Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

How are you guys even finding normal eevees? is there a nest or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
49 Eevee and no shiny, gently caress you game

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

What would be preferred evolution(s) if you are evolving during the event for the Last Resort move?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

StabMasterArson posted:

How are you guys even finding normal eevees? is there a nest or something?

There was a community event today so they were literally everywhere. But I normally see them pretty regularly too, they are fairly common.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
This was my first community day and by god was I horrified to actually see the community that I'm a part of.

Started to run into connectivity issues at the mall, so I'm going to buy a $1.50 ticket on our nice air-conditioned super slow light rail system and just ride tomorrow. Goes by tons of pokestops and is slow enough to hatch eggs.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I probably caught 200 or Evees and got 5 shinies. I haven't used use the name trick on Espeon and Umbreon so that's nice.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Got a 100IV 747cp eevee, a 100iv 1120cp porygon from a raid, and 6 shinies (2 with cp above 700). Wife got 6 shinies (2 with cp above 800) and a shiny pikachu. Did pretty well overall.

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 11, 2018

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
72 Eevees.

No shinies.

Eevee is one of my favorites so I'm super sad. If anyone near Denver got an extra I'll happily trade you whatever for one.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I feel like the game was making up for my poo poo luck on Squirtle day because I only managed to get out for the last 30 minutes of todays event and still nabbed 5 shinies.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I took a nap when the event started. No shinies, of course.

Hopefully I can get some tomorrow.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Kharmakazy posted:

I caught.. 200 eevees and got 7 shiny.

Most of the IVs suck though.

7>0

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Went from 15 evee candy to about 300 today without using pinap berries, ended up getting one shiny.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

LumpyGumby posted:

72 Eevees.

No shinies.

Eevee is one of my favorites so I'm super sad. If anyone near Denver got an extra I'll happily trade you whatever for one.

I might be out in Denver around January maybe? I'll message/post if so and see if you're still in need.

Although lol shiny dust is a lot so we'll see if I have enough.

edit: sent you a friend request so we can maybe get some levels up

tangy yet delightful fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 12, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

If only I could be sure of Vaporeon...

Espeon or Umbreon?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Beachcomber posted:

If only I could be sure of Vaporeon...

Espeon or Umbreon?

Espeon is arguably more useful

Heffer
May 1, 2003

For what it's worth, I'd say save two shiny evees for when the two new evees come in next generation

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

Espeon is arguably more useful

Also lime green in colour which is way more important.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Finally caught Mew. He's okay.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Also lime green in colour which is way more important.

I got 1 shiny and this is my feeling as well

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

About 140 Eevees and 6 shiny. Also managed to coordinate a 16 person Registeel raid. It was nice because two of the gyms in the local park touch each other and both had Registeel pop at the same time. So finished one raid, did 11 great/excellent throws and couldn't get Registeel. Did the second raid and got it on my last ball. After that I just swam in a sea or Eevees. Probably gonna go do it again tomorrow.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
174 eevees.

not a single goddamn one shiny.

One dude was wearing a shirt that said "of all the flavors, why would you choose salty?"

I showed him.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

no idea how many i caught as i was running from all the non-shiny ones, as there were so many eevees on campus that i had like 7 or 8 on screen at all times. 8 shinies today for me. it took evolving six of them to get the 3 kanto eeveelutions, which is fuckin dumb, so i still need 3 more tomorrow (or preferably 4 so i can keep one as an eevee as i prefer having a shiny of every stage if i can).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Only got 2 shinies, but one is the highest level ive ever caufht and with like 80-85% iv so thats neat.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The three shinies I caught today were the lowest iv eevees I've ever caught period.

Highest was like 13%

Lol

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Some motherfucker in my raid chat caught 18 loving shinies. How is that even possible.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I just realized my mom started an account last year and never used the name trick, because she never caught an Eevee. I might need to take that account tomorrow and level it the gently caress up. And catch a few shinies!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I'm glad I never bothered to use the name trick before.

Now to find some theme gyms to defend...
(Instinct so fat chance there)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Got 2 today, didn't actively play during the event so I'm happy with that. Will actually go to a park tomorrow. If I don't get anymore I'll probably stick to Umbreon and Espeon since I think those look the coolest.

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015
Second day of CD was just over in asia pacific. I got 12 shinies total, kinda bad IVs though, the best I got is only 78%. Also dust, oh boy the dust, it was cloudy today so I got bonus from catching all those eevee, farmed around 150k dust total.

Good luck with the 2nd day to you guys~

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Second day managed to pick up another 8 shinies but again they're all trash IV wise, highest was 71. I got really lucky with my shiny evos last night 3 evolved and got one of each :woop: culled all the trash and have 21 regulars that have 80+ IV's but am waiting to evolve them till after the last resort thing ends.

Also I was lucky enough to do the Donphan raid at the end of the day, with a level 40 who basically solo'd it while I poked at it and gave it mean looks, then I caught it and it was 93 IV :D

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it, looking forward to the next one whatever it may be.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
lmao 2 days and only a single crappy shiny. thinking if I should turn it to a glow in the dark espeon or just keep it unevolved as a shameful reminder.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Kharmakazy posted:

There was a community event today so they were literally everywhere. But I normally see them pretty regularly too, they are fairly common.

I havent seen a single one. Plenty of whismur and rattatas tho

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Heffer posted:

For what it's worth, I'd say save two shiny evees for when the two new evees come in next generation

Three if you want a shiny Sylveon as well, but that one is way down the road probably

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
Today was kind of a bust compared to yesterday. Got 8 shinys and a 100% non-shiny yesterday. Today only 3 shinys and nothing better than a 91% .
For whatever reason the Eevee spawns were worse today. Maybe due to some early lure placement fuckery?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

pod6isjerks posted:

Today was kind of a bust compared to yesterday. Got 8 shinys and a 100% non-shiny yesterday. Today only 3 shinys and nothing better than a 91% .
For whatever reason the Eevee spawns were worse today. Maybe due to some early lure placement fuckery?

Was worse for me today too but that might have been the weather - they were all weather boosted yesterday, but not at any point today.

I did well with shinies again today though, only did 2 hours today but got another 7 shiny for a total of 18 over the weekend.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Trip Report : ~5 shinies, but it's so goddamn hot out that my phone overheated and died.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I was gonna go but instead I'm gonna just stay home. My wife took my sister in with her to get Eevees though. I got enough Eevees yesterday I think.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Ok I must be shadow-banned or my game busted or something cos I didn't even see a single regular eevee and I walked a whole load. gently caress u niantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

StabMasterArson posted:

Ok I must be shadow-banned or my game busted or something cos I didn't even see a single regular eevee and I walked a whole load. gently caress u niantic

sure you were out during the right time? It was only for 3 hours that change depending on local time zones

• Locked thread