Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1029744705725190145

It's not the best but playable Maria is neat and the new areas have some cool tunes. The SotN version of Bloody Tears is pretty good! It'd just be nice to have all of that stuff in one version, even if it isn't the best.

Jesus Christ. It's like when Microsoft's big holiday 2014 play was an Assassin's Creed Unity bundle, only without the hastily-added slipcover touting that it also came with Black Flag, an actually good game.

It's like they brainstormed the worst possible Switch bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Breath of the Wild has arrived! :woop:

...Man, Switch game cases are much smaller than I expect them to be.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

Breath of the Wild has arrived! :woop:

Its a PSP, dawg

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's a September bundle, and Walmart exclusive, so it's probably aimed at families.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

That's a September bundle, and Walmart exclusive, so it's probably aimed at families.

They must really hate families

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, I always laugh when I see “I’m 30 and don’t have the reflexes for games anymore” here when I have an uncle in his early 60s that has beaten multiple Souls games. Take some fish oil or some poo poo, guys.:lol:

It’s not a physical issue, but more like I only play a handful of games a year so my reflexes/hand-eye coordination aren’t as sharp as when I was a kid and had all the time in the world.

Adult responsibilities take up like 90% of my life now, the remaining time is spent with my significant other, so gaming has to really fight for my attention. I don’t have as much time to devote to “getting good” at a game as I used to.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Its a PSP, dawg

But can my Switch fire games out of the cartridge slot?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

But can my Switch fire games out of the cartridge slot?

Depends how hard you throw it

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I am still terribly upset Fantasy Life 2 was a mobile game. Release Fantasy Life 3 on the Switch you cowards.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

Jesus Christ. It's like when Microsoft's big holiday 2014 play was an Assassin's Creed Unity bundle, only without the hastily-added slipcover touting that it also came with Black Flag, an actually good game.

Aces and 1-2 Switch sold pretty well though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Aces is a great game, especially since they’ve balanced the op characters and mechanics.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just realized they announced a new Labo Vehicle kit 3 weeks ago. That was under the radar...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TheScott2K posted:

The bundle contains a very fun, very competitive Nintendo sports game and the game that literally everyone bitched incessantly about Nintendo not having included for free from the start.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, what's the problem with that bundle? It's $60 more than just the console, and you get 2 games with it. One really good and one "decent for parties or families" thing.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

DizzyBum posted:

Switch game cases are good. In fact, the top three list of best console game cases is the following:

1. Japanese Gamecube
2. PSVita
3. Switch

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

jivjov posted:

Yeah, what's the problem with that bundle? It's $60 more than just the console, and you get 2 games with it. One really good and one "decent for parties or families" thing.

People are still under the impression 1-2 Switch was a crushing failure when it sold over 2 million copies.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Remember a while back when someone asked about big games coming out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDgyw3u829g&t=162s

What the gently caress is the deal with Wargroove? I remember when I got a Switch like 18 months ago and complaining about the death of Advance Wars people were like "just get Wargroove!" and I cheked and it wasn't out yet, and now it's till not out, not even a release date. What is going on? Why were you people so excited for this game over a year before the release date is still not announced? Is this like Star Citizen? It's not even some big cinematic guaranteed to be amazing grand masterpiece like Death Stranding, it's a GBA style tactics game? How has it taken this long, why did you people even know about it back then? Are all of your cousins making it?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why has Nintendo shyed away from Advanced Wars?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Because the people who make Advance Wars also make Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem makes huge bank now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the gently caress is the deal with Wargroove? I remember when I got a Switch like 18 months ago and complaining about the death of Advance Wars people were like "just get Wargroove!" and I cheked and it wasn't out yet, and now it's till not out, not even a release date. What is going on? Why were you people so excited for this game over a year before the release date is still not announced? Is this like Star Citizen? It's not even some big cinematic guaranteed to be amazing grand masterpiece like Death Stranding, it's a GBA style tactics game? How has it taken this long, why did you people even know about it back then? Are all of your cousins making it?

it is literally like one loving person doing the hard coding for the game, that is why it is taking this long. people are excited because it has crazy customization options and will fill the Advance Wars gap. the team is probably only slightly bigger than Stardew.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 15, 2018

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Policenaut posted:

Because the people who make Advance Wars also make Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem makes huge bank now.

I think the Fire Emblem setting loans itself to better plots as well. You can only do so many, "New Nation emerges to act like assholes and everyone unites against them" stories. I mean poo poo, we've only done 2 World Wars.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nodosaur posted:

People are still under the impression 1-2 Switch was a crushing failure when it sold over 2 million copies.

I saw people saying they must be trying to get rid of excess copies.

It's a digital download

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wars with swords, arrows, magic, and cartoon bombs = good
Wars with guns and tanks = bad

Just a theory. :tinfoil:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I saw people saying they must be trying to get rid of excess copies.

It's a digital download

That means Nintendo's just freeing up megabytes on their servers for the new online service.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

creationist believer posted:

That means Nintendo's just freeing up megabytes on their servers for the new online service.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of Mario Tennis; picked it up yesterday with the sale+GCU, and this is super fun. I much prefer Simple mode, but this is SO much better than the last couple Tennis games

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DLC Inc posted:

it is literally like one loving person doing the hard coding for the game, that is why it is taking this long. people are excited because it has crazy customization options and will fill the Advance Wars gap. the team is probably only slightly bigger than Stardew.

OK but why were you gys excited about it two years before the release date still wasn't announced? Isn't a small team working on a game that will solve all your problems a "let's wait and see if it actually gets released at all" kind of situation?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

jivjov posted:

Do we have more information on the Switch Online family plan yet? Two of my housemates have Switches, so I added them to my family group so we can all share Online...but we're all coming out of the same house. Can I add my boss or my coworkers to that family group too, with no problems on usage?

From the site:

FAQ posted:

What pricing plans are available?

There are individual memberships and family memberships (for up to 8 users). Individual memberships are available in 1-, 3-, and 12-month increments, while all family memberships are for 12 months.

If I own multiple Nintendo Switch systems, will I need a separate membership for each one?

No. Nintendo Switch Online can be used on any device by signing in with the Nintendo Account that purchased the membership.

If someone buys an individual membership, can other users on the same Nintendo Switch system use that Nintendo Switch Online membership?

Individual memberships can only be used by the Nintendo Account holder who purchased the membership.

However, you can share the Nintendo Switch Online features across all the Nintendo Accounts in a family group by purchasing a family membership.

How do I create a family group?

Starting May 15, 2018, it will be possible to create a Nintendo Account Family Group via your Nintendo Account settings. Up to eight Nintendo Accounts (including child accounts) can be linked as a family group.

Can child accounts be added to a family group and use a family membership for Nintendo Switch Online?

Yes. Any Nintendo Accounts associated with the family membership can use the service features.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I need to make a child account for my kid

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

jivjov posted:

Speaking of Mario Tennis; picked it up yesterday with the sale+GCU, and this is super fun. I much prefer Simple mode, but this is SO much better than the last couple Tennis games

I borrowed Mario Tennis for about a week. I found the difficulty either stupid easy against the computer to where it wasn't fun, or too hard to the point where I couldn't win matches. I know I need to just "get good", but I felt like on the harder difficulty the computer just didn't make mistakes like you do. No misjudging the spacing for the trick shots, always hitting the charged up shots when they get the chance.

It was good for a week, glad I didn't buy it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

OK but why were you gys excited about it two years before the release date still wasn't announced? Isn't a small team working on a game that will solve all your problems a "let's wait and see if it actually gets released at all" kind of situation?

solve all of whose problems

what are you even on about

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

quote:

Starting May 15, 2018, it will be possible to create a Nintendo Account Family Group via your Nintendo Account settings. Up to eight Nintendo Accounts (including child accounts) can be linked as a family group.

EIGHT?!?

What are the disadvantages of making a Family Group? Any? Not to be a cheap rear end, but it seems like a no brainer thing to just put 8 people in a family group and pay $4.37/year for the service.

Looking at the FAQ

https://en-americas-support.nintend...SUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

It seems like you can just add people as general members, they can leave the group at any time and not mess with the status of other members. My Nintendo coins are not shared between accounts as a family.

Seriously, what am I missing?

Edit: You also can't be part of two family groups, purchase history is not shared, and eShop funds are not shared...

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 15, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQYcsm2gdPQ

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Astro7x posted:

EIGHT?!?

What are the disadvantages of making a Family Group? Any? Not to be a cheap rear end, but it seems like a no brainer thing to just put 8 people in a family group and pay $4.37/year for the service.

Looking at the FAQ

https://en-americas-support.nintend...SUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

It seems like you can just add people as general members, they can leave the group at any time and not mess with the status of other members. My Nintendo coins are not shared between accounts as a family.

Seriously, what am I missing?

Edit: You also can't be part of two family groups, purchase history is not shared, and eShop funds are not shared...

Yeah the only thing I'm worried about is some hidden clause we won't find til launch about only letting one switch console online at a time or something

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Ugghhh I would trade the entire Fire Emblem series for one Advance Wars sequel on Switch. I miss it so much :(

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

^burtle posted:

I think the Fire Emblem setting loans itself to better plots as well.

Fire Emblem would probably be better without plots tbh

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

this bundle should cost less than a switch without any games at all

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

jivjov posted:

Yeah the only thing I'm worried about is some hidden clause we won't find til launch about only letting one switch console online at a time or something

I imagine Nintendo has run the math and they expect the number of individuals making fake family’s to save $15/year is dwarfed by the number of families with gamer parents and gamer children that are enticed to get a Switch for everyone because they only need one account.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
So uhh a guy on reddit found this article about Diablo 3 for Switch on Forbes and screenshotted it. It's apparently since been deleted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/97kdhy/diablo_3_switch_article_found_on_forbes/

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZFXgN8S

Looks like a bot removed the reddit post, but I confirmed that if you go to the Apple News app and search 'Diablo III' the mentioned article comes up.

Spring Heeled Jack fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Polo-Rican posted:

this bundle should cost less than a switch without any games at all
lol

• Locked thread