Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Just opened a gift from the Ex-Lax building. Smooth!

Thanks, aquagremlin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Teeter posted:

You can save dozens of seconds

true end game is in sight

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

pubic works project posted:

I look forward to seeing this gift in the future.

Could have sworn I sent this one to you already.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

There's a new Pokestop near me that was approved in the last few weeks. Unfortunately the reviewer didn't bother spellchecking it, so I hope you're all interested in learning about the American Heroes Plague. :doh:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

seiferguy posted:

Could have sworn I sent this one to you already.

You probably did and I just didn't pay attention.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DizzyBum posted:

There's a new Pokestop near me that was approved in the last few weeks. Unfortunately the reviewer didn't bother spellchecking it, so I hope you're all interested in learning about the American Heroes Plague. :doh:

White people?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'm easy I'll take whatever gifts you folks want to send my way, and I'm sorry if my boring Post Office is offensive but I only have about 5 stops within walking distance

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Pez posted:

I'm easy I'll take whatever gifts you folks want to send my way, and I'm sorry if my boring Post Office is offensive but I only have about 5 stops within walking distance

This.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I live in the largest historical preservation district in Oklahoma. Other than the two storey outhouse expect gifts from lots of Victorian architecture, plaques commemorating Oklahoma statehood, and churches. Oh, and old advertising murals like White Owl Cigars and Coca Cola.

Also an update on that unattainable pokestop: Niantic pretty much told me to get hosed.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I got my first Mewtwo today :dance:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Soarer posted:

I got my first Mewtwo today :dance:

Welcome to the club!

Navingating the EX Raid system is a pain at times, but I think figuring it out and helping locals get their first Mewtwo is actually pretty fun.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I'm a fan of the UK goon that keeps sending me "GIANT BEE".

I don't know how I manage to gather up so many of those but each day I'll find myself staring at my list of gifts, half of which will be that statue. :psyduck:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

If any of you keep getting postcards from a weird-rear end looking horse statue, it’s because its like ten feet from my living room window and I am extremely lazy.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's 108 degrees F and we got a hazardous weather alert.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Comrade Koba posted:

If any of you keep getting postcards from a weird-rear end looking horse statue, it’s because its like ten feet from my living room window and I am extremely lazy.

You people and your living right on top of Pokestops :argh:

I've been seeking out potential new things to submit as portals/stops recently. Our town participates in Little Free Libraries so there's a few of those I can add. There's also a modest POW memorial flagpole on my street.

I just wish I had a high enough Ingress level to do any of that.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I'm never going to get a Mewtwo and that's Okay

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

You people and your living right on top of Pokestops :argh:

The worst thing is that there’s also a gym right by my apartment, but it’s just out of reach from the inside. I actually have to get out and walk like 30 drat feet to punch a Blissey. :smith:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Finally got to evolve a Charizard!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'll be glad when I can make a stop for my wife's Keurig since it's our Starbucks

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Did they remove the feature that allowed you to look where your gift came from on google maps?

I'm sure it was there the other day but now I don't see the button for it anymore, or is it only certain stops that will let you do that?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

It's 108 degrees F and we got a hazardous weather alert.

You get them when there's a heat warning, it's 32 degrees celcius here and we have the same thing.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Teeter posted:

Hot tip: If you select a gift to send/receive, mash the X button immediately after clicking "Open" or "Send" and it will back out to the friend menu but still process the action. It skips the animation for the gift opening or postcard being sent, but you can always check the journal afterwards for a recap of what you've received. You can save dozens of seconds by powering through your friend's gifts this way.

I wish there was a sorting option for people you can send a gift to.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I soloed raids on Porygon, Mawile, and Kirlia today and I caught them all. Having a good time! :waycool:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

Did they remove the feature that allowed you to look where your gift came from on google maps?

I'm sure it was there the other day but now I don't see the button for it anymore, or is it only certain stops that will let you do that?

Tap the postcard picture to get a higher res version of it then theres a view on map button

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Kly posted:

Tap the postcard picture to get a higher res version of it then theres a view on map button

The "view on map" button isn't there for me anymore

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I just checked and its gone for me too, haha. I only found out about and tried that yesterday

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

FistEnergy posted:

Honestly I kind of thought this for a while. The EX pass was totally random. I went downtown to meet a friend for drinks after work and saw a raid so I hit it while I waited. Couple days later, ex pass comes through in the morning. I'd never even been to that gym before that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

quest reward magikarp..... praise arceus

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

FistEnergy posted:

You don’t sound ok, friend.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Well, I just found out that one of the gyms nearby is at some kind of...art shop thing? There's like 15 people that work there and play Pogo. They've created a schedule of when each team is allowed to hold the gym to guarantee them coins during the week.

If an outsider of the wrong team knocks the gym down, the two other teams dogpile it immediately and turn it gray.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Beastyfella posted:

Well, I just found out that one of the gyms nearby is at some kind of...art shop thing? There's like 15 people that work there and play Pogo. They've created a schedule of when each team is allowed to hold the gym to guarantee them coins during the week.

If an outsider of the wrong team knocks the gym down, the two other teams dogpile it immediately and turn it gray.

gently caress yeah.

I think I said it before in here, our Discord has a channel for asking others to knock your pokemon out of gyms. It's great

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Just got a Go-Tcha and I am thrilled. I feel like an commercial scale pokemon fisher, dragging my long-line nets everywhere I go.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Socks4Hands posted:

Just got a Go-Tcha and I am thrilled. I feel like an commercial scale pokemon fisher, dragging my long-line nets everywhere I go.

It's very good.

Apparently Niantic added in some Go+ internal debugging tools with the latest update. Hopefully we'll see improved performance with the Go+ and the Gotcha in later updates.

I just wish they'd increase the 1 hour timeout, or let you set the time yourself.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

DizzyBum posted:

It's very good.

Apparently Niantic added in some Go+ internal debugging tools with the latest update. Hopefully we'll see improved performance with the Go+ and the Gotcha in later updates.

I just wish they'd increase the 1 hour timeout, or let you set the time yourself.

Isn't that time out baked into bluetooth for phones?

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Nope, that's definitely something deliberate by Niantic. Bluetooth headsets and sensors will stay paired with a phone for multiple hours (or until their batteries run flat :v:).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
All my level 4 raids near me are tyranitar. Which is all cool and good, but I really want that spooky marowak :smith:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

seiferguy posted:

All my level 4 raids near me are tyranitar. Which is all cool and good, but I really want that spooky marowak :smith:

That's missing for me too. I went up to Seattle for a concert today and totally spaced opening gifts and quests for the first time ever, but I did manage to hit the stop by my house and caught something with the plus so those steaks are alive...

Apparently cell service on the ferry sucks now.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Comrade Koba posted:

I work right on top of a gym, so on weekdays people will be getting a neverending stream of gifts from that one. I have been on vacation lately so I have been sending gifts from around where I live. But I'm going back to work this Monday :hehe:

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
I probably raked in 300 pokemon today, mostly Mankey, Ekans, and Snubbul. The autocatch feature is honestly insane, and I'm getting so much stardust it's incredible. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

This was my first community day and it was pretty cool. I caught 151 Eevees (KANTO4LIFE) and 7 were shiney but they were all pretty terrible IV wise, best two were in the 70s and everything else was below 50 lol

• Locked thread