Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

meatpotato posted:

ahem, divided by 100

so 13k? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

13k AFTER inflating it a bit?

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
that's it folks, i'm out

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
time to look for a job far away from numbers

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
if he were good at math he'd have a better job than this

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

savage

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Screening resumes today. One of them had the janky LaTeX font and immediately went into the selected pile. Thank the good lord for the gross and ugly LaTeX font helping me screen candidates.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qhat posted:

Screening resumes today. One of them had the janky LaTeX font and immediately went into the selected pile. Thank the good lord for the gross and ugly LaTeX font helping me screen candidates.

I'm having trouble parsing this post- selected to be interviewed or selected for the trash bin?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm having trouble parsing this post- selected to be interviewed or selected for the trash bin?

Selected for phone interview.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

qhat posted:

I'm glad my resume finds you in good health.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

true tiers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

well

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Kilometres Davis posted:

After your interview, before leaving the building, always take a poo poo.

I have more tolerance for a messy codebase than a messy bathroom. YMMV

man i wish i had taken this advice

we didn't have our own bathroom, we were in an office park and the restrooms were shared between units, and there was some barimetric therapy center and also some kind of gastro-rehab center or SOMETHING in the building, and our shared restroom was like a massive disaster area 24/7.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Beast of Bourbon posted:

man i wish i had taken this advice

we didn't have our own bathroom, we were in an office park and the restrooms were shared between units, and there was some barimetric therapy center and also some kind of gastro-rehab center or SOMETHING in the building, and our shared restroom was like a massive disaster area 24/7.

it doesn't matter who the other tenants are

i've never had a shared-bathroom situation that wasn't a nightmare

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
a friend of mine works for a "startup" with what is generously termed "office space" inside of a building whose principal tenant is a halfway house

his major bathroom problem is junkies breaking in to steal poo poo and shoot up

so, you know, it's all relative i guess

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

adobe utopia supremacy

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Infinite cosmic brain: plaintext courier new

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

qhat posted:

plaintext doesn't have fonts dipshit

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Okay then

How about little endian byte array plain text

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qhat posted:

lol get a load of this post

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

just hand in the batch job to render your latex to a pdf on a stack of punch cards

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

raises paw

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

qhat posted:

Selected for phone interview.

breaking up the phone screen drudgery with a comedic interlude. good plan.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ADINSX posted:

raises paw

sad

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Just got a resume where none of the links to sample projects in it actually work lol

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
just talked with a recruiter that's offering a Java development job. mostly work from home with occasional office visits near my train station downtown. not a startup. tempted....

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pendragon posted:

just talked with a recruiter that's offering a Java development job. mostly work from home with occasional office visits near my train station downtown. not a startup. tempted....

That sounds nice especially if the pay isn't reduced due to the wfh aspect

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I like the way the font looks but I'm also incredibly lazy, and I want my resume to reflect that

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ADINSX posted:

I like the way the font looks but I'm also incredibly lazy, and I want my resume to reflect that

you're not fooling anyone though

anyone who sees that resume and knows the font will also know you didn't typeset it in latex

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

it says that he has bad taste, but is at least practical.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
i use garamond because i like to pretend i'm an intellectual

c i&r s:

quote:

I hope you are well. I wanted to reach out to you about the chance to become an integral part of the development team working on a game-changing IoT/M2M connected car platform in Stockholm!

... start-up building pioneering smart human interfaces for IoT-apps and specialize in M2M & mobile product development ...
... building advanced, scalable systems for a SaaS platform which refines data collection from the car & service providers to revolutionise car ownership! ...
... microservice architecture primarily using Node.js (they are looking for skilled developers with experience in any server-side language but who have an interest in working with NodeJS & other languages for different components), JavaScript (ES6/7), AWS, MongoDB ...

saints preserve us all, i didn't realize internet of poo poo was recruiting here

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Had the interview today. Crushed it, my interviewers were great, showed me around the offices, facility is great, tech stack seems good, work environment seems excellent, but they use GitLab for their version control :rip:

Also I'm really happy with my current job, I'm getting mentorship and moving up so I'm only planning on taking this job if they give me an obnoxious raise.

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 15, 2018

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

PokeJoe posted:

Just got a resume where none of the links to sample projects in it actually work lol

Better than people who link their personal website that looks worse than a geocities homepage.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

qhat posted:

Better than people who link their personal website that looks worse than a geocities homepage.

I remember this one dude a couple of years ago with the coolest geocities hacker website, if it was my decision he'd get hired just for that :getin:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
this company is paying for me to fly and interview with them, for the first time in my life I'll see what's the deal with airplane traveling :woop:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

got an offer :toot: already at dece 6 figgies in nyc. this is +15% plus another 10-15% annual bonus on top. it's a solid offer for the position, not great. there's little doubt that it's much less of a shitshow organization than current employer.

only problem, it's in boston. that fills me with massive anxiety. i have until next week to decide if we're moving.

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

boston is better than new york, though? what's there to be anxious about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Fiedler posted:

boston is better than new york, though?
It really isn't