Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I just want to get to HR16 so I can check out the final fantasy crossover content, but these elder dragons are all super hard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that barroth keeps showing up in cutscenes or during hunts to job for new monsters

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

The odogaron hosed me up, bleed is a brutal status effect to get hit with when solo hunting

hes a cool monster

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

I just want to get to HR16 so I can check out the final fantasy crossover content, but these elder dragons are all super hard!

none of that stuff is in the pc version yet. but if you''re on ps4 or xbone then goon bless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i failed my first quest...the diablos charge pwnd my rear end.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

i failed my first quest...the diablos charge pwnd my rear end.

ive been having a really easy time because going from playing this on the lovely 3ds to a real controller is like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7EmE3NVLwI&t=18s

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

extremebuff posted:

ive been having a really easy time because going from playing this on the lovely 3ds to a real controller is like

lmao

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I saw there was a new update and hadn’t played in months but didn’t read anything about it so I was pretty surprised when I saw the final fantasy stuff. Game is still fun.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
whats the ff content

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can hunt a behemoth

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My god... don’t wait 300 hours to learn the sword and shield like I did. This thing is so freaking good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just discovered ive been using the longblade wrong and theres some special finishers I didnt even know about

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

same, I watched a video on it and like half the mechanics that were explained I had no idea about

e: I made the mistake of watching it after I finished playing last night and now have to wait all day today to go back and actually try this stuff out.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
drat the Chinese government just banned this game and pulled it from stores and you can't connect to servers there anymore. Tencent is publishing it there and has gone completely silent on it. Sending good vibes out to all my Chinese gamer brothers and sisters

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

people are upset that a game that did 10x better than anyone expected it to had server issues opening weekend lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC Gaming FTW. Every negative review has tens of hours and something like Can't hit 60fps on my 2-screen 4K setup. Capcucks loving us again.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is anyone playing this on a lovely rig, I haven't updated my pc in years because I don't really use it much and I have a 750 ti which I think is actually below the listed minimum specs for this game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tender Bender posted:

Is anyone playing this on a lovely rig, I haven't updated my pc in years because I don't really use it much and I have a 750 ti which I think is actually below the listed minimum specs for this game.

Have you considered upgrading to a ps4

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

Have you considered upgrading to a ps4

I am a casual who can't afford a console right now I might just get the dumb switch game when that comes out this month

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reached the second Shoot a cannon at the enormous monster for 20 minutes while cutscenes play quest. How many of these are there before they unlock the postgame, whatever it's called in this. The G rank stuff.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

extremebuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZW-4wQkcE

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Reached the second Shoot a cannon at the enormous monster for 20 minutes while cutscenes play quest. How many of these are there before they unlock the postgame, whatever it's called in this. The G rank stuff.

i think you've got one more to go. the kulu gear that gives you Pro Transporter makes it a little less annoying. good luck

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I am a casual who can't afford a console right now I might just get the dumb switch game when that comes out this month

dude a pc upgrade is gonna cost you more than a ps4 lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmAO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When the nergigante showed up I was climbing somewhere completely different and scaled it for a while before trying to make my way back to the nergigante and halfway there it just got Driven Away by something and the mission just progressed anyway lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

capped the ice drake a bunch of times and im now a switchaxe hunter

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

It's high rank there's no G rank in world. I think the one you did with driving off negrigante was the last low rank mission ..... real hunting starts here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Indeed it has, I just opened up High Rank after that. gently caress yes!!!!! Guess its time to play this game forever now.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

dude a pc upgrade is gonna cost you more than a ps4 lol

Sorry meant to convey that I am not upgrading my pc nor getting a ps4 so I am probably not playing MH World

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

the youtube channel is inert

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

PC Gaming FTW. Every negative review has tens of hours and something like Can't hit 60fps on my 2-screen 4K setup. Capcucks loving us again.

it seems like people are complaining about the online breaking mostly

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
tasteuh my glaive

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ristolaz posted:

tasteuh my glaive

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fighting rathalos 20 times because he refuses to drop marrow, other players getting killed by his poison swoop when he's on his last legs. now THIS is monster hunter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You unlock HR after that fight which will instantly jump the gear curve so LR gear is useless so I would say just move on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

You unlock HR after that fight which will instantly jump the gear curve so LR gear is useless so I would say just move on

i wasnt complaining i love this lol and i want the rathalos set cause it looks god drat cool

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Is pink rathian and blue rathalos in this game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im searching for a pink rathian right now, you have to track it across every environment in the game until you can hunt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Is pink rathian and blue rathalos in this game?

Yes, at hr and there are tempered versions as well