Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Kinda excited to see Meiko Satomura tear some people apart.

Am I correct in assuming that this will air on the stream one episode a week before being archived instead of the batch upload of last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Auritech posted:

Kinda excited to see Meiko Satomura tear some people apart.

Am I correct in assuming that this will air on the stream one episode a week before being archived instead of the batch upload of last year?

Yeah. It'll start in early September, although the Bracketology is on August 29th.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wow, Beth sounding a little salty about Jessie Elaban on the roll call video: "She's cute :rolleyes:" as Renee's reading off their little soundbites about her.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Nixon potentially winning the whole thing is interesting.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If they’re smart, they’ll have a babyface win the MYC and then take the belt off of Shayna at the November Takeover

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

If they’re smart, they’ll have a babyface win the MYC and then take the belt off of Shayna at the November Takeover

That's just Kairi Sane

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah, it'll likely be Kairi Sane at Brooklyn. They haven't put forth the effort to build up any more babyfaces, but are focusing more on giving wins/promo time to Bianca and Lacey, who are heels. If Shayna goes over Kairi at Brooklyn, the NXT Women's Division is going to be in a bad spot. It's more likely that Kairi wins, and they extend the feud until Evolution, where she sends Shayna to the main roster.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wouldn't that be three wins over Shayna then?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Wouldn't that be three wins over Shayna then?

Yeah, if Kairi beats her at Brooklyn and Evolution.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah. It'll start in early September, although the Bracketology is on August 29th.

Makes sense from a timing standpoint if the final is at Evolution.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They taped the first round tonight with 4 matches each episode.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
MYC II Spoiler

Tegan Nox broke her leg in her quarterfinal match against Rhea Ripley. Her WWE career is cursed.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao
https://twitter.com/ItsGrammarian/status/1027996835275853825?s=19

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

TheHock posted:

MYC II Spoiler

Tegan Nox broke her leg in her quarterfinal match against Rhea Ripley. Her WWE career is cursed.

Is that really a spoiler at this point? She's been talking about it on social media and it's being reported pretty much everywhere including ESPN.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Wait, they have 13 year old wrestlers?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

^^^they have an entire division for under 18 wrestlers.

its back up, along with the cover, which I will not link.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Yes. That's not too uncommon in Japan. I guess over there its viewed as a hobby/way to keep out of trouble. And when she was head trainer, Fuka's policy on hiring people was she would pick up any woman who wanted to get into wrestling and train them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Pretty much all the women's wrestling promotions do in Japan. Stardom is the only one that makes them pose in bikinis though AFAIK.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty common to start that young in Europe too.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

They have girls (no other way of putting that) around 11-12 working dark matches, particularly on the Shin-Kiba shows. I'm not comfortable watching them, even if they're generally harmless. AZM debuted after just turning 11 and is only 15 now. Bikini photo shoots are a bit much for me and I'm going to stay far away from that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It doesn't help that Rossy is usually around for the more gravure related stuff as well. When he really shouldn't be. I mean Io did state in her blog that she was uncomfortable in her last gravure photoshoot before leaving STARDOM. But that may have less to do with Rossy and more to do with the fact that before that point, Kris Wolf handled all the photography for STARDOM.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no wonder Kris Wolf loves butts so much.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Is that really a spoiler at this point? She's been talking about it on social media and it's being reported pretty much everywhere including ESPN.

I'll concede the point, but I know plenty of people that are studiously avoiding anything to do with MYC spoilers, to the point of unfollowing the participants on social media until after the shows start airing, so better safe than sorry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The spoiler decided that match so I guess it's still worth hiding.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

no wonder Kris Wolf loves butts so much.

Kris Wolf seems so cool and good. I hope she is.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

triplexpac posted:

I've never heard a bad thing said about her anywhere, by anyone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Other than not being the most responsible about visa issues and keeping Stardom’s Office in the loop(which may have been intentional), she’s the best.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SMASH is doing their all women CANUSA Classic show the night before WWE Evolution. Would not be a bad weekend to go to both...

https://twitter.com/smashwrestling/status/1027947744759926784

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I hope Smash tries a little harder for CanUSA this year. Last year's lineup sucked rear end.

Also, I can confirm Kris Wolf is about the coolest person in wrestling. Legit no one has a bad thing to say about her.

Cory Lidle fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 11, 2018

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

I hope Smash tries a little harder for CanUSA this year. Last year's lineup sucked rear end.

Also, I can confirm Kris Wolf is about the coolest person in wrestling. Legit no one has a bad thing to say about her.

This sucked? Looks pretty good to me.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Other than not being the most responsible about visa issues and keeping Stardom’s Office in the loop(which may have been intentional), she’s the best.

She's scatterbrained and ADD as all hell but she was legit hosed over on that one.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvFXwQeFEDY

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

She's scatterbrained and ADD as all hell but she was legit hosed over on that one.

From what little she has said, basically her workplace let her go (they were handling her visa at the time), and STARDOM pretty much told her to gently caress off when she asked them to renew her visa (they didn't want to pay her visa fees, plus she wasn't getting paid a lot already). She doesn't seem to like talking about it in interviews, but that's her story pretty much. Stardom didn't dispute it either.

Speaking of contracts/visas. Hey Rovert, I have been seeing a rumor going around for a few months about Asuka's contract being up in September. Any truth to that? I find it hard to believe considering she is one of the main talents advertised for Evolution, but still.

If she were to walk out or opt not to renew, I wouldn't hold it against her considering the awful state of the main roster women's division right now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

would be a strange time for her to start expecting it to be good

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Super No Vacancy posted:

would be a strange time for her to start expecting it to be good

Eh I don't think its that, just that her contract is supposedly up this year since she joined NXT in 2015. And its kind of hard to fault her if she decides to not sign a new deal considering it seems Vince has decided the only way you will get an actual decent title run/be treated with respect (and generally not booked like poo poo) as a female main roster member is if you are white and blonde.

For reference, here are the list of women who have the most combined days as champion:

Alexa just hit 500 days today. It's very hard to argue that the main roster doesn't have a diversity problem when it comes to their female champions.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 11, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i cant believe vince made his terrible women’s division slightly less bad than it has been for 100 years

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Asuka was fine on RAW, but she's been left to waste on SD. It's a shame, but I don't think she is gonna leave.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh gently caress, I HATE Elaban already. I hope to god this is a gimmick they gave her, even if that would basically be another CJ Parker/Adam Rose situation.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Oh gently caress, I HATE Elaban already. I hope to god this is a gimmick they gave her, even if that would basically be another CJ Parker/Adam Rose situation.

Yeah, I wasn't really impressed wit her matches at MYC. The gimmick is too forced. Maybe, like Bayley did, it will evolve into something better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asuka should just start telling people she's Ric Flair's daughter.

He was around for as much of her childhood as he was Charlotte's.