Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Endarei 13 Early Dark Season

Recruiting swords and sacrificing mysteries were both popular. Let's recruit swords in case some assholes show up. I'm going for the max number (+7, which would bring us to 9 plus our traveling dudes if it goes perfectly) and not offering extra gifts because as badly as we need swords we're also in desperate need of everything else.

It is fine.

Dwarves in the mountains! Also, our very least favorite False Sun.

Trade caravan returned successful.

Endarei 13, Late Dark Season

Busenari, Cow Mother, is the last major food deity we don't have a shrine to and I don't want to delay to vote on a specific god to sacrifice to right now.

Calf Blessing increases the fertility of our cows, which while not as immediately useful as Milk Blessing is really great for the long term. We should seriously consider building a shrine to keep it up in perpetuity.

The walls of your story tent shudder and shake. The tent consist of embroidered bands of canvas, each chronicling a distinct generation of your clan's history. Emblems remind your elders of the great deeds your ancestors performed in the Golden City and during the exodus. Threads loose themselves from the tent fabric, forming themselves into a human-like shape. Your elders speak to the being, who claims to be Polanom, a long-dead ancestor commemorated in the saga embroidered on the tent. "Do not delay me," it intones. "I have slept too long and must count my clay jars."

Ask for a story.
Coax Polanom to ascend to the sky, to Elmal's side.
Coax Polanom to rejoin his fellows on the tent wall.
Let Polanom do as he wishes.

- Polanom fought gloriously against the forces of Chaos.
No recommendation.

- Ask him to teach us a song.
No recommendation.

- Don't let him entangle our goats.
Either coax option.

- Sacred stories help us build temples.
Ask for a story.

- Sending him to Elmal may strengthen us in war. Guiding him back into the tent may aid our magic more generally.
Anything except letting him do as he wishes.

- Don't let him entangle our goats.
Either coax option.

- If we let him run loose, the people will rightly lose confidence in us.
Anything except letting him do as he wishes.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Definitely don’t let him entangle our goats.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Weave us a tale, you're the threadman.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Back to the wall!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
”Go back to the wall! We don’t build the wall for this!” :argh:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
This is one if the reason why it took a whole year to build houses. Some random painting just decides to hops out of the wall and entangle with the sheep!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nyaa posted:

This is one if the reason why it took a whole year to build houses. Some random painting just decides to hops out of the wall and entangle with the sheep!

We haven't actually done that venture yet, but yeah, the venture existing means it takes at least a year.

Edit: I have been corrected on the concept / phrasing, it's more about being able to harness the clan's enthusiasm / spare worktime outside of subsistence agriculture.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 9, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Let him tell us a story about goat entanglement

(This style of thing where you hand the actual gameplay and only ask for votes for major decisions is probably wise if updates are going to be multiple days apart, just in the interest of the LP not lasting multiple years)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Let him tell us a story about goat entanglement

(This style of thing where you hand the actual gameplay and only ask for votes for major decisions is probably wise if updates are going to be multiple days apart, just in the interest of the LP not lasting multiple years)

It was a horrible workweek and I'm intending to have tighter updates again, but yeah, I'm leaning towards handling more of the generic month-to-month stuff myself.

Thread input on stuff like: Exploration directions if we have a little more information, definitely everything about Godplane Rituals, almost certainly ventures, maybe who to pick on and who to befriend.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 9, 2018

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Probably a wise choice, especially since a lot of that stuff is busywork. Important busywork, but not exactly interesting to vote on each time.

Also, story time!

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

Ask me about Verethragna!
:) This is one of my favourite scenes (that I drew, but also in general), nice.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

JanPospisil posted:

:) This is one of my favourite scenes (that I drew, but also in general), nice.

Looking closely at the art, Polanom must have been super important. In the background you can see a bunch of human figures who are both much smaller and embroidered with much less detail. Giving a single ancestor that much space and that much detail must mean he was a super cool dude.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Tell us a story, possibly about goats.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
DON'T entangle our goats

DO Go see Elmal

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

Ask me about Verethragna!

cheetah7071 posted:

Looking closely at the art, Polanom must have been super important. In the background you can see a bunch of human figures who are both much smaller and embroidered with much less detail. Giving a single ancestor that much space and that much detail must mean he was a super cool dude.

The text is a bit ambiguous, to me it reads like he's formed from "threads", rather than just snapping himself off. So he may have cannibalized adjacent scenes, or rearranged multiple layers (the images are layered, similarly to some felted textiles from Pazyryk) into one bigger layer.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Well, let him count his clay jars :colbert:

Wait, that's not an option. Okay, tell us a story! Preferably not about entanglement and animals.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Please resume being our wall. We needed that wall. Where will we tell stories now?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Kristopher posted:

Please resume being our wall. We needed that wall. Where will we tell stories now?

We can write them down! Nevertheless back to the wall with ye!

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

someone awful. posted:

Weave us a tale, you're the threadman.

This is definitely the best choice.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Story time, grandpa!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Story time, and what is entanglement?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

White Coke posted:

Story time, and what is entanglement?

He's made of thread. Chardenei is literally worried he'll get tangled up in the goats.

namehereguy
Nov 24, 2017
Let Polanom do as he wishes.

Nothing good comes of annoying ancestors ever.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

He's made of thread. Chardenei is literally worried he'll get tangled up in the goats.

So is Cherekem!

Edit: Cherekem is worried about the goats.

Cherekem is not made of thread.

As far as we know.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 10, 2018

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Get back on your wall, Grandpa!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Story

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Tell us a story, that we may sew it into the blank spot in our story tent. You know, the one that used to be you?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Glad to see these small outbursts of magic that you have to deal with are still a thing in this game.
I'm a bit curious about what happens if you let him go unchecked. What's the harm in him counting jars? But it doesn't seem like we're doing that so I say Return to the wall!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Cherekem is not made of thread.

As far as we know.

Yet. :tinfoil:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

"Ask him for a story" is currently leading "put him back in the wall" by 4. Update will be sometime this afternoon probably, voting's still open.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

No, you fools! His story will surely involve goats and when he acts it out he will almost certainly entangle our goats.

Think of the goats!!!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Slaan posted:

Think of the goats!!!

Oh, but I am :anime::fh:

Give us a story!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Back to the wall!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Voting is closed and I am going to have to transfer a buttload of pictures without a direct cable connection to my laptop :saddowns:

Late Storm event teaser:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 10, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Endarei 13 Late Dark Season Event

We now know the details of a new sacred story! Normally you have to get these through sacrificing for mysteries.

Rams! :argh: Trolls! :argh:

We just got the Busenari Calf Blessing, so may as well get her shrine up to get our cows to get it on.

Also, we need more trade routes. These dudes like us, aren't nearby, haven't been caravaned yet, and are next in alphabetical order.

A handful of men in your clan, from various families, have unexpectedly undergone shamanic initiation. Like most Hyaloring clans you use shamans to deal with spirits, but it's unusual to have so many initiate at once, and to the same spirit. All of their spirit helpers are giant deer, like those your hunters sometimes pursue. The new shamans tell you that they are now members both of the Blazing Goats clan and a spirit world clan called the Antler Society. They say this connection will be needed in coming dark times, when gods will abandon humanity.

- Leave the council out of it.
- Let your unease be quietly known.
- Offer them support in conducting a blessing rite.
- Condemn this strange worship.
- Commend this new worship.

- Our influence with the people depends on their mood.
No recommendation.

- People won't like it if we sacrifice wealth and get nothing for it.
Leave the council out of it.

- When we left the Golden City for a hostile new land, Yanade showed us how to talk to its spirits.
No recommendation.

- Commend their magic, or we will sprout unwanted antlers from our heads!
Commend this new worship.

- We have clan magic available, so lending support to their blessing will not cost us much.
Support their blessing rite.

- When Raven was new and strange, the Hyalorings embraced him. Sort of.
Support their blessing rite.

- They don't seem to grant fighting magic.
Leave the council out of it.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 10, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hyalor taught us to embrace new things, because in a changing world, what you need to do to survive is also changing. Having powerful spirit allies sounds helpful to me, even if we don't quite yet know how they fit in, so I say we commend them

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Hyalor taught us to embrace new things, because in a changing world, what you need to do to survive is also changing. Having powerful spirit allies sounds helpful to me, even if we don't quite yet know how they fit in, so I say we commend them

It tickles me that this happened immediately after we learned Gamari's myth.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Commend them so we don't turn into antler-heads.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We should aid the rite so that we can gain their totem and magic in the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Keep them around and mock them. Men who call themselves flaming goats are funny, especially men who don't know what goats are.