Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just want to watch Alexa discover she has arm-bar immunity due to her mutant joints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Also I dunno if WWE can resist the urge to potentially run Charlotte/Becky vs Sasha/Bayley for the rumored women's tag titles at Evolution. I can't think of a bigger match otherwise if those titles are introduced.

Charlotte/Becky vs Sasha/Bayley vs Carmella/Alexa

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Charlotte/Becky vs Sasha/Bayley vs Carmella/Alexa

That would require Carmella to drop the title before then. And if she walks out of Summerslam as champion, the only person that's really left to feud with her is Naomi. And jesus those matches would be dire (Naomi can't carry people at all).

...So it'll happen because WWE doesn't give a poo poo about quality in the women's division.

That being said, I do find it amusing that the RAW and Smackdown Women's Title matches at Evolution are very likely going to be blown out of the water by the MYC finals and the NXT Women's Title match when it comes to overall quality (storytelling and in ring quality). Not to mention whatever else may be put on the card.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 11, 2018

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lumbermouth posted:

Punk is a perfect example of someone who absolutely refuses to deal with their own trauma, to the detriment of every friend he has.

Didn't it come out that a lot of the "traumatic" stories he liked to tell about his childhood were absolute horseshit?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I was really sympathetic towards Punk because I kind of went through a similar work situation, the Colt podcast came out like the day I was let go and it it was honestly really helpful to me. I had to distance myself from close friends I worked with until "the matter was resolved" so I cut him a lot of slack but yeah if that's all true I'm done defending the guy.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Timby posted:

Didn't it come out that a lot of the "traumatic" stories he liked to tell about his childhood were absolute horseshit?

I can’t comment on that but I can say he was raised in Lockport, which is NOT Chicago. We’ve been bamboozled! :mad:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Paige is teasing Mandy vs Sonya on Tuesday. Winner gets added to the Summerslam title match supposedly.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so whats the time of death on asuka and was it shorter than bayley?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DarkstarIV posted:

That would require Carmella to drop the title before then. And if she walks out of Summerslam as champion, the only person that's really left to feud with her is Naomi. And jesus those matches would be dire (Naomi can't carry people at all).

...So it'll happen because WWE doesn't give a poo poo about quality in the women's division.

That being said, I do find it amusing that the RAW and Smackdown Women's Title matches at Evolution are very likely going to be blown out of the water by the MYC finals and the NXT Women's Title match when it comes to overall quality (storytelling and in ring quality). Not to mention whatever else may be put on the card.

Historically Naomi is pretty much the only woman who always beat Alexa. So gently caress it if we have to suffer a few bad matches let Naomi be the blond heel killer.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I’m still bitter that I made a comment on Reddit about how she’s doomed on the main roster and I was severely downvoted.

At that point I decided to delete my account and never post there again.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

Paige is teasing Mandy vs Sonya on Tuesday. Winner gets added to the Summerslam title match supposedly.

lol, maybe they are worried about a backlash if Becky took the pin?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

ICYMI: Rusev and Lana vs Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega was added to the Kickoff show for Summerslam.

I can't help but feel that kickoff show is going to be Cien's ceiling.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

is pepsi ok posted:

It could also be a tag match as some have floated. Regardless, if Carmella retains at Summerslam, I don't see Becky getting another shot. Carmella will likely feud with Naomi next, or revisit the Asuka feud if they really do want to put on a high quality womens ppv. But I doubt Vince cares about quality in the womens division.

I think Bryan summed up Carmella's in ring career in WWE in a pretty fitting way. She is worse than Enzo in the ring with only half the mic skills. But because she is attractive to Vince and Dunn, thats all that matters to them.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I feel like Naomi/Lana is going to be a thing if the women's tag-team division happens soon.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

10 months from Bayley's debut to losing to Alexa at Extreme Rules. 9 months from Asuka debuting to losing to Carmella also at Extreme Rules.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

I'm reminded of (IIRC) a part of an Alvarez rant that was essentially "if you're so worried about someone looking bad or stupid in a match, you could just always, I dunno, not book them for that match?"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fart blood posted:

I can’t comment on that but I can say he was raised in Lockport, which is NOT Chicago. We’ve been bamboozled! :mad:

As someone from the Western suburbs originally, the minute you go out of state you just tell people you're from Chicago. It's a lot easier than saying, "Oh, I'm from Bolingbrook, it's a suburb not far from downtown, you take 290 to 355 and you're there."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm reminded of (IIRC) a part of an Alvarez rant that was essentially "if you're so worried about someone looking bad or stupid in a match, you could just always, I dunno, not book them for that match?"

I love that rant. Because without fail WWE always just books them in the drat match anyway.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Timby posted:

As someone from the Western suburbs originally, the minute you go out of state you just tell people you're from Chicago. It's a lot easier than saying, "Oh, I'm from Bolingbrook, it's a suburb not far from downtown, you take 290 to 355 and you're there."

He still lies :colbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Here's how I imagine things will shake out at Summerslam regarding Charlotte, Carmella, and Becky.

Charlotte and Becky will get into a fight. One of them will toss the other out of the ring. The person left in the ring will turn around into Carmella's lovely "superkick", and get pinned. A few weeks later, Charlotte and Becky will be a tag team again, and going after the women's tag titles if they are announced. Meanwhile Carmella will either feud with Naomi or go back to feuding with Asuka.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

I love that rant. Because without fail WWE always just books them in the drat match anyway.

My favorite recent example was last Summerslam

Brock/Reigns/Joe/Braun

So, the last two people there the fans loved and didn't want to see lose that match, and Braun in particular they didn't want to see lose in general and only wanted him to kill people and win and be champ. Obviously that couldn't happen. Oh, also this wasn't either's first title match against Brock, and neither could really afford to lose another.

The first two people there the fans at best didn't like, at worst were already sick of being matched up together. (Sidenote: Two matches together since, a third scheduled for this Summerslam.) Brock WWE didn't want losing the belt yet, and Reigns they didn't want winning the belt yet. Neither could afford a loss, and Reigns had already lost a lot of title matches before this. (Again, far from stopping by that point)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

fart blood posted:

He still lies :colbert:

I mean I get it bc I was born in the DC suburbs and just default to "dc" most of the time but lmao at cm punk having to say it stands for "chick magnet" in court and actually being from the burbs.

seriously though gently caress him, Colt seems like a cool guy just trying to make a living, and the least he could do is cover court fees because all this started because the guy let him rant on his podcast.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder if Punk has less money than he thought and that’s why he stiffed Colt on the legal fees.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fart blood posted:

I wonder if Punk has less money than he thought and that’s why he stiffed Colt on the legal fees.

Wouldn't shock me. Didn't he only take that UFC fight for a quick payday or something? I remember hearing something like him not being good with money.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DarkstarIV posted:

Wouldn't shock me. Didn't he only take that UFC fight for a quick payday or something? I remember hearing something like him not being good with money.

Didn't his WWE documentary show him and AJ living in a pretty modest ranch-style house in the suburbs?

I mean, I could easily see him being bad with money, but he did UFC because he's an arrogant prick who wanted to prove he could succeed in something other than pro graps.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fart blood posted:

It’s important to remember that Punk may be a try hard teen edge lord who uses livejournal, but we must never forget WWE is way worse. (Not that anyone here thinks otherwise, just saying)

This is true, and the tryhard teen edge lord is why I liked him. But gently caress dude help your friend out. You both just fought a monster and WON

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Timby posted:

Didn't his WWE documentary show him and AJ living in a pretty modest ranch-style house in the suburbs?

I mean, I could easily see him being bad with money, but he did UFC because he's an arrogant prick who wanted to prove he could succeed in something other than pro graps.

well, also because it was already a kind of hobby of his. And poo poo, if baseball was my hobby and I was told "yo we'll give you wayyyyy too much money" by The Giant's or whoever I'd take it to get loving clowned on by the pros just to say "lmao yeah I was in the MLB once"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It wasn't even really a hobby. He just watched a couple Gracie videos and wore their merch.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

even better

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

This is true, and the tryhard teen edge lord is why I liked him. But gently caress dude help your friend out. You both just fought a monster and WON

Live by the tryhard teen edge lord, die by the tryhard teen edge lord.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's a good chance that Smackdown's writers resented her for having buzz when they wanted to do stuff with other females on the roster (Which apparently they can only write one woman at a time) and resentment on RAW too when they were just putting her in long competitive matches with people she beat like it was nothing in NXT like Emma.

For all the BS that Bruce Pritchard spews on his podcast, the CM Punk episode probably had the most true insight on what it's like to be an indie darling when you make it to the main roster. Vince's yes-men all seem to absolutely loathe anyone who was over before making it to the main roster and still see NXT almost like another indie from another company which is why a lot of guys that seemed to get better chances straight out of NXT were people that nobody ever really paid attention to (Ruusev, Braun, and Corbin for example)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think its more along the lines of Vince and Kevin only want to go back to the 2008 divas era. That's why I can't wait for Evolution. The MYC finals and the NXT Women's Title matches alone are going to completely destroy anything the main roster can put together in terms of quality.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What do my knuckles say!?

NOHAL FSIES

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

How much did he spend on training for the UFC? And did he keep the receipt so he can get his money back?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Davros1 posted:

How much did he spend on training for the UFC? And did he keep the receipt so he can get his money back?

lol

and can you believe his coach probably got 20% off what UFC paid him?

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

well, also because it was already a kind of hobby of his. And poo poo, if baseball was my hobby and I was told "yo we'll give you wayyyyy too much money" by The Giant's or whoever I'd take it to get loving clowned on by the pros just to say "lmao yeah I was in the MLB once"

Isn’t that what happened with Michael Jordan?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Auritech posted:

Isn’t that what happened with Michael Jordan?

Jordan was serving a secret suspension for Gambling/Steroids because the NBA couldn't afford the bad pr if the reason he wasn't playing was made public

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Jordan was serving a secret suspension for Gambling/Steroids because the NBA couldn't afford the bad pr if the reason he wasn't playing was made public

Whoa, now that's interesting.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Per PWInsider:

quote:

On the latest episode of PWInsider Elite, Mike Johnson revealed that Asuka left the arena on Tuesday after a heated meeting with WWE officials, and has stopped returning their calls.

Apparently, the Japanese star has taken issue with being left off the card for Summerslam and missing out on one of the best paydays of the year, among other issues.

Johnson clarified that despite increasingly common losses since the end of her streak, Asuka is frustrated not at a lack of wins, but at the short length and ''overbooked'' nature of the matches, feeling that she isn't receiving enough opportunity to display her abilities and express her ''art''

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Well, what did she expect? Had she never seen WWE before?

• Locked thread