Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Weatherman posted:

now work out what percentage of poasts contain :wrong:

quote:

Weatherman 245

Roughly 3.2% :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

FAUXTON posted:

Boxturret might have 17.5% of the posts but Divabot has 100% of the books

i, andreas antonopolous, must object to this blatant lie

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

congrats you've invented lovely probably-illegal paypal

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am the person who needs some Australian dollars, while I'm in South Africa (or possibly Namibia).

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
the new r/bitcoin mascot thing looks really evil if you flip they eyes upside down

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
guys we did it

Bitfinex at 5963.67

so proud of you all

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
All the times someone hasn't already said buttcoin finally paid off.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

remember when b-coin was nearly 20 thousand dollars? good times

sure is lucky absolutely no one bought then

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Boxturret posted:

remember when b-coin was nearly 20 thousand dollars? good times

sure is lucky absolutely no one bought then

Erm, isn't it called b-cash?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Chalks posted:

Erm, isn't it called b-cash?

the b in b-coin stands for bcash hth

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*in Rutger Hauer's voice*

Time... to buy...

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Boxturret posted:

Every day is a bschool day.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Boxturret posted:

bitcoiin cash coiin

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Powershift posted:

Roughly 3.2% :smug:

:smuggo:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
it's back over 6k you're all fired

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Splicer posted:

I go to work in a few hours goddamn

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Splicer posted:

It's under 6k again, welcome back team

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
get it below 5 and I'll put the biscuits back in the break room

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
i'm not sure i believe this 17.5% figure. i also don't believe in auditing postcounts with actual auditors. could someone please have a disgraced law firm verify that percentage?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

quote:

Am I selling now? No way. Why not? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 8 hours ago by DelfinGuy

Because Bitcoin is not broken. Nothing bad happened to Bitcoin. It still works. It's still the same Bitcoin it was a few months ago, in fact, it's even better now. It is still "going to the moon" same as it ever was.

Did the central banks get together and fix fiat currencies? Did governments around the world suddenly decide to stop spending more than they collect? No way. So, Bitcoin is still "going to the moon".

Will there be bumps along the way? What do you think we're experiencing now? At this time, some of get to decide: are you going to be a coward, or not? Nothing wrong with being a coward, if that's what you want to be, if you want to get old, look back and say, "Yeah, I was a big, loving chicken, and I poo poo my pants...and missed out...". On the other hand, if you choose to stick it out, to be patient, to know that you've invested in the best thing that will ever be invented in your entire life, then your entire perspective will change -- the way you see money, investments, life... You'll grow in certain ways and you will have that for the rest of your life. It's up to you.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

My idea to speed up crypto adoption. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago by sterbisredditor for 6 weeks

What if they create a terminal where the customer doesn't even need a cryptocurrency. The merchant asks the customer if he or she wants to pay in cash, visa, or Bitcoin or the merchant accepts crypto becasue of lower fees. The customer swipes there card imediately the terminal buys Bitcoin say and then uses the bitcoin to make the purchase. The customer gets two receipts, one for the crypto which was entirely used for the purchase and another receipt for the purchased product they bought. Of course this would be done to avoid cryptocurrencies wild swings and also have people using crypto who never would. and the merchant benefits from lower fees

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

i'm not sure i believe this 17.5% figure. i also don't believe in auditing postcounts with actual auditors. could someone please have a disgraced law firm verify that percentage?

I've had it verified independently but will not release the result because it's all fine.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
can't wait until i get old, look back and say, "Yeah, I was a big, loving chicken, and I poo poo my pants...and missed out..."

gonna be a red letter day

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

...! posted:

i'm not sure i believe this 17.5% figure. i also don't believe in auditing postcounts with actual auditors. could someone please have a disgraced law firm dumpster lawyer verify that percentage?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

what is that man doing to his wallet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

what is that man doing to his wallet

No ring

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

...! posted:

What if they create a terminal where the customer doesn't even need a cryptocurrency. The merchant asks the customer if he or she wants to pay in cash, visa, or Bitcoin or the merchant accepts crypto becasue of lower fees. The customer swipes there card imediately the terminal buys Bitcoin say and then uses the bitcoin to make the purchase. The customer gets two receipts, one for the crypto which was entirely used for the purchase and another receipt for the purchased product they bought. Of course this would be done to avoid cryptocurrencies wild swings and also have people using crypto who never would. and the merchant benefits from lower fees

this reminds me of being ten years old and coming up with ideas like "make floors into solar panels and use them to infinitely power the house lights"

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

in other words, bitpay with one additional coin <> fiat conversion

that results in lower fees somehow

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Imagine a terminal that prints money. You swipe your card and get infinite money for free. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i think my favorite part of bitcoin is how whenever number go down they have to give each other back pats and post about how no everything's fine number go back up eventually if we all just believe hard enough

you know, like every good currency does

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Some goober is giving a blockchain/crypto-currency presentation today.

The supplied PowerPoint is the usual surface level “I’ll just believe the marketing bullshit of scam artists” intro to the idealized version of what crypto wishes it was. although I did get a laugh out of the dude describing blockchain as “advanced technology”.

I’m not going but sadly I’m sure too many people here will just eat it up.

I can only hope my company doesn’t go retarded and risk my paycheck.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

...! posted:

this actually exists. afaik it's used exclusively by marijuana shops because credit card processors won't touch them.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

ate all the Oreos posted:

i think my favorite part of bitcoin is how whenever number go down they have to give each other back pats and post about how no everything's fine number go back up eventually if we all just believe hard enough

you know, like every good currency does

https://twitter.com/ButtCoin/status/1029356067027906560

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ate all the Oreos posted:

i think my favorite part of bitcoin is how

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gobbeldygook posted:

this actually exists. afaik it's used exclusively by marijuana shops because credit card processors won't touch them.

those are just normal atms since including cryptocurrency at any step is stupid if you want real money
dive bars that cant get a credit card merchant account will also operate that way

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quote:

found the problem

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

...! posted:

i once saw a law textbook and i can verify that 17.5% is a percentage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

duz posted:

those are just normal atms since including cryptocurrency at any step is stupid if you want real money
dive bars that cant get a credit card merchant account will also operate that way
no they are not normal atms. when you go to the counter and swipe your credit card what you're actually doing is buying bitcoin and paying them with that. this involves extra fees but allows you to buy weed with your credit card.

edit: example of what i'm talking about

• Locked thread