Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Wonder if that's enough accuracy to make srs feel good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Dr. Despair posted:

Wonder if that's enough accuracy to make srs feel good

So much of the issue with SRS came from the AI changes, not their actual dps.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I found that my issue with SRS wasn't accuracy or AI but that without Mistress of Sacrifice providing 30% cast speed it felt clunky as gently caress to refresh the swarm.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Look look you don't understand skulls aren't smart thus my immersion would be ruined if they actually killed poo poo. This is what morons say. These morons should never ever be allowed anywhere near game design.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Duck and Cover posted:

Look look you don't understand skulls aren't smart thus my immersion would be ruined if they actually killed poo poo. This is what morons say. These morons should never ever be allowed anywhere near game design.

Skulls are actually the smartest bone in the body, as the one that contains the locus of thought, The Brain.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

Skulls are actually the smartest bone in the body, as the one that contains the locus of thought, The Brain.

Shutup just shutup. As someone who gives pretty much zero shits about the plot in this game it annoys me when gameplay is made worse in favor of the stupidest immersion crap. Well zombies are suppose to be dumb.... says the loving moron on the internet. Like games are suppose to be fun having my zombies wander around not killing poo poo is most definitely not fun.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

minion ai is actually based on duck and cover's posting

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Dr. Despair posted:

minion ai is actually based on duck and cover's posting

I’m going to go with this theory.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Count Uvula posted:

Don't trust the skull

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

You're all just jealous of my neural network.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I love how fast Flicker Strike can clear a map, but I wonder if the little minecart buddy thing is going to be able to keep up?

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
And what if thanks to a ballin skin your SRS is not skulls but crows, a noted smart bird? What's their excuse then?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ak Gara posted:

Okay I'll just carfully target this one monst

gently caress

AAAAHHH!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

what is this, and how do i build it, this looks amazing

vvv: thanks

Truga fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Aug 13, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its molten strike with lots of extra projectiles

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Ak Gara posted:

I love how fast Flicker Strike can clear a map, but I wonder if the little minecart buddy thing is going to be able to keep up?

Given the nature of Flicker Strike and the fact that running out into the darkness will kill you, flicker seems like an exceptionally bad idea in Delve.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Assuming the Delve mechanics are similar to the Breach mechanics - where monsters outside the radius disappear - Flicker Strike might actually be great this league.

Edit: Just realized that since your character has their own light radius my point is moot and I am an idiot.

Svensken fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 13, 2018

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Truga posted:

what is this, and how do i build it, this looks amazing

vvv: thanks

Molten Strike - Greater Projectiles - Multistrike - Added Chaos Damage - Ancestral Call - Deadly Ailments

Plus two Wildfire gems for a total of 11 projectiles. (33 with ancestral call x 9 attacks per second so about 300 magma balls per second, each stacking poison) If I had some ex's I could buy Dying Sun and a helm with increased molten strike projectiles for a total of 16.

Fun fact, it's possible to use ancestral call on a single target!

Target --> x me o <-- aim here

The 2 not-yours will aim behind you.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Note that you should only ever use GMP on your Molten Strike if you are using poison. Otherwise, the loss of hit damage will wipe any benefits from stacking more projectiles on top of the mobs.

Also, AC aiming behind you tends to be quite unreliable, your ghostdad often will not pop up behind you. It's more reliable to stand a short distance away and aim towards the mob. There is an optimal distance: too close and you will hit them directly, without spawning a ghostdad. Too far, and your ghostdad won't even spawn. Just right: you will strike air your weapon, your ghostdad will hit the boss with your weapon, and balls will get spawned from the tips of both.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wish poeninja showed a larger range of characters. Mainly the 90-94 range to see a bit more variation. Maybe it can and I don’t know how.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

euphronius posted:

I wish poeninja showed a larger range of characters. Mainly the 90-94 range to see a bit more variation. Maybe it can and I don’t know how.

80% of the top characters are using immortal call, which is pretty ridiculous. Seems like the game could use another circuit breaker or two.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
90-94 is a good range to see an endgame build though. If you look past 95 or so then builds start going to IIQ gear and headhunters.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I think the issue is that ninja only shows the higher levels after a certain point because it can only see the top X ladder characters. Not sure what the cutoff is, but at a certain point the entire database is IIQ characters, practically.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Look like they scan the top 12000 or so per league.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

Look like they scan the top 12000 or so per league.

Last I checked, the ladders only hold 15000 characters.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any of the armour visuals you can buy that will help with delve and lighting?

remember
Nov 23, 2006

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Can anyone help me with my BV Elementalist? I'm feeling a bit squishy in white maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TopsideChimera/characters/BVChimera

You're missing the cast when damage taken, immortal call, increased duration and warlord's mark 4 link. Starkonja's should be cheapish and should give you a lot better survivability.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Is there a difference between "increased elemental mods" and "more elemental mods"? :v:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1029124148201644032

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Have we seen any evidence of these things stacking? I'm worried that the socketable currency will take up an obnoxious mount of inventory/stash space and wind up being a fiddly management nightmare a la Legacy

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah thinking about a full tab of all those identical fossils is making me :sweatdrop: a little

J
Jun 10, 2001

If delve ends up becoming part of the base game I could see them adding all that stuff to the fragments tab.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Not a chance, when they can sell you a brand new delve tab

nerox
May 20, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Is there a difference between "increased elemental mods" and "more elemental mods"? :v:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1029124148201644032

Step 1: Get a white 6s body armor.
Step 2: Buy any of these that are up for less than a divine.
Step 3: Use item to upgrade body armor, if rolls suck, sell mirrored armor for divine orb.
Step 4: Scour badly rolled item.
Step 4: Repeat steps 2-5.

These won't ever be up for less than a divine.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Incursion is getting rolled in, but not until December

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Can anyone help me with my BV Elementalist? I'm feeling a bit squishy in white maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TopsideChimera/characters/BVChimera

Personally I never bothered with going all the way over to phase acro and got the mom cluster instead. I had bought a relatively cheap (at the time) devotos with the 30% duration enchant for the extra chaos res, but Starkonjas is really good as well.

Seconding the secondary warlords cwdt setup, also get a hypothermia leveling up and switch that with the added fire once you get uber lab done. And a stygian vise with a good hypnotic eye jewel should give you more dps that a magnate.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Well poo poo. I guess beating an Elder Guardian on an uncleared map doesn't count toward as a completion since you don't kill the actual boss.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yep

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

You get the unlock, just not the atlas bonus.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tai posted:

Any of the armour visuals you can buy that will help with delve and lighting?

MTX only helps when it is bugged (best example being the EK stars), there are no known bugs right now

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The MTX is supposed to benefit from the new lighting changes, so basically anything that makes you look like an obnoxious torch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

ThermosAquaticus posted:

You should go for Beacon of Ruin first over Mastermind of Discord for the proliferation. With beacon of ruin, people use BV + Ice Bite + Hypothermia and Herald of Ice + hypothermia + ice bite to chill/freeze entire packs as you shield charge into them which greatly reduces incoming damage. Adding innervate to herald of ice and an impulsas, most mobs don't even hit you before instantly exploding. It's one of the reasons why ele BV is a competitive build for racing to 100 in ssf hc.

IMO I would respec into the non-crit elemental overload version of BV. It's difficult to get both crit and ehp on the tree, even more so with a limited budget. The non-crit version deals more than enough damage to speedclear all tier maps once you get impulsas, and you can make some adjustments for single target if you want to do bosses.

also rolling your divine flask into a Seething or Bubbling of whatever will probably save you from a lot of rips

yum fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 14, 2018