almost as much as birthday cake! Now do you want to walk with me, or hitch a ride on my bag?"

~The bag, if you pleazze. Digivolution is a lot more tiring than I expected it to be~

@Fewture: 1d6 make friends with all the Baby digimon! = (3) = 3

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Pointer Island, Refugee Camp

As the children file into the elders' makeshift home, the baby Digimon calling happily after Zak, they're able to take seats around small table as Babamon sets out some tea and cookies, both of which prove safe for human consumption if tried. Jijimon takes a seat and yawns loudly, looking down quietly for several long moments before it becomes apparent that he's fallen asleep.

Babamon shakes her head as she notices, but decides to let him sleep for now. "Never mind him, dearies, we've all had a rough week. Don't you worry, I'll set you straight. Now, what do you know already?"

As she gathers what the humans have been informed about previously, she nods with understanding. "Good, good, that's most of it. Oh, one small detail, we consulted the old scrolls, and apparently you heroes've got a name, the 'Digidestined'. S'got a nice ring to it, don'tcha think? Now, we didn't want to get everyone all up in a panic, but there's a little more to the story. Y'see, Jijimon and I heard whoever it was that burned the forest. He was yellin' something about 'heralding his master' or some other nonsense. Sounds like whatever crashed into the island might be more than just some meteor, it might even be a Digimon, crazy as it sounds. Now, if'n it's got a follower that can set a whole forest ablaze, it's clearly nobody to trifle with. If you want to stand a chance, you'll have to master the secret of Digivolution."

Babamon waves her hands theatrically as she mentions Digivolution. "Now, Digivolving into your current forms is a nice start, but it's gonna get a lot harder from there. To reach more powerful stages, it's said that two things are required. The first is that the Digidestined must strengthen their bonds with their partners, and focus their wills. How you do that, I think you'll have to work out for y'selves. The second is crisis. Y'gotta be in a pretty tense situation to spark the light of Digivolution, y'see. Fortunately, the silver lining to all this trouble 'round the island is, we got plenty of danger to go 'round."

Babamon takes a scroll from her robes and unfurls it over the center of the table, revealing a map, presumably of Pointer Island. "This is Pointer Island, we're here, near the middle, and you all came in here, by the southern beach. Now, there's a good four Digimon we know of that have gone crazy-"

"Five! Golemon's got that black smoke stuff, too," Ogremon interrupts.

"Oh, my, I'm sorry t'hear that, Ogremon, we'll try to set him right, too. So, five Digimon have gone crazy around the island. You heard about Mr. Piddomon, he's still rampaging around the Village of Beginnings, last I heard. Golemon, he's probably still in the hills to the west of the island. North of there, there's some craggy mountains where Tuskmon's stomping about. There's Tortomon, he's down by the beach, a few miles east of where you showed up. Last is Yanmamon, he'll be tough to find since he's so fast, he's in the insect Digimon hives, a bit to the northeast, not far from the burned-out part of the forest. I think you should all split up, one each. The last of ya ought to head up to the burned-down forest, see if you can find the Digimon responsible."

Babamon fishes a crystal ball out from beneath the table, and sets it down on the map. "Now, yer all free to handle this how you think is best, you're the heroes'n all, but the least I can do is a little divination, give you some advice." Babamon appears to fall into a trance, and begins mumbling her guidance. "Hmmm, yes, I see. Tortomon's hard shell can best be cracked by nature's gifts. The enemy that awaits in the forest of ash will fall to the lion's roar. The teacher, who bears holy power, is best dealt with using the same."

Babamon comes out of her trance. "That is all I could see, though, Kunemon will probably have an easier time getting around the insect hives, bein' an insect Digimon, himself."

Ogremon pipes up again. "And I'm goin' with whoever takes on Golemon, I gotta help my buddy out!"

(Alright, now, pick your solo adventure. Despite Babamon's visions, there are no wrong answers, obviously.)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Yuki grins at Floramon's answer, "That's as good a reason as it gets, right?" She looks pointedly at Liollmon for a moment, then away just as he turns to stare at her. "A good hat, some goggles... well, it's important to have a strong accessory game."

Of course, soon enough, it comes time for Babamon to fill in the crew — the 'Digidestined,' she supposes — on the happenings around the island. And, boy, it sounds like this place is a real mess. Yuki doesn't really get the hows and whys of it all, really, but that's never stopped her before. She pipes up, "I'm sure me and Liollmon can handle whatever's lurking in the forest, but..." She considers for a moment how to phrase 'but what about you all?' without sounding rude. Nothing occurs, so she abruptly swaps tact and swerves into a new line of conversation. "What should we do if someone gets in trouble? Does anyone have something we can use to signal with?"

Liollmon, for his part, seems content catnapping. Or, at least, pretending to catnap.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

As Kimiko ponders the options, she and Floramon come to a simultaneous decision.

"We'll go to the beach! The sun will be good for Floramon anyway. That is, if no one else wants to go there."

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

Split up? Wasn't that super dangerous? Mika looked from Penmon, who looked largely unconcerned, to the others, who seemed almost eager to go.

She opened her mouth to say something, then thought better of it. Better to just go than cause an argument, right? And besides, she owed someone...

"We'll, um, like, we'll go with Ogremon, if that's okay with him? And we'll find his friend."

Leraika fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 16, 2018

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

"Well, if you think we can defeat him, I'll head for Piddomon at the village. We need to make it safe for these kids to go back home," Teru said.

"You mean we'll go," Salamon said, frowning.

Teru looked away uncomfortably. In the heat of the moment during the Ogremon battle, and bathed in the light of the Digivice, she had found the faith to send her partner out to battle. But now that things were calmer she had a hard time coming to terms with putting the cute little Digimon into harm's way again.

"Right, of course..." she said, not meeting Salamon's eyes.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak and Kunemon

After Babamon's speech, Zak and Kunemon can be seen in a corner of the room, having a vigorous, but whispered argument.
Brief snatches can be heard by the others "...I don't care what she said, I'm worried about the babies!...". ~...I thought a legendary hero would be more respectful of his...~

At Teru's announcement about heading to the Village, Kunemon lets out a quiet ~Yessszzzz~. Zak gets up and starts stalking out the door. "Yuki, if you're concerned about walking by yourself, I can accompany you until we have to split up. Meanwhile, I'll be outside letting the little Digimon know what's going on. Feel free to join me when you're done celebrating, Kunemon."

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

Erica's remained silent for most of the talk - she wasn't great at dealing with babies an it showed in a bit of discomfort evident on her face, and Tapirmon was hovering a few feet above the ground looking sheepish. As the elderly Digimon finishes speaking and everyone makes their plans, she nods after a bit and speaks up.

"I think that leaves Tuskmon for me and Tapirmon, right?" she asks, and she slowly rises to her feet. "I think we've got this - it'll be easy!" Her words are confident and she has something of a smirk upon her face, but her hands shake - very subtly - and she shoves them into her pockets.

"Uh, are you sure about that, Erica?" Tapirmon asks and she grins. "O'course! We got it, l'il guy!" she answers - and her volume makes the smaller Digimon wince a bit but he nods, and begins to hover just above her shoulder behind her. "Anything we should know before we head out?

quote:

[ | | | | | | | | ] E
[ | | | | | | | | | | ] T

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Pointer Island, Refugee Camp

As the Digidestined make their decisions, Jijimon finally wakes up. "Oh! Sorry, kids, looks like I dozed off, there! Now, where was I? Oh, yes! Now, legend has it-"

Babamon cuts him off, "I already told them, dear, they're already preparing to head out."

Jijimon looks crestfallen. "Aw, digisticks! Been waitin' to do that all week. Well, good luck to you on your journeys, and may you be successful in discovering the secrets of Digivolution."

As the Digidestined begin to leave, Zak is quickly swarmed by baby Digimon, bouncing around him like a ball pit come to life. They babble unintelligibly as they vie for prime snuggling position. Elecmon approaches, giving the quadrupedal equivalent of a helpless shrug. "Sorry about the kids, fella, they can be a real handful. Y'know, lookin' at ya, I think I got something that might be useful someday. There's another like it back in the Village of Beginnings, but this was all I could carry. Nobody's sure what they're for, they're definitely not Digimon eggs, but I just get this feeling that this one belongs with you."

As he's speaking, Elecmon trots over to where he'd been managing the baby Digimon previously and produces an egg-like object, which he brings to Zak, putting it into his hands. The egg is a vivid shade of red, with a symmetrical, but otherwise indecipherable, pattern of lines over it, and emblazoned with a symbol that looks like two circles of different sizes connected by a short line, with smaller circles inside each.

Shortly after this, Elecmon finally manages to convince his wards to leave Zak be for now, and starts setting them down for naps. With this, the Digidestined, and Ogremon, start going their separate ways.

(So, based on the geography, since I'm not a good enough artist to do a map, Mika, Erica, and Ogremon are all headed in roughly the same direction for a while, until Erica needs to cut further north. Yuki and Zak will be briefly going in the same direction, but Zak will be turning eastward not long into the trip. Teru is headed southwest, while Kimiko is headed southeast.)

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak and Kunemon

Zak is grateful he declined to bring the sweatshirt his mom had tried to get him to pack in the hotel, bc now he needd the room in his bag for Elecmon's mysterious gift. After making sure that the egg is secured, and that Kunemon is indeed following behind, he starts walking in the direction Babamon indicated. for the first quarter hour, the road is filled with silence, as Zak is lost in thought about what's ahead, and his partner is confused as to why winning an argument felt so bad for once. Arguments were made to be won! Zak clears his throat once he notices that he and Kunemon aren't alone. The goggle girl and her partner are a few paces behind, so he slows down a bit to let them catch up. He starts talking in Japanese to the girl with the lion.."So....Yuki, right? Now that things have...calmed down a bit....I thought we could actually...start getting to know each other...since we're..." he pauses for longer than usual, trying to find the right word. " stuck? in this situation together..."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko and Floramon

Kimiko heads out on her way alone, Floramon deciding to perch herself on her shoulders to get some sun.

"Hey, Kimiko!" the plant Digimon pipes up after a bit.

"Yeah, Floramon?"

"What's a manga? I know you do art, but I wanna know what kind!"

"O-Oh! Well, a manga is....well, it's when someone draws a bunch of pictures together to tell a story."

"Wow! That's super cool! I wanna read one of those!"

"Well, unfortunately, I didn't bring any here."

"Aw, shucks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Yuki says, "Yeah, I guess this game doesn't really have an off switch... or seem that much like a game, really." She gestures at the odd trees surrounding them, a bounty of meat-on-the-bone swaying in the digital breeze, and continues, "I mean, not necessarily in a bad way, right? It's not like I'm missing a lot back out there and it sounds like there's plenty of things we can do to help out around here."

Liollmon rolls his eyes, "Like you tried to help out with Ogremon, goggle girl? Leave the problems to me. My Lio Claw will sort them out, no sweat."

Yuki gives the lion a sour look, "Gee, thanks, Liollmon. I don't know what I'd do without you. Why don't you go... I don't know, scout ahead or something? I'm sure you'll see anything trying to creep up on us."

Liollmon puffs up a bit, clearly missing the undertone, and says, "Of course I will! I'm the best at scouting." He pads off ahead of the group, though he does remain within eyesight.

Yuki sighs, "So, uh, you wanted to know about me? Let's see... oh, well, I guess I'm on the baseball team. I think we've got a really good shot at going to nationals this year. I mean, it's not as big of a deal since we're not in high school yet, but I'm sure that I'll make it to Koshien one of these days." A beat, then she asks, "How about you? What's your story?"