Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

reignofevil posted:

Maybe he was put in prison for being a pedophile and his name is Ramber Alert.

There's a joke here about the word kid, but I'm too lazy to construct it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ramshackle?

Edit: Hm, no shackles on his wrists in the wider shot. Guess not.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 14, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of the disturbing detail that Sgt Hatred said the Guild considered his pedophilia to be a special talent. For all their quirks and charm they're a hosed up bunch.

Also was a plot point Gary points out in the Very Venture Halloween that as soon as nerds are exposed to super-science weirdness, they go completely loving nuts really fast. Explains a lot.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
he's ramburglar...all the pieces fit

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also was a plot point Gary points out in the Very Venture Halloween that as soon as nerds are exposed to super-science weirdness, they go completely loving nuts really fast. Explains a lot.

Almost could explain Red Death - the movie quotes he monologues arent an accident, he's a literal movie nerd and probably was one of those nerds who cant shutup aout movies and was endlessly repeating movie quotes before whatever happened to him happened. And OF COURSE Red Death went to Movie Night and kept the ticket. That's not a memento of an Guild arching gone wrong, movie nerds do that kind of poo poo. I bet Red Death has a DVD collection that would rival anyone and might even top Gary for memorbilia

Except of course Red Death found a way to stop the madness consuming him. But he's still a huge movie nerd

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm reminded of the disturbing detail that Sgt Hatred said the Guild considered his pedophilia to be a special talent. For all their quirks and charm they're a hosed up bunch.

I may have missed it, but have they gone into Purple Pete Rose's backstory yet? Gambling accident? Ephobophilia issues?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I may have missed it, but have they gone into Purple Pete Rose's backstory yet? Gambling accident? Ephobophilia issues?

maybe he's an unaging clone of college-age baron underbheit, created in that same lab explosion

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Why are people still using spoiler tags? the episode aired.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Force of habit but yeah at this point go all out. Probably my other favorite part is Red Skulls’ ummmm when Shelia asks how much time they have til the osi agents regain consciousness

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

tunnel visions ah-whaaaaaaaaa was pretty solid too

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

has anyone in europe bought the art book? i want to buy it but shipping times and costs from the usa....

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Shindragon posted:

Force of habit but yeah at this point go all out. Probably my other favorite part is Red Skulls’ ummmm when Shelia asks how much time they have til the osi agents regain consciousness

Kind of dense of them, though, because Red Death was very explicit that he was only down with the plan if he got a chance to kill somebody.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Did anyone else appreciate the grandiose design of the corporate offices of Dummy Corp., right down to the art deco sign font?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

tarlibone posted:

Did anyone else appreciate the grandiose design of the corporate offices of Dummy Corp., right down to the art deco sign font?

That desk must have been a really good place to stuff OSI's incompetent nephews until Red Death found out about it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rand Brittain posted:

Kind of dense of them, though, because Red Death was very explicit that he was only down with the plan if he got a chance to kill somebody.

Right? It’s like yeah no when he said kill he was serious. It’s like an itch he has to scratch.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's too bad the only therapist in the venture universe is dead or else red death could be working on dealing with this.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Davincie posted:

has anyone in europe bought the art book? i want to buy it but shipping times and costs from the usa....

35 euro shipped to Ireland. Arrived about 5 days after Americans in this thread started getting their preorders

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

It's too bad the only therapist in the venture universe is dead or else red death could be working on dealing with this.

he's got it figured out. dude just likes killing every once in a while is all

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Someday his daughter is going to be very disappointed that her hero turned out to be.... the villain!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

Someday his daughter is going to be very disappointed that her hero turned out to be.... the villain!

the first time we see her she is kicking over another child's sandcastle at a playground. i think she'll turn out ok :unsmith:

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

reignofevil posted:

When did they kill off Killinger?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Nonexistence posted:

When did they kill off Killinger?

He's more of a life coach.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I am so looking forward to another OSI-Guild treaty meeting.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

reignofevil posted:

luxury handset posted:

the first time we see her she is kicking over another child's sandcastle at a playground. i think she'll turn out ok :unsmith:

If we ever get an episode that is set in the future, I always thought it would be a neat idea to have her as an adult arching an older Rocket Impossible(cause with a name and heritage like his, there's no way he doesn't become involved in the world of Super Science and Adventurers)

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Davincie posted:

I'm waiting for a while considering that on amazon it's more in pounds sterling than in dollars. :/

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

drrockso20 posted:

If we ever get an episode that is set in the future, I always thought it would be a neat idea to have her as an adult arching an older Rocket Impossible(cause with a name and heritage like his, there's no way he doesn't become involved in the world of Super Science and Adventurers)

Have we seen Rocket since 20 Years to Midnight? Are we supposed to remember he exists?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

He was accidentally purged due to confusion with the lettuce garnish that Monarch had that allergic reaction too.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Comrade Quack posted:

Have we seen Rocket since 20 Years to Midnight? Are we supposed to remember he exists?

There's nothing you're not supposed to remember exists

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dean's room in the VenTech building was Rocket's and is decorated accordingly, says the art book. (Hank is in Ned's room.)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

They could have adult future Rocket show up in the present, having gone back in time to prevent something that screws up the future timeline.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Well, we do know that sometimes Dr. Venture has to deal with time travelers from the future coming back to yell at him. I'm pretty sure that was mentioned once.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Comrade Quack posted:

Yeah Sally gets spider-skull island, presumably he's there. I think professor impossible is presumed dead?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

think professor impossible is presumed dead?

Nope, he was seen with Sally at Jonas Jr.'s funeral.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Gotta love it how this show loves to reference Batman a lot. And this time not by Hank for once

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

drrockso20 posted:

Whom?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I feel like Sally and the rest of the Impossible family got forgotten somewhere around when JJ goes to space to build Gargantua 2. I can't remember the episode where Monarch actually arches him (maybe I was doing something during that episode of my rewatch where they make the Voltron thing), but I feel like that's about the last time we really see them outside of the cameo at JJ's funeral.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I feel like Sally and the rest of the Impossible family got forgotten somewhere around when JJ goes to space to build Gargantua 2. I can't remember the episode where Monarch actually arches him (maybe I was doing something during that episode of my rewatch where they make the Voltron thing), but I feel like that's about the last time we really see them outside of the cameo at JJ's funeral.

Sally did some stuff in the Gargantua 2 special and not just at the funeral

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The episode you're tying to remember is The Lepidopterists. And I think you're right that we don't see much of Sally since season 3.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 14, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah Sally gets spider-skull island, presumably he's there. I think professor impossible is presumed dead?

he's a member of the revenge society!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ioLebEUHhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF5m7BO3JHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Is that still a thing?