Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi in the G1 Climax 28 finals
Rey Mysterio, KUSHIDA and Sengoku Enbu vs. Kazuchika Okada, YOH and SHO
Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and Jay White vs. Kenny Omega, Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi
Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, SANADA and BUSHI vs. Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Desperado
The Young Bucks and Marty Scurll vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa and Taiji Ishimori
Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. Cody and Hangman Page
YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto vs. Taichi and Takashi Iizuka
Bad Luck Fale vs. Toa Henare
Togi Makabe, Michael Elgin and Tomoaki Honma vs. Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino and Ayato Yoshida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Fale vs Henare is a weird match to be the only other singles match on the card.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ok i hosed up, i thought the finals was at 5:30 but it's actually at 2 am edt or 3 hours from now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

who is sengoku enbu

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

really surprised to see no title defenses scheduled too.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

who is sengoku enbu

Almost 100% Taguchi.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

G1 CLIMAX FINALS
August 12th at 2:00 EDT/7:00 BST
Nippon Budokan

GBH and Michael Elgin vs. Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino, and Ayato Yoshida
Toa Henare vs. Bad Luck Fale
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka and Taichi)
Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. BC Elite (Hangman Page and Cody)
BC Elite (Young Bucks and Bullet Club) vs. Bullet Club (GoD and Taiji Ishimori)
L.I.J vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, ZSJ, Kanemaru, and Desperado)
CHAOS (Jay White, Tomohiro Ishii, and Toru Yano) vs. BC Elite (Kenny Omega, Yujiro, Chase Owens)
Rey Mysterio Jr, KUSHIDA, and Pro-Wrestler Sengoku Enbu vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, SHO, and YOH)
G1 Climax Finals:Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Draxion posted:

Almost 100% Taguchi.

yep not just because of masked horse precedent but he even made a reference to it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
TAICHI IS BACK :neckbeard:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

henare's joining the ogs

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Yessss I can’t wait for Knife Pervert to try and gently caress over Ishii

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ishimori confirmed BCOG?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

cams posted:

ishimori confirmed BCOG?

i went the safe route and just listed them as bullet club since it's not official yet but it sure looks that way

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love how Rocky is trying to commentate but also he can't stop laughing in disbelief at what he just saw. Like his mind is struggling to comprehend that he just saw Ishii do a Shining Wizard. It's awesome.

I might have to catch the highlight of that. I watched in Japanese and I think Liger was also giggling like a crazy man

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oh, and for those of you who don't watch lion's gate, ayato yoshida is a k-dojo guy who has been a regular on there. kinda cool for him to go from shinjuku face to the budoka

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Thauros posted:

ok i hosed up, i thought the finals was at 5:30 but it's actually at 2 am edt or 3 hours from now.
Oh wow, good thing I woke up this early because I set my alarm clock to get up for a much later start.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I perfectly predicted Juices G1.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Watching the new promos and I lost it at the Bucks and Marty burying the trios belts while holding them

"We've been defending them on house shows unfilmed, you know, like Goldberg" :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The G1 is nearly over... no matter how good wrestling might be over the rest of the year, we basically hit the high watermark tonight. So enjoy and start counting the days till the next one! :cheers:

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Let's loving go Ibushi. Take your rightful place as an official Top Guy.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

So, um... I thought the BCOG's got suspended for 3 months for interfering in a match last night?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Takuan posted:

So, um... I thought the BCOG's got suspended for 3 months for interfering in a match last night?

They didn't interfere. They stayed on the ramp.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

sigmachiev posted:

Let's loving go Ibushi. Take your rightful place as an official Top Guy.

:hellyeah:

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I am so torn on who I want to win.

Tanahashi Pros:

-Very Good Wrestler
-Very handsome man
-Is the Ace

Tanahashi Cons:

-None

Ibushi Pros:

-Very Good Wrestler
-Very Handsome man
-Could be the Ace if he was around permanently
-When my parents were staying with me last weekend and I watched Ibushi vs Naito, my mom told my dad how incredibly attractive she found Ibushi. My dad agreed.

Ibushi Cons:

-Might cause my parents to get a divorce?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thauros posted:

Oh snap, I get to watch this live! :woop:

I'm real excited for Henare joining the Tongans and the return of THE EMPEROR TAICHI

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Rarity posted:

Oh snap, I get to watch this live! :woop:

I'm real excited for Henare joining the Tongans and the return of THE EMPEROR TAICHI

Glad i checked the website and realized it's about to start!

Also, the Naito thing: it looks like they're doing an all out war between Suzuki-gun and LIJ. Maybe put Sanada against Suzuki and Bushi against Desperado since Hiromu is out.

Then have Jericho come back and join SG and face EVIL.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

It's 1:45 in the morning I got the house to myself I'm making a pot of cheap macaroni and cheese and I'm about to watch the G1 Final gently caress yeah

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Aw poo poo yeah it's 10:50 and the night is still young and I got beer and New Japan live :woop:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Just cleaned the house so getting some beer from the store and gonna have quite a nice afternoon with the G1.

Then eating homemade pasta after.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's breakfast time over here so I'm gonna make myself a bacon sarnie and settle in :neckbeard:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's 11PM and it's been a rough week due to family issues that I need to move a week of vacation up but hell lets watch it live

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's 9 AM and raining like a motherfucker here in Finland and I've just made myself some breakfast. Let's fuckin watch some GOD drat P R O W R E S T L I N G, FRIENDS

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

It's raining after a heatwave. The cool, wet air marks a fantastic evening that will be capped-off with two handsome men attempting to remove each other's vertebrae.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's happening :hellyeah:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
BE A SURVIVOR

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

It's breakfast time over here so I'm gonna make myself a bacon sarnie and settle in :neckbeard:

I went to bed before 11pm on a Saturday night in order to be up for 6am to watch this. And then realised it starts at 7am and I forgot that the time on New Japan World is listed in GMT not BST for like the 3rd time this G1.

Anyway, I'm a survivor so no big deal.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

A Real Horse posted:

Ibushi Pros:

-When my parents were staying with me last weekend and I watched Ibushi vs Naito, my mom told my dad how incredibly attractive she found Ibushi. My dad agreed.

Ibushi Cons:

-Might cause my parents to get a divorce?
That con doesn't sound something you should worry about, unless you can't live with the thought of having three parents. :v:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I seriously have no idea who to root for in the main event. I want both to win. I want the most handsome boy in the world Kota Ibushi to main event Wrestle Kingdom with his slightly less handsome awesome friend Kenny Omega. But I also want to scream my god drat lungs out when I shout out GO ACE!!!!!! when The Ace Of The Universe Hiroshi Tanahashi enters, more anime than ever, and faces the god drat Best Bout Machine and I then I cease to exist when the WK ME ends, probably, because I've seen a wrestling.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

BE A SURVIVOR
BREAK THE CONTRADICTIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ZSJ is such a wonderful loving douche bag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YerSyw17-BY

• Locked thread